IC-446S Licence Free PMR446 Walkie Talkie (Discontinued) The IC-446S is a low cost easy to use PMR446 (licence-exempt) radio designed for the leisure market. The radio is small and compact with a fold-away aerial. A large, easy to read, LCD display shows all operating information at a glance and for low light conditions an auto backlight function is included. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then please visit the IC-F29SR2 Professional PMR446 Licence Free Two Way Radio product page. In addition to its ease of use features and aesthetic design the radio is packed full of communication features that provide the user with a high level of usability and convenience. Among these useful functions are the Automatic Transponder function that alerts you if the other radio is out of range. The radio also features a call ring function, which allows you to send a ringing tone when calling another party. To ensure clear, interference-free communications the user can select one of eight different radio channels along with one of 38 different group codes. The IC-446S is available in two formats:-
• The consumer package includes a single transceiver, a MW-1298 charger and four rechargeable cells.
• The commercial pack includes two IC-446S complete with BP-202 NiCad battery packs and a BC-119LM dual unit rapid charger.
- IC-446S – Buried, Battered, But… - 08/03/2002
- U.S. Marines choose ICOM for new communications - 06/06/2001
- Icom make waves at LIBS 2001 Stand No. 238B - 04/01/2001
- Autocom & Backchat-Vixen - Leading the way in Bike Communication - 08/11/2000
- Keep in touch with the Icom IC-446S Licence Free Walkie Talkie Transceiver - 22/09/2000
- Major Product Launches from Icom (UK) Ltd at the PFA Rally 2000 (Stand 284-285) - 21/06/2000