Icom IC-7850/IC-7851 Firmware Update (Version 1.40)
Icom has released a firmware update for the IC-7850/IC-7851 HF Amateur Radio transceivers. Also released is a related update to the RS-BA1 version 2 software (version 2.40). Changes from the previous version include:
• Spectrum scope has been improved.
• Scroll mode that seamlessly changes the displayed scope range, depending on the operating frequency, has been added.
• A popup screen that displays when SPAN or EDGE is selected has been added.
• The number of FIX EDGE memories has been expanded to four.
• The Reference level is independently memorised for each band.
• The Reference level of the Centre mode scope screen while transmitting is fixed at a set level independent of the user’s selection.
• The Scope function of the RS-BA1 has been improved. Other improvements include:
• The transceiver’s settings have been retained after updating the firmware (not when reverting to an older version).
• While operating in Data mode, the Receive Tone Control is deactivated.
• The default setting of the CI-V USB Port is changed to “Unlink from [REMOTE].” You can download this firmware by following this link: IC-7850/IC-7851 Firmware Update (Version 1.40). More detailed information about the Firmware update can be downloaded here: IC-7850/IC-7851 Version 1.40 Firmware information. RS-BA1 Version 2 Control software (Version 2.40)
This software update can be downloaded by following this link: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control software (Version 2.40). The update supports the improved Scope function in the IC-7610 with firmware version 1.30 and IC-7850/IC-7851 with firmware version 1.40 Please note to follow the instructions carefully when performing these updates. Icom UK Sales - email@example.com