IC-R30 Communications Receiver (Discontinued) The Icom IC-R30 wideband handheld receiver is capable of receiving over a wide (0.1 to 3304.999 MHz) frequency range in AM, FM, WFM, USB, LSB and CW, but can also decode digital modes including P25, NXDN, dPMR, D-STAR and Japanese domestic DCR. 0.1–3304.999 MHz Wideband Coverage
The IC-R30 covers a wide frequency range from 0.1 to 3304.999 MHz in AM, FM, WFM, USB, LSB and CW as well as digital modes*. A ferrite bar antenna for AM broadcasts is built-in, and the earphone cable can be used as an external antenna for FM broadcasts. *SSB, CW and digital modes: 0.1 MHz–1.3 GHz. Usable frequencies and modes differ, depending on the selected A or B band. See specifications for details. Decodes Various Digital Modes
The IC-R30 decodes various digital modes, including P25 (Phase 1), NXDN, dPMR, D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) and Japanese domestic DCR (Digital Convenience Radio). Dualwatch Operation
The radio can receive on different bands and different modes. For example, HF and UHF signals can be monitored simultaneously. You can scan for other active channels on the B band, while receiving the primary signal on the A band. Dual Band Recording Function
The audio of the two bands received while in the Dualwatch mode can be individually recorded onto a microSD card* in the WAV format. The recorded audio can be played back on the receiver or a PC. Also, frequency, mode, S-meter reading, time, current position data and altitude can be saved with received audio.
* A microSD/microSD HC card is required. 2.3 Inch Large LCD and Intuitive User Interface
A 2.3-inch large, dot-matrix display is used in the IC-R30. Screens with large amounts of information are clearly and logically arranged. The four-direction keypad provides straight-forward operation of all functions. Integrated GPS Receiver
The integrated GPS receiver displays your current position data, course, speed and altitude on display. GPS data can also be saved in recorded audio files. The IC-R30 can list up to 50 stations within 160 km; 99.4 miles from your current location*.
* The position data of each station must be pre-programmed in the Memory channels. High Speed Scan − 200 Channels/Second
The IC-R30 scans approximately 200 channels per second in the A band, and 150 channels per second in the B band. You can quickly find and lock into the desired signal. The IC-R30 has a variety of scan functions:
• Near station scan: Using GPS location information and the Memory channels*, the IC-R30 can display and scan up to 50 stations within 160 km; 99.4 miles from your current location, in proximity order.
* The position data of the stations must be programmed in advance.
• Auto memory write scan: Automatically stores received frequencies (up to 200 Ch) during a programmed scan.
• Priority Scan: Checks for signals on a frequency every 5 seconds, while operating on a VFO frequency or scanning.
• Tone scan: Detects a sub-audible tone frequency or the DTCS code in a received signal.
• Program scan, Memory scan, Memory mode scan, Group scan, Group link scan and more.
Band Scope Function
The band scope function enables you to visually search a specified frequency range around the received signal and see the relative received signal strength level. You can jump to the desired signal on the band scope to set the radio to that frequency. Speech Function
The Speech function reads out the operating frequency and mode when you rotate the dial knob or press the [SPEECH] button. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments with the Bluetooth headset without having to look at the radio. IP57 Waterproof Construction
The IC-R30 has IP57 waterproof protection (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD-810-G specifications. Up to 8.3 Hours of Battery Life
The supplied BP-287 Li-ion battery pack provides up to 8 hours and 20 minutes* of operation. The optional BP-293 battery case, with AA (LR6) alkaline cells, can be used as a convenient backup battery.
* The Dualwatch function is ON (A band: continuously receiving, B band: standing by), the Power Save function is set to “Auto (Short),” the internal speaker’s volume is set to “20,” the GPS function is ON, and the Bluetooth function is OFF. USB Charging and PC Connection
The built-in USB port has a range of convenient uses. You can charge the IC-R30 in approximately 5 hours*, carry out data transfer (including loading Memory channels) and CI-V remote control.
* Using with a 1 A USB charger. The IC-R30 is Power OFF. microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage
You can use a microSD card* for data storage. Recording/playback of received audio, RX history log, radio settings and GPS logger data can all be loaded onto the microSD card.
* A microSD/microSDHC is required (up to 32 GB). Wireless Operation with Optional Bluetooth Headset
With the optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset, you can wirelessly listen to the received audio. The VS-3 has volume UP/DOWN buttons and four programmable buttons to remotely control certain functions. CS-R30 Optional Programming Software
Using the CS-R30, you can smoothly edit the following settings on a PC;
• Memory Channels
• Auto memory write channel groups
• Program scan link name
• Radio settings and digital settings
• Scan edges
• GPS memories
OS: Microsoft Windows10, Windows8.1 (* Except for Windows RT) or Windows7. And More:
• Contains frequencies of UK D-STAR repeaters, UK FM repeaters and some broadcast AM stations (UK model only)
• 2000 regular Memory channels (with an 8-character name)
• DTCS and CTCSS tone squelch
• VSC (Voice Squelch Control) (FM, FM-N, WFM, AM, AM-N)
• AFC (Auto Frequency Control) (FM, FM-N, WFM)
• Noise blanker (SSB, CW)
• ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) (AM, AM-N)
• RF gain control (10 steps)
• ATT function (3 steps)
• Key lock function
• Monitor function
• Power save function (3 steps)
• Volume or frequency setting with dial or side buttons
• Quick menu function
- 0.1–3304.999 MHz Wideband Coverage
- Decodes Various Digital Modes
- Dualwatch Operation
- Dual Band Recording Function
- 2.3 Inch Large LCD and Intuitive User Interface
- Integrated GPS Receiver
- High Speed Scan − 200 Channels/Second
- Contains frequencies of UK D-STAR repeaters, UK FM repeaters and some broadcast AM stations (UK model only)
- IP57 Waterproof Construction
- USB Charging and PC Connection
- microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage
- Wireless Operation with Optional Bluetooth Headset
Charging pod. Charges the BP-287 in 4 hours (approx).
Li-ion, 3.6V 3280mAh (typ.), 3120mAh (min.)
Battery case 3x AA (LR6).
Programming/Cloning Software for the IC-R30
Carrying case for IC-R30.
Alligator style belt clip
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
- Icom IC-R30 Firmware Update 1.13 (for non-USA versions) - 10/04/2022
- Icom IC-R30 Firmware Update 1.11 (for non-USA versions) - 16/10/2020
- Meet the Icom Team at the Martin Lynch & Sons Winter Hog Roast 2019 - 17/10/2019
- See Icom's Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2019 - 29/08/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- Icom Radio Demonstration & Offers at the Nevada Radio Open Day (18th November 2018) - 29/10/2018
- New FREE RS-R30 Remote Control Software Available for the IC-R30 Communications Receiver - 12/10/2018
- New Icom Amateur Products Including the IC-9700 to be Shown at Tokyo Hamfair 2018 - 27/09/2018
- See Icom’s Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2018 - 26/09/2018
- D-Star QSO Party 2018 Begins Saturday 22nd September 2018 00:00 (UTC) - 19/09/2018
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2018 - 24/07/2018
- Icom IC-R30 Firmware Update (Version 1.05) - 23/06/2018
- Introducing the Icom IC-R30 Digital/Analogue Wideband Communications Receiver - 21/06/2018
- Two New Articles about Amateur Radio and Radio Receivers - 02/12/2017
- Icom IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz Prototype transceiver Shown at Tokyo Hamfair - 01/09/2017
- Icom IC-7610, IC-R8600, IC-R30 and ID-51 PLUS2 models shown at Tokyo Ham Fair 2016 - 22/08/2016