Buoyant VHF Marine Transceiver (Discontinued)
Icom’s smallest and lightest buoyant handheld measures just under 13cm in height. Even with its incredible size, the IC-M23 can match the audio and battery performance of other comparable models on the market. What’s more, the IC-M23 sports a bright red LED which flashes if dropped in water, even if the radio is turned off making it easy to find, day or night.FLOAT’N FLASH
An important safety feature of the buoyant IC-M23 is that it has a bright internal red LED which automatically starts flashing on three sides of the base of the radio when it comes into contact with water. This function will be especially useful if the radio is dropped in the water in low light conditions or even at night.
Smallest and lightest in the world!
The IC-M23 VHF marine handheld transceiver has the smallest capacity and body weight in the world*. In fact, compared to the previous floating radio, the IC-M23 has 28% reduced capacity. * As of December 2010, researched by Icom.
Energy-saving 3.7V circuitry
The IC-M23 is powered by the BP-266 3.7V Lithium-Ion battery pack. A newly developed PA circuit provides stable 5W (approx.) RF output and powerful 600mW (typ.) audio even at this low voltage, while saving battery consumption giving 10 hours of operating time.* * Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90
Built-in regular charger circuit
The built-in regular charger circuit allows direct charging of the battery pack using a wall charger or cigarette lighter cable and shows the current charging status on the LCD. When used with the optional rapid desktop charger BC-119N (AD-123 required), the BP-266 battery pack can be removed from the transceiver and charged in 2.5 hours (approx.).
Easy to see LCD with large channel indication
While the IC-M23 has a smaller and lighter body compared to the IC-M35, the IC-M23 keeps the same easy to see large LCD (32x16 mm). The large LCD has a clear 2-digit channel number indication. LCD and key backlighting are built-in for night time operation.
Tag scan function and favourite channel function
The tag scan function scans only tagged channels, while skipping untagged channels. The “Fav” (favourite) button allows quick channel selection by recalling the tagged channels in rotation.
Loud volume/mute functions
The loud volume/mute functions temporarily change the volume to the maximum/minimum level with two touches of a button. To suit the surrounding environment, the user can easily change the volume level to capture the received message.
• Waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes)
• Dual/Tri-watch functions
• 4-step battery life indicator
• 2-step power save function
• Auto scan function starts scanning when no signal is received for 30 seconds
• Instant access to Ch 16 and a programmable call channel
• AquaQuake draining function
• DC power jack is protected with a water-tight plastic cap to prevent water intrusion.
- Marine VHF Radio Lost and Found after 4 Months at the Bottom of a Lake! - 02/09/2016
- Nationwide Assistance Group VHF Marine Radio Donation to Thundercat Racing - 19/05/2016
- Marine VHF Radio, a Must Have Piece of Kit for Both Sea Kayakers and Kayak Fisherman - 07/07/2015
- Buy any Icom Fixed Marine Radio and win an IC-M23 Handheld! - 11/06/2015
- Enter Icom UK's Latest Web Competitions! - 10/04/2015
- Visit Icom’s New Marine Radio Guide on YBW.com! - 10/02/2015
- Great Offers and 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios and AIS Products at the London Boatshow 2... - 08/01/2015