ID-51E D-STAR VHF / UHF Dual Band Transceiver (Discontinued) Evolving from Icom's popular ID-31E D-STAR portable, the ID-51E Dual Band D-STAR handportable possesses new features including dualwatch, 500 extra memory channels (for a total of 1,752 channels), automatic position reply (DV), repeater search functions and AM/FM Receivers. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then visit the ID-52E D-STAR Digital Handheld Product Page.Compact dual bander
The 26.4mm slim body contains 5W output, VHF/UHF dual bands, a rich D-STAR and integrated GPS receiver feature set. Lightweight & Compact Body
The ID-51E has a compact 58×105.4×26.4 mm body, and weighs only 255g (approx.) with battery pack and antenna. In this slim body, the ID-51E contains 5W output power, VHF/UHF dual band, D-STAR and integrated GPS receiver feature set. V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch
The ID-51E receives two bands simultaneously including two frequencies in the same band*.
* The ID-51E cannot receive two bands simultaneously in the following combinations: DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-N/FM-N and DV/FM-N modes, D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The ID-51E is compatible with the JARL D-STAR format. The D-STAR DV mode has lots of advantages over analogue FM mode: digitally modulated clear voice, quiet stand-by, individual calling using a call sign and access to the world wide repeater network linked with the Internet. DR (D-STAR Repeater) Mode Operation
The DR (D-STAR repeater) mode operation connects D-STAR users more effortlessly. In this mode, you can select the pre-programmed repeater in FROM item and desired call sign in TO item. Just two simple steps needed. Automatic Repeater List-up Function
Using the GPS position information, the automatic repeater list-up function shows the list of nearby D-STAR repeaters from the memory* and helps you to access the nearby D-STAR repeater.
* To use the automatic repeater list-up function, the position data of the repeater is required. The ID-51E will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories pre-programmed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be available. Integrated GPS Receiver
The integrated GPS receiver provides fast start-up time and accurate position. Your current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS-A mode assists in easy D-PRS mode operation. Automatic Reply Function (DV mode)
When receiving a call addressed to your call sign, the ID-51E can automatically reply your current position information. Between ID-51E's communications, replied position information can pop up on the callers display. The automatic reply message is selectable from call sign, voice message and position information. GPS Log function
The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals (1 second–60 seconds, depending on the setting) and memorizes this in the microSD card to export to your PC. The GPS logger only mode turns on the GPS logger function with the radio in sleep mode. Full Dot-matrix Display and Menu-Driven Interface
Double the bands mean double the display to display to read them. The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters increases the amount of information available to you. Independent AM/FM Receiver
FM and AM broadcast stations can be listened to, while using the dualwatch function for monitoring ham bands. When a ham band signal is received, the broadcast station is automatically muted. An earphone cord can be used for an FM broadcast antenna. IPX7 Submersible Construction
The ID-51E has superior IPX7 waterproof protection (1m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, when hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports. Voice Memory Function
The QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation. microSD Card Slot
When used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), the microSD card can store various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data. Memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other personal settings can be saved to the microSD card and can be loaded to the ID-51E transceiver. Total 1304 Memory Channels
The ID-51E has a total 1304 memory channels (including 500 regular channels, 700 D-STAR repeater (DR) memories, 100 scan edges and 4 call channels) with 26 memory banks. All memory channels, program scan edges and memory banks can be named with 8-character channel comments. 5W Output Power
Using a highly-efficient PA amplifier, the ID-51E generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body. The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours* of operating time. When you don't need full power operation, you can reduce output power to 2.5/1.0/0.5/0.1W for saving battery consumption.
* Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON.) Multiple Scan Functions
The ID-51E supports various scan types for maximum reception and ease of use. • Full scan • Programmed scan • Duplex scan • Memory scan • Mode memory scan • All bank scan • Selected bank scan • Tone scan • Bank link scan (DMS) • Program scan link • Skip scan • Temporary skip CS-51 Cloning Software Supplied with ID-51E
The CS-51 cloning software* is supplied with the ID-51E (supplied with the application CD). Used with this software, various settings including the memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other settings can be made from a PC. The latest version of the CS-51 will be available from the Icom Inc. web site.
* Either optional OPC-2218LU USB cloning cable or a microSD card is required for transferring the data. External DC Power Jack
An external DC power jack allows rapid charging to the connected battery pack. When used with an external DC power supply, the BP-271 can be charged in 3 hours (approx.). Other digital features
• One touch reply function
• Digital squelch functions: digital code squelch and digital call sign squelch Other features
• Analogue FM mode with CTCSS/DTCS code squelch
• 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
• Auto power save
• Auto power off
• Clock function
• Priority watch
• Key lock function
• CI-V level converter for remote radio control
• Squelch release function to monitor a weak signal.
• SPEECH function announces received call sign and operating frequency and mode
• LCD and keypad backlighting To download the most up to date cloning/programming files of Icom D-STAR radios and data files of UK D-STAR repeaters and reflectors visit: http://downloads.d-staruk.co.uk/a>.
- Compact Dual Bander, receives two bands simultaneously.
- D-STAR DV Mode Operation
- Integrated GPS, provides position reporting and GPS logger function.
- Menu Driven User Interface
- AM/FM Broadcast Receiver
- IPX7 Submersible Construction
- Voice Memory (QSO recorder and voice recorder)
- MicroSD Card Slot
- Total 1304 Memory Channels includes 500 regular, 700 D-STAR repeater memories, 100 scan edges and 4 call channels.
- Rapid Charging from DC Power Jack
Antenna connector adapter. Converts from a SMA to a BNC.
UK 12v 1Amp charger.
Rapid desktop charger. Charges the BP-271 in 2 hours (approx.) inc. BC-06 AC adapter.
Li-Ion battery pack. 7.4V/1150mAh (min.), 1200mAh (typ). Operating time: 4.5 hours in FM and DV mode (Typical operation in 1:1:8 duty cycle). Same as supplied.
Li-ion battery pack 7.4V/1880mAh (min.), 2000mAh (typ.) Li-ion battery. Operating 8 hours in FM mode and 7.5 hours in DV mode. (Typical operation in 1:1:8 duty cycle)
Battery case (LR6 (AA) × 3)
The BP-307 is a high capacity 7.2V / 3350mAh (typ.) Li-Ion battery pack.
Cigarette lighter cable with noise filter (Right Angle Plug)
Cigarette lighter cable (DC-DC converter is built-in)
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
Durable type earphone microphone with slim L-type connector
Light type earphone microphone with slim L-type connector
The HM-183LS is a waterproof speaker microphone for selected Icom IP, LTE and D-STAR handsets.
Compact type speaker microphone with slim L-type connector.
Remote control speaker microphone with slim L-type connector.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Carrying case for the Icom ID-51E.
Alligator Style Belt Clip for use with the Icom ID-31E & ID-51E D-STAR handportables
Plug adapter cable. OPC-2006LS is required when using the HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97
Slim L-type plug adapter cable (Regular 2-pin connectors to slim L-type 2-pin connectors)
Cloning Cable (USB type)
The OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable.
DC Power lead with fuse
The RS-MS1A (for Android™ devices) allows your Android device to wirelessly connect to a D-STAR transceiver and remotely set DR functions, link with a map app and send/receive messages in DV mode.
Silicon jacket case. Protect the transceiver from accidental drops.
Compatible with a wide range of Amateur and PMR handhelds.
- Enhance Your D-STAR Experience With iOS/Android Apps! - 17/09/2021
- USB driver (Version 1.1) for OPC-2350LU for use with ID-51E Series - 10/08/2016
- OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable, Compatible with RS-MS1A Android software! - 07/10/2014
- Special Editions of the ID-51E to Mark Icom’s 50th Anniversary - 17/07/2014
- Come and visit Icom UK at National Hamfest Exhibition 2013 - 30/08/2013
- ID-51E D-STAR Dual Band Portable Radio with Built-in GPS, Available Now! - 13/02/2013
- Update on the Availability of the IC-7100 and ID-51E Transceivers - 20/11/2012
- Come and visit Icom UK at National Hamfest Exhibition - 12/09/2012
- Icom UK at the RSGB Amateur Radio Convention 2012 - 12/09/2012