This page summarises ICOM UK's terms and conditions of warranty. Icom products are made from the very best materials and built to the highest manufacturing standards. They are extensively tested and inspected before leaving the factory. Icom products are guaranteed for the number of years illustrated in the table below. This period is from the date of purchase and provides for manufacturing, mechanical and material defects.This ‘Manufacturers’ Warranty does not replace or remove the seller’s obligations and duties due to the consumer as laid out under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and The Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994.
|Type of Product||Warranty Period|
|All PMR Transceivers & Satellite PTT Transceiver||2 Years|
|All Amateur/Ham Radio Transceivers||2 Years|
|All Marine Transceivers*||1 Year|
|All Airband Transceivers||1 Year|
|All receivers||2 Years|
|IC-F29SR2, IC-F29DR2||2 Years|
|All accesories||1 Year|
1. The equipment has been improperly installed or used in a manner contrary to the supplied operating instructions.
2. The equipment has been treated in an abnormal or abusive manner.
3. Any repair work has been carried out by any person or organisation other than an ICOM approved engineer or service centre.
4. Any part has been fitted which is not a genuine ICOM approved part.
5. The equipment has been modified in any way or the serial number has been removed or altered.
6. The equipment has been subjected to over-voltage.
7. Damage caused to the equipment by contact with or proximity to any toxic or corrosive product.
8. The equipment has been used in a manner, location or system contrary to that for which it was designed.
9. Any part or the equipment that shall have been subject to abuse, misuse, negligence, accident or natural disaster, including but not limited to lightning, storm, acts neither foreseen nor controlled and commonly defined as force majeure.
1. Without prejudice to the rights of the buyer, no liability is accepted for any consequential loss or damage resulting from failure for any reason whatsoever.
2. Acceptance of this warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
3. This warranty is applicable to equipment in use only in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland, and supplied by ICOM UK Ltd to its authorised dealers and distributors.
4. Commercial customers returning products to Icom UK Ltd for consideration as warranty claims do so at their own cost. Icom UK Ltd will return products free of charge to an address in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Northern Ireland. Note : Accessories, including those supplied with a transceiver i.e. battery, antenna etc. carry a one year warranty regardless of additional warranty periods listed above.