IC-F52D/F62D Digital Two Way Radio Series Expanding Icom’s new range of IDAS digital two-way radios is the IC-F52D series, a compact, waterproof radio with advanced features. The IC-F52D series is exceptionally compact and smaller in size than Icom’s hugely popular IC-F51/IC-F51V analogue two way radio series. It is also waterproof and dustproof and ideal for the outdoor environment of a construction site or a season of hire. General Features
• 136–174, 400–470 MHz versions
• 512 Channels / 128 Zones
• 14 dot-matrix character display with status icons
• Improved user interface
• Programmable functions
• Backlit LCD and buttons
• 20-position rotary selector and ON/OFF volume knob
• 800 mW loud and intelligible internal speaker audio
• MIL-STD-810 G shock, vibration, temperature and more
• IP67/66/55/54 waterproof & dust-tight protection
• 29 mm (1.1 inches) slim dimensions (with BP-290 battery pack)
• Battery conditioning intelligence function
• Licence key upgrade (trunking) Operating Mode
• Analogue mode
• Analogue/digital mixed operation
• NXDN or dPMR mode 1/2 conventional
• NXDN or dPMR multi-site conventional over IP network
• NXDN Type-D single/multi-site trunking (Licence key (ISL-UGMTR) required)
• dPMR Mode 3 trunking (Licence key (ISL-UGMD3) required)
• 12.5 kHz digital mode (NXDN conventional) Digital Functions (Voice and Data)
• AMBE+2™ vocoder
• Over-the-Air-Programming (OTAP) function (Optional OTAP manager (CS-OTPM1) required)
• Over-the-Air Alias (OAA) sends own name with a call
• Over-the-Air Update (OTAU) changes repeater channel data and site code over the air (NXDN Type-D trunking)
• Individual, group and all call
• Late entry for group call
• Status call and polling
• Short data messages
• Call alert (NXDN)
• GPS position data (Optional HM-233GP required)
• Transparent data mode Analogue Functions
• CTCSS and DTCS tone
• MDC functions (Depending on version)
• BIIS 1200 (MSK)
• LTR trunking (Depending on version)
• DTMF autodial Security and Safety
• Digital voice scrambler (Low-level encryption)
• Analogue voice scrambler (Inversion)
• Power ON password
• Tactical group temporarily reconfigures user talk-groups
• Radio stun/revive/kill
• Remote monitor (NXDN)/ambience listening (dPMR)
• Emergency key for emergency call
• Man down function
• Lone worker function
• Motion/stationary detection Scan Functions
• Priority scan
• Voting scan for site roaming Voice/Audio Functions
• Voice announcement (Channel number and zone)
• VOX function for hands-free operation (Headset required)
• Voice recording/playback (Up to 8 minutes)
• TX/RX active noise canceller
• TX/RX audio equaliser
• Audio compander (Analogue mode) Hardware Features
• Programmable vibration alert
• Built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio and data
• Variety of optional audio accessories including speaker-microphones, headsets and earphones
• Optional HM-233GP GPS speaker-microphone
• 14-pin accessory connector
• Wireless radio programming over Bluetooth
- Small, light and feature packed
- Multiple operating modes including analogue FM, NXDN/dPMR conventional, upgradable to NXDN Type-D trunking and upgradable to dPMR Mode 3 trunking
- Built-in Bluetooth, voice recording, active noise cancelling functions
- Full dot-matrix display, rotary channel and volume knob for simple every-day operation
- Motion/stationary detection, man down and lone worker functions
- OTAP (Over-the-Air Programming) function quickly reconfigures radios in-the-field (Requires CS-OTPM1 Manager Software)
- Intelligent battery management helps to extend the battery life (optional BC-225 charger required)
- GPS position data (Optional HM-233GP required)
Allows you to use third party accessories with 6-pin Hirose plug.
3.5 mm earphone jack adapter for use with any of SP-27, SP-29 or SP-40 earphone.
6 way charger. Charges up to six BP-279 battery packs in 2.5 hours (approx.)
Charges the BP-290 in 2.5 hours. Requires BC-06 AC adapter.
Shows the charging information with the LED lighting. Charges the BP-290 in 2.5 hours (approx.).
Connectable type charger (connects up to six BC-226 units).
The BC-227 is a single rapid charger for use with the IC-F52D.
Rechargeable Li-ion battery with intelligent reporting. IP67 protection.
LR6 (AA) × 5 battery case. IP54 protection.
Li-Ion, 7.2V 3150mAh IP67 battery pack (operating time 13 hours (approx).)
Earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Antenna (160–174 MHz)
Stubby antenna (150–162 MHz)
UHF Antenna (430-470 MHz)
Stubby antenna 160 -174MHz
Stubby antenna 450 -470MHz
Tie-clip microphone with 2.5 mm earphone jack.
The HM-222 is a waterproof remote speaker microphone.
GPS speaker microphone. Required for GPS position data. IP67 protection.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Hands-free operation. Requires VS-1/1L/1SL VOX unit for use.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Soft carrying case with D rings
The LC-188 is a hard carry case for use with the Icom IC-F52D series of radios.
Leather case for IC-F52D series (with BP-294 in use)
Leather Belt Hanger. Swivel Type
Swivel type belt hangar for use with BP-208N, BP-209N, BP-210N, BP-211N, BP-222N battery packs.
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Fixed long leather belt hanger
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Alligator belt clip.
DC lead for battery chargers
DC Power Cable (for use with BC-121)
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
Tube earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
The SP-27 features a clear acoustic tube that is designed to be hidden behind the ear making it hard to see. This makes it an ideal earphone for security, hotels, restaurants, retail and airports.
Earhook type earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Earhook type earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Tube earphone adapter for use with EH-15B.
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
Introducing the latest addition to the Icom IDAS digital two-way radio range. The IC-F52D/F62D series is a compact, waterproof radio with advanced features including built-in Bluetooth, voice recording and active noise cancelling functions. Matt Richards (Commercial Sales Executive) introduces this new series and its features in this short video. Stubby antenna is an option when ordering model.
- Icom LTE and Satellite Radio Solutions on Show at FCS Business Radio 2019 - 06/10/2019
- Check out Icom’s New Innovative BC-226 Multi Charger - 12/04/2018
- New Radio Accessories for the IC-F52D/F62D Digital Two Way Radio Series - 12/04/2018
- View Three New IDAS Two Way Business Radio Videos on our YouTube Channel - 12/12/2017
- IC-F52D/F62D Digital Two Way Radio Series. Compact, Waterproof & Advanced Features! - 29/11/2017
- New Knowledge Base Article: Introducing Icom’s next generation IDAS Two Way Business Radios! - 26/10/2017
- FDMA vs. TDMA Digital Two Way Radio Technology. Download Icom’s Whitepaper - 13/09/2017