IC-F51V - 3V proposition (Voice storage, Vibrate and Value)Icom is pleased to launch the IC-F51V, a compact, waterproof VHF commercial transceiver with vibration alert, voice recorder, loud audio and lone worker functions, all in one unit. These combined features make it ideal for a variety of businesses including security companies that need lone worker and voice recorder functions and industrial users who work in very noisy environments and need loud audio with the BTL amplifier and vibration alert functions. Icom's all in one solution offers a unique 3V proposition (voice storage, vibrate and value). In short, the IC-F51V combines the best of a pager and a radio into one package. For example, the IC-F51V offers the vibration alert feature and the voice storage capability of a pager as well as a full suite of radio features. This makes it possible for companies to purchase one device yet have the functionality of two. Some of this models key functions are as follows: - Vibration alert function that alerts you by vibrating the radio, especially useful in contacting employees in noisy manufacturing environments.
- Built-in voice recorder records incoming calls up to a maximum of 8 minutes meaning you wont miss any important messages even when you are temporarily away from the radio.
- Lone worker function. This works in a very simple way. When the radio is not operated for a preset period (1 to 255 minutes), the radio sounds a beep and requires the user to push the emergency button. If the emergency button is not pushed for a preset time, an emergency signal is automatically transmitted and informs your co-workers or controller that something may have happened. This is integrated into the radio requiring no additional cost for the organisation.
- Waterproof. The IC-F51V meets the same waterproofing standards as many Icom marine VHF handhelds and brings a new durability to tough working environments. This makes it ideal for anyone whose communications needs place them both indoors and outdoors.
- Stun/unstun over the Air. If a radio gets stolen, the dealer can disable the radio over the air, rendering it useless. This can then be reactivated over the air when required. This is especially useful for large-scale retail schemes where there is a greater tendency for theft.
- Integration with Icom's system products such as RMS-NET (Radio Messaging System). Add the IC-F51V to an Icom system and you not only get the radio and paging functions of the radio but a full reporting structure for all radio traffic which can then logged and stored on a central database on a PC. In addition to being fully waterproof, the IC-F51V features a compact body that is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. It is extra-durable and shockproof, whilst weighing less than most professional radios on the market. Because of the waterproof construction of this radio, this radio is highly corrosion resistant and dust proof, making it ideal for a variety of harsh environments such as construction, the events industry etc, not just those involving water. The IC-F51V comes with a 1700mAh Lithium-Ion battery providing a practical 10 hours of operating time. An 8 character 14-segment alphanumeric LCD offers easily recognisable status and performance information and ease of operation in low-light environments. Built-in signalling capabilities and built-in inversion type voice scrambler enable secure group communication without compromising the waterproof integrity of the radio. "One of the best things about the IC-F51V is you do not have to carry two separate units," said Ian Lockyer Marketing Manager of Icom UK Ltd. He added, "This is really the ideal radio for those organisations where Health & Safety, security and instant communication is important. Couple it with Icom UK's systems products such as RMS and you have an effective management tool." Icom UK Sales - email@example.com