IC-F51/F61 ATEX Series
IC-F51/F61 VHF/UHF Two Way Radios (ATEX version) The ATEX versions of the IC-F51 and F61, conforms to the 94/9/EC ATEX Directive. The IC-F51 series is a waterproof PMR two way radio whose construction is equivalent to IPX7 which is the same rating as our marine handheld models. In addition, built-in signalling capabilities and UT-110 compatible voice scrambler function eliminate the need for an optional logic board. The IC-F51 series meets the requirements for a tough, waterproof communications tool for use in hazardous areas such as oil rigs, areas where flammable gases or liquids are used, and other potentially explosive environments. * Equivalent to IPX7 of the corresponding International Standard IEC 60529(2001). 1 metre depth for 30 minutes. These ATEX approved IC-F51/F61 two way radios offers safety approved 2-way communication preventing explosion and fire hazard in specified hazardous areas. Approved classes
The approved rating is II2G EEx ib IIA T3. Special conditions for use:
• Must be used with BP-227AX Approved accessories:
• Speaker-microphone HM-138 Please ensure the IC-F51/F61 ATEX rating is acceptable for the intended place of use. These ATEX models have all the same functions and features as non-ATEX versions including; Waterproof construction
The IC-F51 series has waterproof construction which is equivalent to IPX7. The IC-F51 series can withstand submersion in 1m depth of water for up to 30 minutes. Tough and compact body
The aluminium die-cast chassis combined with a polycarbonate casing is designed to last. Its compact dimensions of 56 (W) x 97 (H) x 36 (D) mm allow the IC-F51 series to fit comfortably in your palm or shirt pocket. Standard Lithium-Ion battery pack
The IC-F51 series comes with a standard 1700mAh Lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-227AX that provides stable output power and a practical 13 hours* of operating time. Lithium-ion batteries allow flexible charging** and have almost no memory effect.
*Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty cycle=5:5:90
** Please note that ATEX radios should not be charged in Hazardous environments. Alphanumeric LCD
The IC-F51 features an 8-character 14 segment alphanumeric LCD. An automatic LCD backlight is standard, ideal for night time operation. Built-in signalling
The IC-F51 series has 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS signalling capabilities for group communication or selective calling as standard. Built-in rolling type voice scrambler*
The IC-F51 series has a built-in voice scrambler. The scrambling system is fully compatible with the UT-110 voice scrambler unit, which uses 1020 codes (255 codes x 4 groups.). In addition, an inversion type voice scrambler is available in all versions
* ATEX version has a built-in UT-110 compatible voice scrambler. Programmable functions
Up to 7 programmable buttons, [P0]–[P3], [▲], [▼],and [Red button] can be assigned additional functions to meet a variety of requirements. In addition, there is a space for function assign stickers below these buttons. Optional speaker microphone, HM-138
The optional speaker microphone, HM-138, also has waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7. The HM-138 is approved for use with ATEX models. IC-F51/F61 (ATEX version) Additional Features
- 12.5kHz channel step (VHF only)Wide/middle/narrow channel spacing
- Built-in compander (same as IC-F31G series and IC-F510 series)BIIS 1200 built-in
- SMA type ANT connector
- Up to 128 memory channels/8 memory banks
- MIL spec tested to MIL-STD F.
- 2 Versions available
- IC-F51 VHF Built-in Rolling Code Scrambler (136-174 MHz)
- IC-F61 UHF Built-in Rolling Code Scrambler (400-470 MHz)
- Supplied with BC-152 Slow Battery Charger, BC-01 Charger Adapter, BP-227AX Li-Ion Battery Pack, Antenna, MB-98 Belt Clip and Handbook
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 56 x 97x36.4 mm (projections not included)
- Weight (with BP-227AX) : 290g (approx.)
ATEX approved 7.2V/1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack
The FA-S27U is a UHF (400-470MHz) ATEX Antenna for use with the IC-F61 ATEX radio.
The UHF FA-S57US stubby antennas is designed for the IC-F51, IC-F61 and IC-M87 transceivers.
SMA type antenna (std)
The VHF FA-S63VS stubby antenna is designed for the IC-F51, IC-F61 and IC-M87 transceivers.
Antenna (136-150 MHz)
Waterproof Speaker Microphone (equivalent to IPX-7)
- Licenced Two Way Radio System
This is the general-purpose peer to peer application for all forms of licenced PMR use.
- Licenced Two Way Radio System Linked by Repeaters
This is the standard licenced PMR version that includes all base station and repeater functionality allowing interfaces via gateways (Telephone, IP etc).
Swivel Belt Clip
Standard type belt clip
- Price Drop on Icom ATEX Two Way Radios - 24/07/2018
- New ATEX Radio Requirement for Firefighters Onboard Ship - SOLAS Regulation II-2/10 - 08/07/2016
- New Knowledge Base Article: What are ATEX two way radios and do I need them for my business? - 12/02/2016
- Icom ATEX two way radios get a great new, ‘ATEX BLUE’ look - 18/10/2012
- ICOM LAUNCH NEW RANGE OF COMMERCIAL ATEX RADIOS - 15/06/2005