IC-A25NE 8.33kHz/25kHz VHF COM/NAV Airband Radio The IC-A25NE is the latest development in airband radio technology featuring built-in Bluetooth, GPS and significant VOR navigation functions. Featuring 6 watts of output power, this stylish modern design, easy-to-use interface and large 2.3-inch LCD combine to provide stress-free programming and easy in-flight operation. The handheld includes a large 2350mAh Li-ion battery, providing longer operating time. 6 Watts High RF Output Power
For expanded communication coverage, output power has been increased to approximately 6 W typical (PEP) 1.8 W (carrier) compared to the IC-A24E (5/1.5 W (PEP/carrier)). Easy-To-Use Interface
Often used functions are assigned to the ten-key pad and you can directly access the desired function. The enlarged flat sheet keypad offers smooth and swift operation. 2.3-inch Large High Visibility LCD
The large, high contrast and highly visible LCD display user-friendly, graphic screens and ensures good readability under sunlight. The operating frequency in large characters can be recognized at a glance. Also, the night mode option allows for easy viewing in low light conditions. “Flip-Flop” Channel Recall
The IC-A25NE stores the last ten channels used. You can easily recall those channels by using the directional keys or the channel knob or the keypad. This is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels. You can also freely edit (replace, delete, and change order) the stored recall channels. Built-in Bluetooth for Hands-Free Operation
Hands free operation can be achieved when paired with a compatible third-party wireless Bluetooth headset. When using the optional VS-3 Bluetooth headset, the sidetone function can be used. Intelligent Battery with Detailed Battery Information
The supplied BP-288, 2350 mAh typical intelligent battery pack, provides up to 10.5 hours* of operating time. You can check the condition of the battery pack in the battery status screen. This is very useful for optimum charging and battery health maintenance. Other Features
• 8.33 kHz channel spacing
• IP57 dust-protection and waterproof construction
• Operate with six AA-size alkaline batteries with the BP-289 battery case
• BNC Antenna connection
• 121.5 MHz emergency key
• Priority watch
• VFO scan, memory-channel scan, priority scan
• ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
• Side tone function allows you to hear your voice via an external aviation headset
• Internal VOX capability
• 300 memory channels (in 15 memory groups) with 12 character names NAVIGATION FUNCTIONS VOR Navigation Functions
The CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) is detailed like a real VOR instrument; showing any deviation from your course.
The OBS (Omni Bearing Selector) allows you to change course from the original flight plan.
The TO-FROM indicator shows the position relationship between your aircraft and the course selected by the OBS.
The ABSS (Automatic Bearing Set System) function enables you to set the current course or a new course in two simple steps. Near Station Search Function
The near station search function assists you in accessing nearby ground stations. The function searches for nearby stations using the station memories with the GPS position information. To use the near station search function, location data and frequencies of the ground station must be programmed. Built-in GPS with Simplified Waypoint NAV
The simplified waypoint NAV guides you to a destination by using current position information from GPS (also GLONASS and SBAS). The waypoint NAV has two functions: Direct-To NAV and Flight Plan NAV. Up to 10 Flight Plans and 300 waypoints can be memorised in the IC-A25NE. Flight Plan with Android/iOS App
Using RS-AERO1A (Android app) or RS-AERO1I (iOS app), you can make a flight plan on an Android/iOS device and import the plan to the IC-A25NE via Bluetooth. The following four functions are available: 1. Create a flight plan
You can make flight plans on an Android/iOS device by using preprogrammed waypoints in the IC-A25NE.
2. Set Direct-To NAV
You can pick up a point on the map and export it to the IC-A25NE for Direct-To NAV.
3. Display flight plan information
A flight plan in the IC-A25NE can be displayed on an Android/iOS device.
4. Display waypoint information
Preprogrammed waypoints in the IC-A25NE can be exported to an Android/iOS device and plotted on the map application. Two Versions are available for both IC-A25CE and IC-A25NE
A ‘Sport’ pack is available combining the IC-A25CE or IC-A25NE transceiver with BP-289 AA Battery Case, CP-20 cigarette lighter cable with DC-DC converter, MB-133 belt clip, FA-B02AR antenna and hand strap. A ‘Pro’ pack is available combining the IC-A25CE or IC-A25NE transceiver with BP-288 Li-Ion battery pack, OPC-2379 headset adapter cable, BC-224 rapid desktop charger, BC-06 AC adapter, CP-20 cigarette lighter cable with DC-DC converter, MB-133 belt clip, FA-B02AR antenna and hand strap. To download the latest LA3 Radio Approval certificate in pdf format, click here.
- 6 Watts High RF Output Power
- 2.3-inch Large High Visibility LCD
- Easy-to-use Interface
- Built-in Bluetooth for Hands-Free Operation
- Intelligent Battery with Detailed Battery Information
- VOR Navigation Functions
- Near Station Search Function
- Built-in GPS with Simplified Waypoint NAV
- Flight Plan with Android/iOS App
- 8.33 kHz channel spacing
- IP57 dust-protection and waterproof construction
UK 12v 1Amp charger.
Rapid Charger. Charges the BP-288 in approximately 3 hours.
Li-ion battery Pack. 7.2 V 2200 mAh (min.) 2350 mAh (typ.). IP57 protection.
Battery case 6 × AA (LR6). IP54 protection.(std)
Black Nylon Shoulder Strap 2 Clips. For use with CASE.064, CASE.065 and CASE.067
Soft leather case for IC-A25CE/NE
Cigarette Lighter Cable with DC-DC converter.
Standard Icom airband antenna.
Waterproof Speaker microphone for IC-A25CE and IC-A25NE
Alligator style belt clip
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Fixed long leather belt hanger
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
The Icom OPC-2379 headset adapter cable allows you to use ICOM IC-A25NE & IC-A25CE transceivers with conventional GA headset.
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
Android application software for flight planning.
The RS-AERO1A (for iOS™ devices) is an application for viewing and editing waypoints and flight plans used in the navigation function of the IC-A25NE.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
Virgil Parker, Avionic and Marine Product Specialist gives an overview of the ICOM IC-A25 family of Airband handheld transceivers. In addition, he demonstrates how to: • Change Frequency
• Storing and saving frequencies into memory
• Accessing Battery Status
• Storing and saving frequencies into memory
• Accessing Battery Status
- Overview of Icom's 8.33/25kHz Airband Radio Range - 03/02/2022
- New Videos Focusing on the Icom IC-A25 Airband Handheld Series - 07/04/2020
- Commercial Headset/Radio Solution for Icom Aviation Radios - 18/06/2019
- Icom 8.33kHz Airband Products on display at Sywell Rally - 17/05/2019
- Icom To Showcase Latest Aviation Communication Solutions At Passenger Terminal Expo 2019 (Stand 5160) - 01/03/2019
- Changes to Icom UK’s 8.33 kHz Airband Handheld Radio Range - 02/11/2018
- Icom’s 8.33kHz Airband Product Range on Show at Aeroexpo 2018 - 02/06/2018
- Introducing Icom’s IC-A25NE Next Generation Airband Radio - 14/03/2018
- 8.33kHz Airband Channel Spacing Changes. Where are we now? - 29/01/2018
- 8.33KHz Aviation Handheld Radios Approved for Operators of EASA Balloons, Dirigibles/Non-rigid Airships and Gliders - 26/11/2015