IC-R2500 Wideband Mobile Receiver (Discontinued) The IC-R2500 receiver is the advanced version of the IC-R1500. The IC-R2500 has two receiver circuits, which allow for diversity reception and dual receive. Three optional internal modules (UT-106 AF DSP unit, UT-108 DTMF decoder or UT-118 D-Star digital voice decoder) are available to provide extra receive capability. Dualwatch Capability
The IC-R2500 has dualwatch receive capability*, allowing you to receive two bands simultaneously. It covers 0.01-3299.999 MHz in AM, FM, WFM, SSB, CW and DV** modes on main band, while the sub-band covers 50-1300MHz in AM, FM and WFM modes.
* Two antennas are required for dualwatch receive. ** Optional UT-118 required. Diversity Receive Capability
The diversity receive* mode is useful for mobile operation where the receive condition changes continuously. It compares the signal strength and selects the best antenna signal dynamically to maintain good sound quality.
* Two antennas are required. Available in FM/DV mode between 50- 1300MHz only. Cannot use the diversity receive function while using the dualwatch function. Wide LCD Display for Independent Band Control
The wide LCD display shows both main/sub band settings in an easy to read symmetric side by side layout. The controller provides separate tuning, volume, squelch knobs and function buttons for the left (Main) and right (Sub) side bands. The LCD backlit colour is selectable from amber and green. Select a suitable colour for your lighting condition or your preference. 1000 Alphanumeric Memory Channels
1000 on-board memory channels at the touch of a button! With Icom's Dynamic Memory Scan, DMS, you have a versatile memory channel management system at your command. The 1000 memory channels can be arranged by service or personal preference in the 21 memory banks. Selectively link the channels together to scan depending on your needs. Programming the memory channels and 6 character memory names is simple with your PC. 60 Channels Per Second Scan
Quickly scan through a band with the IC-R2500's 60 Ch/second scan rate*. Program, priority scan and various scanning modes are available. Standard Accessories
Standard accessories for the IC-R2500 include AC Adapter, controller cable (3.5m), controller head, USB Cable, software CD and antenna. Ideal for a wide range of commercial and leisure users.
The IC-R2500 is ideal for the scanner enthusiast looking for an advanced scanner with more functionality and greater features. It is also ideal for commercial/professional users looking for a good value signal measuring device or authorities looking for a spectrum surveillance device.
* This receiver consumes vehicle battery power in stand-by mode. We advise you to turn off the main unit power switch after use. PC Requirements:
Microsoft® Windows® XP/2000/ME/98SE
Intel Pentium® III 450MHz or faster (Pentium® 4 recommended)
Hard disk with minimum 50 MB of free disk space
Minimum 128 MB of memory (256Mb or more recommended)
USB 1.1 Note:
CD-ROM or DVD drive is required for software installation
Mouse or other compatible pointing device is required
USB audio dropouts or gaps may occur, because of a lack of PC power.
Additional hard disk space is required for recording sound or storing scope data. Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Pentium® is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
- Optional DSP capability with UT-106
- CTCSS/DTCS tones and duplex mode operation for monitoring a repeater
- VSC (Voice squelch control) opens the squelch only when a modulated signal is detected
- IF filter selection for changing IF filter width
- IF shift function (SSB, CW mode only)
- Noise blanker eliminates pulse type noise such as engine ignition noise (SSB, CW, AM mode only)
- AFC function follows the frequency drifts in FM mode (BW: 6kHz or 15kHz)
- 20dB (approx.) RF attenuator (below 1300MHz)
- 30 min - 2 hour auto power off timer
- Fast/slow AGC setting
- Short/long squelch delay
- All IC-PCR2500 functions are available when connected to a PC
- Cloning function allows you to read/write memory contents from your PC. Sharing the data with IC-PCR2500 is also possible.
- 2 Year Warranty
Cigarette lighter cable with noise filter (Right Angle Plug)
Mounts the remote controller with the MB-84.
Controller mounting bracket for IC-2725
Controller extension cable (3.5m)
DC Power lead with fuse
Mobile extension speaker (5W 4OHM)
Provides DTMF decode capability with code squelch and pager operation.
Provides D-STAR DV mode reception.
P25 Digital Unit – provides APCO P25 Digital mode reception
- Coming Soon - The IC-PCR2500/R2500 Wideband Receiver - 08/05/2006