IC-A25CE 8.33kHz/25kHz VHF COM Airband Radio The IC-A25CE 8.33kHz/25kHz VHF Airband transceiver is the latest radio from Icom. It’s a cut-down version of its Big Brother, IC-A25NE, providing just COMMS and no NAV. It has 6 watts of output power, a stylish modern design, easy-to-use interface and large 2.3-inch LCD all combined to provide stress-free, simple in-flight operation. The 8.33kHz/25kHz handportable is ideal for customers who want a no-nonsense easy to use radio. 2.3-inch Large High Visibility LCD
The large, high contrast, highly visible LCD provides good readability, even under direct sunlight. The operating frequency is displayed in large characters so that it can be recognised at a glance. In addition, the night mode option allows for easy viewing in low light conditions. Easy-to-use Interface
Often used functions are assigned to the ten-key pad and you can directly access the desired function. The enlarged flat sheet keypad offers smooth and swift operation. 6 Watts High RF Output Power
For expanded communication coverage, output power has been increased to approximately 6 W typical (PEP) 1.8 W (carrier) compared to the IC-A24E (5/1.5 W (PEP/carrier)). “Flip-Flop” Channel Recall
The IC-A25CE stores the last ten channels used. You can easily recall those channels by using the directional keys, the channel knob or the keypad. This is convenient for switching between several channels. You can also freely edit (replace, delete, and change order) the stored recall channels. Intelligent Battery
The supplied BP-288, 2350 mAh typical intelligent battery pack, provides up to 10.5 hours* of operating time. You can check the condition of the battery pack in the battery status screen. This is very useful for optimum charging and battery health maintenance.
* Typical operation with Tx : Rx (Max.audio): standby=5:5:90. (Bluetooth® OFF, GPS ON) Other Features
• 8.33/25 kHz channel spacing
• IP57 waterproof construction
• BNC Antenna connection
• 121.5 MHz emergency key
• Priority watch
• VFO scan, memory-channel scan, priority scan
• ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
• Side tone function allows you to hear your voice via an external aviation headset
• Internal VOX capability
• 300 memory channels (in 15 memory groups) with 12-character names Two Versions are available for both IC-A25CE and IC-A25NE
A ‘Sport’ pack is available combining the IC-A25CE or IC-A25NE transceiver with BP-289 AA Battery Case, CP-20 cigarette lighter cable with DC-DC converter, MB-133 belt clip, FA-B02AR antenna and hand strap. A ‘Pro’ pack is available combining the IC-A25CE or IC-A25NE transceiver with BP-288 Li-Ion battery pack, OPC-2379 headset adapter cable, BC-224 rapid desktop charger, BC-06 AC adapter, CP-20 cigarette lighter cable with DC-DC converter, MB-133 belt clip, FA-B02AR antenna and hand strap. To download the latest LA3 Radio Approval certificate in pdf format, click here.
- 2.3-inch Large High Visibility LCD
- Easy-to-use Interface
- 8.33/25 kHz channel spacing
- 1.8 / 6 Watts Selectable High RF Output Power
- “Flip-Flop” Channel Recall
- Intelligent Battery
- IP57 waterproof construction
UK 12v 1Amp charger.
Rapid Charger. Charges the BP-288 in approximately 3 hours.
Li-ion battery Pack. 7.2 V 2200 mAh (min.) 2350 mAh (typ.). IP57 protection.
Battery case 6 × AA (LR6). IP54 protection.(std)
Black Nylon Shoulder Strap 2 Clips. For use with CASE.064, CASE.065 and CASE.067
Soft leather case for IC-A25CE/NE
Cigarette Lighter Cable with DC-DC converter.
Standard antenna for IC-A24/A6
Waterproof Speaker microphone for IC-A25CE and IC-A25NE
Alligator style belt clip
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Fixed long leather belt hanger
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
The Icom OPC-2379 headset adapter cable allows you to use ICOM IC-A25NE & IC-A25CE transceivers with conventional GA headset.
Virgil Parker, Avionic and Marine Product Specialist runs through the differences between the COM and COM/NAV variants of the Icom IC-A25 8.33/25kHz Airband handheld transceiver.
- New Case Study: Icom, the Radio Choice for the Growing Sport of Cloudhopping - 26/05/2020
- New Videos Focusing on the Icom IC-A25 Airband Handheld Series - 07/04/2020
- Overview of Icom's 8.33/25kHz Airband Radio Range - 28/03/2020
- Commercial Headset/Radio Solution for Icom Aviation Radios - 18/06/2019
- Icom 8.33kHz Airband Products on display at Sywell Rally - 17/05/2019
- Icom To Showcase Latest Aviation Communication Solutions At Passenger Terminal Expo 2019 (Stand 5160) - 01/03/2019
- Changes to Icom UK’s 8.33 kHz Airband Handheld Radio Range - 02/11/2018
- 8.33KHz Aviation Handheld Radios Approved for Operators of EASA Balloons, Dirigibles/Non-rigid Airships and Gliders - 26/11/2015