IC-M506GE (Transponder Version)
IC-M506GE VHF/DSC Marine Radio with Class B AIS Transponder With the introduction of the CB2000 class B AIS transponder unit, the IC-M506GE becomes an important piece of safety equipment, able to transmit and display real-time AIS vessel traffic information. Class B AIS Transponder
The new solution aids collision avoidance by helping you track and contact anyone in your area. Whether you are keeping in touch with other vessels in the area or tracking a similar course, you will be able to share information between vessels, leading to improved safety. The transponder version of the IC-M506GE gives you peace of mind by knowing that the other vessels around can see you and you can see them! NMEA Connectivity
A typical installation will connect to your chart plotter using the NMEA2000™ protocol for AIS data transfer. This allows you to overlay received AIS data onto your chart plotter from your radio. NMEA 0183 is used to interface GPS position data and received DSC information with your chart plotter. The IC-M506GE can also share GPS (position, course (COG) and speed (SOG)), AIS report and DSC call information data and transmit radio frequency and PGN lists data over the NMEA2000 network. Last Call Voice Recording
The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last two minutes of incoming calls. You can replay the received calls, and not miss any incoming messages. Active Noise Cancelling
Using digital signal processing technology, the built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling provides superb performance. It can reduce background noise by up to 90% in the received signal and 30% in the transmitting signal. The function OFF (no digital processing of audio) is also possible. Intuitive Menu-Driven User Interface
The intuitive software key functions provide easy and fast operation to control the multiple functions of the IC-M506GE. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons. 25W Two-Way Hailer
When connected to an external hailer horn, you can talk to people on the deck or shore from the radio’s microphone and can hear people’s reply via the hailer speaker. The RX hailer function allows you to monitor the received audio from the hailer horn. 25W amplifier increases your talk power making your communication loud and clear. Built-in Horn (Automatic & Manual)
A foghorn feature is built-in via the external hailer horn. Four horn patterns are selectable for the automatic horn function. ITU Class D DSC (Meets ITU-R M493-13)
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request report, polling request and DSC test calls. Up to 100 DSC address IDs can be programmed. Rear Microphone Version*
With this version, the microphone connector is drawn from the rear panel and a 6.1m (20ft) microphone extension cable is supplied to allow you clean and neat panel installation.
* Ask your dealer for details. IPX8 Advanced Waterproof
The IC-M506GE and supplied HM-205B/RB microphone can withstand 1m (3.2ft) depth of water for 60 minutes. Other Features
• Simple remote control speaker-microphone, HM-205B/RB
• 15W audio output power (with external speaker)
• AquaQuake™ draining function
• Optional voice scrambler, UT-112 for private conversation Optional COMMANDMIC™ for 2nd Station Capability Full Control & Intercom
The optional COMMANDMIC, HM-195B/ SW provides 2nd station capability for using the IC-M506GE from up to 18.3m (60ft)* away such as a separate cabin or tower. Most functions including DSC and AIS functions can be controlled from the COMMANDMIC and can be used as an intercom with the IC-M506GE. One COMMANDMIC can be used.
* Two optional OPC-1541 extension cables required. IPX7 Waterproof Construction
The HM-195B/SW withstands submersion in up to 1m depth of water for 30 minutes. Same Menu-Driven User Interface with IC-M506GE
The HM-195B/SW provides same user interface with the IC-M506GE. The directional keypad and soft key buttons allow you to perform various operations and settings. The audio and backlight levels can be set independently from the IC-M506GE. Other Features
• External speaker connection
• Remote power ON/OFF function
• Black and super white colour version
• This product comes complete with a simple plastic flush mount kit. Stainless steel flush mount kits are available as an option.
- 2 Minutes Last Call Voice Recording
- Superb Active Noise Cancelling
- IPX8 Advanced Waterproofing (1m depth water for 60 minutes)
- New Intuitive User Interface
- Large Dot-Matrix Display (132 × 96 pixels)
- Optional COMMANDMIC™ HM-195B/SW for 2nd Station/Intercom
- Built-in Class D DSC (Meets ITU-R M493-13)
- 25W Two-Way Hailer and Horn
- Integrated AIS Receiver
- NMEA 2000™ Connectivity
Introducing the advanced CB2000 AIS transponder unit which transforms the ICOM IC-M506GE/EURO and IC-M605EURO to VHF/DSC radios complete with Class B AIS transponders. The CB2000 also provides a simple solution for those customers who already own an IC-M506GE/EURO or IC-M605EURO and wish to upgrade their radios with the purchase of this Class B AIS transponder.
GPS Active Antenna
- HM-195B Command Mic IV
The optional HM-195 COMMANDMIC allows you to use the IC-M423/G, IC-M506 & IC-M400BB from a separate cabin or tower and can be positioned up to 18.3m (60ft) away from the radio.
Flush mount kit
Marine Flush Mount Kit
Extension cable for HM-162B/SW/E (6m/20ft)
The UT-112 Voice Scrambler allows private VHF communication when using the Icom IC-M506GE and IC-M605EURO.
- Knowledge Base Article: What Is AIS & How Does It Work? - 26/01/2021
- An Overview of Icom’s AIS range - 28/12/2020
- Changes to Icom UK’s Range of Marine fixed VHF/DSC Radios - 07/05/2019
- View Three New Marine Videos on our YouTube Channel - 30/09/2018
- See the latest Icom Marine Radio Products, and Great Show Offers at this year’s Southampton Boatshow - 15/08/2018
- CB2000, Transforms Your Icom Radio into a Class B AIS Transponder - 22/11/2017