CB2000 Class B AIS Transponder Unit Introducing the advanced CB2000 AIS transponder unit which transforms the ICOM IC-M506GE/EURO, IC-M510E and IC-M605EURO to VHF/DSC radios complete with Class B AIS transponders. The CB2000 also provides a simple solution for those customers who already own an IC-M506GE/EURO, IC-M510E or IC-M605EURO and wish to upgrade their radios with the purchase of this Class B AIS transponder. Addition of Transponder Unit Provides Peace of Mind
The CB2000 transforms the ICOM IC-M506GE/EURO, IC-M510E** and IC-M605EURO to VHF/DSC radios complete with Class B AIS transponders. The new solution aids collision avoidance by helping you track and contact anyone in your area with an AIS transponder. Whether you are keeping in touch with other vessels in the area or tracking a similar course, you will be able to share information between vessels, leading to improved safety. The CB2000 gives you peace of mind by knowing that the other vessels around can see you and you can see them! Three products available:
• IC-M506GE/EURO with CB2000 Class B AIS transponder*
• IC-M510E with CB2000 Class B AIS transponder**.
• IC-M605EURO with CB2000 Class B AIS transponder*
• CB2000 Class B AIS transponder* *Includes N2K starter kit which features NMEA2000 backbone and cable for connection to the IC-M506/M605 or compatible device. Earlier versions of the IC-M506GE/EURO may need a firmware upgrade. The CB2000 comes with a one year warranty.
**IC-M510E requires CTM500 for N2K Starter Kit to be compatible. Simple ‘Plug & Play’ Installation
The CB2000 is conveniently sized measuring only 160mm x 120mm x 37.5mm (W x H x D) and weighing just 850g. It simply connects to the NMEA2000 backbone that comes supplied with this package. The unit can be mounted discretely out of sight. It also has an NMEA2000 interface for simple connection to the majority of new AIS-compatible GPS chart plotters and includes an integral NMEA2000 drop cable with a male mini- connector. It consumes less than 2W power and is self-powered from the NMEA2000 network. The CB2000 requires a dedicated VHF/AIS antenna or a suitable VHF/AIS active antenna splitter and an NMEA2000GPS may be required for the connected compatible VHF radio. There is a USB interface for programming and for PC/MAC-based navigation. Once installed the CB2000 will just work away in the background. Ideal For a Range of Vessels
This transponder radio solution will be ideal for all boaters, including sailing yachts, motor cruisers, RIBS and tenders, indeed anyone who wants the enhanced safety of an AIS transponder and the comfort and benefits it offers.
- Transforms ICOM IC-M506GE/EURO, IC-M510E** and IC-M605EURO to VHF/DSC radios complete with Class B AIS transponders.
- Available as a standalone unit for upgrading an existing ICOM IC-M506GE/EURO, IC-M510E** or IC-M605EURO*.
- Advanced AIS design for the best performance.
- Waterproof compact enclosure.
- Simple ‘plug and play’ installation.
- Includes N2K starter kit which features the NMEA2000 backbone and cables/connectors.
- USB interface.
- PC & MAC programming software included.
The optional CT-M500 wireless interface box provides NMEA 2000 connectivity and Hailer/PA feature.
The IC-M506 is packed full of features including integrated AIS receiver, NMEA2000 connectivity, ‘Last Call’ voice recording function, ‘Active Noise Cancelling’ technology plus Icom’s new intuitive menu-driven user interface and large dot matrix display making it really easy to use.
The IC-M506GE is packed full of features including integrated AIS receiver and GPS receiver built-in, NMEA2000 connectivity, ‘Last Call’ voice recording function, ‘Active Noise Cancelling’ technology plus Icom’s new intuitive menu-driven user interface and large dot matrix display making it really easy to use.
The IC-M510E is a stylish, new advanced VHF/DSC marine radio from Icom that gives you control of the radio via your Smartphone using the RS-M500 app (iOS™/Android™). In fact up to three smartphones can act as remote controllers via the radio’s WLAN network. It is even possible to have intercom function between your smartphone and the radio itself.
The IC-M605EURO is an advanced Class D VHF/DSC radio with integrated AIS receiver, capable of showing real-time AIS vessel traffic information on the large colour TFT LCD display. This radio contains many advanced features including Active Noise Cancelling technology, a sophisticated reciever and a last call voice recording function that saves up to two minutes of an incoming call. The IC- M605EURO also has the capability of connecting up to three command stations on a vessel, allowing operation/intercom via either RCM600 Remote Stations or HM-229 Commandmics. This makes it a great communication system for large yachts or motor cruisers.
Related Software Download
- Knowledge Base Article: What Is AIS & How Does It Work? - 14/01/2021
- An Overview of Icom’s AIS range - 28/12/2020
- Changes to Icom UK’s Range of Marine fixed VHF/DSC Radios - 07/05/2019
- View Three New Marine Videos on our YouTube Channel - 30/09/2018
- Icom Launch New Marine Radio Products at London Boatshow 2018 - 08/01/2018
- CB2000, Transforms Your Icom Radio into a Class B AIS Transponder - 22/11/2017