VE-PG3 RoIP Gateway (Discontinued) The VE-PG3 is a radio over IP gateway that has two primary function modes;one is the bridge mode which interconnects two or more radio over IP networks. The other mode is the converter mode which interconnects calls between connected IP phone, analogue phone and radio systems. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then visit the RoIP VE-PG4 Gateway Module product page. FEATURES (Bridge Mode Connection) Bridge Mode Connection
The bridge mode simply bridges two radio systems over an IP network in a unicast transmission. Mixing Function
The mixing function mixes conversations from different bridge groups. By using the mixing function, unicast transmission can be relayed to a different radio group. IDAS™ To Analogue Connection
The IC-FR5000 repeater series can be connected with the VE-PG3 via Ethernet cable (IP network) using the UC-FR5000 (#02 or #03) network board. The CT-24 digital voice converter is required for use with the VE-PG3. IP Multicast Connection With SR-VPN1
When used with the optional SR-VPN1 VPN router, three or more radio groups are connected with an IP multicast transmission system in the bridge mode. Cross Band Connection*
Cross band/cross category connection is possible between VHF/UHF land mobile, marine VHF and air band. Optional audio connection cables allow you to connect a transceiver or repeater easily.
* Subject to licensing conditions. FEATURES (Converter Mode Connections) Converter Mode
The VE-PG3 has built-in RoIP and SIP gateway, IP router and IP PBX functions all in one box. The VE-PG3 can interconnect calls between the following connected users. Also the call diversion function redirects an incoming call to a third party user. Physical Interfaces
• Two Ethernet ports for connection to public (WAN) and private (LAN) networks
• Two FXO analog PSTN connection (LINE1/2)
• Up to four analog transceivers (TRX1/TRX2/ EXT1/EXT2)
• Up to two external devices (EXT1/EXT2; Shares the same ports with analog transceivers)
• One FXS analog phone station (PHONE) System Capabilities
• Up to 12 IP phone numbers
• Up to four IP phone stations
• Up to four digital transceivers (IDAS™ NXDN™ multi-site conventional/multi-site trunking system)
• Up to four remote communicator stations (RC-FS10) IDAS™ NXDN™ Connection
An IDAS™ radio user can dial to telephone numbers and connect to radio users from a PSTN line/IP phone line. IDAS™ individual calling and group calling can be made from other stations. The CT-24 digital voice converter converts analog audio and G.711ì IP phone codec (via analog audio) to the AMBE+2™ codec for the IDAS™ system. Analogue Radio Connection
An analogue radio* user can make a call using DTMF code. In the analog radio system, all radio users will be called from other stations.
* Limited to radios with DTMF encoder/decoder capability. Remote Communicator Software (RC-FS10)
The optional RC-FS10 remote communicator software can be used with an analogue radio system as well as the IDAS™ NXDN™ system.
* For analog radio system communication, the RC-FS10 must be used with the VE-PG3. External Equipment Connectors
The VE-PG3 has two external equipment connectors for audio input/output, and other switching. Public address system, siren, red light, and other external equipment can be connected to the VE-PG3. The virtual serial port software allows you to control an external device via RS-232C interface. Other features (Common To Bridge & Converter Mode)
• Web-based configuration
• IP router function: PPPoE/IPv6 bridge, NAT, Dynamic DNS, VPN pass through, IP fi lter, SNMP and SYSLOG USB flash drive connection for firmware update and data backup and restore
- Radio to radio system bridge mode connection
- Converter mode interconnects calls between IP Phone, analog phone and radio
- Radio users can make a call to a PSTN line or an IP phone number
- Radio/IP phone to external equipment connection
AC Adapter (120V/230V & UK 3-pin version available)
The CT-24 is a USB connection device which converts a microphone audio to an IDAS compatible digital signal.
5m audio connection cable for the IC-FR5100 series. D-SUB 25-pin connector
5m audio connection cable for the IC-A110E, IC-A120E and IC-F5062 series. RJ-45 modular plug connector with speaker plug.
5m audio connection cable for the HM-152 or SM-26. Modular jack connector with speaker jack.
The RC-FS10 is an IDAS conventional IP network upgrade and remote communicator. The IDAS conventional IP network links up to 16 IDAS conventional repeaters via an IP network and can extend an organisations communication range to virtually anywhere. The RC-FS10 remote communicator package creates an IP-based virtual radio and works like a simple dispatcher. The IDAS IC-F3162 and IC-F5062 series of radios (with UT-126H IDAS digital unit installed), can be used in the IDAS conventional IP network without hardware or firmware modification.
VPN Router for VE-PG3 multi-cast system