New! IC-E80D & ID-E880 Dualband D-STAR Transceivers
Icom is pleased to announce the introduction of two, new exciting dualband D-STAR transceivers…the IC-E80D and ID-E880. Both these radios have been designed with ease of use in mind with large LCD displays and straightforward controls. As such, they are the ideal starter radios for any amateur or D-STAR operators alike. Both models include a new user interface called 'D-STAR repeater mode' (DR mode) which allows the user to access a D-Star repeater in just two steps! Another move for this range is that the CS-80/880 configuration software1 is free to download from the Icom website. This means a range of settings including memory data can be configured all from your PC. Both radios share the same set-up procedure so you can share memory data with each other via the cloning software. IC-E80D
The IC-E80D has a new HM-189GPS GPS microphone which expands the potential for position reporting applications. When connected, the IC-E80D can show position data and even the direction to another suitable equipped D-Star station on screen. The radio is rugged, splash and water jet resistant (IPX-4) making it ideal for outdoor operation. The IC-E80D has 5W RF output power on both VHF/UHF bands and a wideband receiver range covering 495kHz-999.990MHz. Not only is this a D-Star radio but also retains with the ID-E880 compatibility with all normal FM analogue channels. ID-E880
The compact, ID-E880 has a large, easy-to-see LCD display. The controller is detachable from the main unit and the magnet-mounting feature allows for flexible installation. The radio also provides a powerful 50W of output power in VHF and UHF, high speed scanning and the latest in noise filter technology. Main Features of the IC-E80D and ID-E880
- D-STAR DV (Digital Voice) mode standard
- Wideband receive2
- External GPS connection ready3
- DPRS(R) (Digital Position Reporting System) ready Ian Lockyer, Marketing Manager of Icom UK said, ' Both models are ideal for a range of users from foundation licencees, anyone new to D-Star or Ham organisations such as Raynet that are looking for a simple GPS position reporting system. The introduction of these two new D-Star radios utilises Icom's commitment to D-Star Worldwide!' The ID-E880 will be available from April 2010. The IC-E80D will be available from May 2010. Notes:
1. Requires optional cloning cable.
2. Receiver coverage range varies depending on version.
3. For the IC-E80D, optional GPS microphone HM-189GPS is available. For the ID-E880, a third party GPS receiver Icom UK Marketing - firstname.lastname@example.org