IC-M90E VHF Marine Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-M90E is essentially two radios in one rugged package. The transceiver is a full-featured waterproof VHF marine radio with easy access to all marine frequencies. But, with a touch of a button it becomes a professional-grade, PMR transceiver with serious features for today’s working world including; 100 programmable land channels, state-of-the-art voice scrambling, digital signalling and the option of hands-free operation. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then please visit the IC-M85E VHF/PBR Marine Transceiver product page. Tough, Waterproof for Heavy-Duty Use
The IC-M90E is a submersible (IPX7*), reliable, commercial grade radio. It’s simple, yet rugged construction has a polycarbonate casing with an insert-type battery to prevent water intrusion. A newly developed “speed water removal” system removes water from the speaker grill to prevent distortion in received audio.
* Equivalent to IPX7 of the corresponding International Standard IEC 60529(2001). 1m depth for 30 minutes. Large, Well-Labelled Buttons
Clearly labelled large buttons allow for operation in all conditions, even when wearing heavy gloves. The transparent buttons are printed from behind (not on top), so the operating label on the keypad will never be erased. Wide LCD Allows Wide Viewing Angles
A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD is used in the IC-M90E, offering bright, easy to read characters. The LCD’s contrast and backlight are adjustable in 4-levels. The bright LED indicator on top of the front panel shows the operating status clearly. 100 Programmable Channels
The IC-M90E can be used for both marine and PMR applications. A simple push of a button changes the operating band between marine and land channels. Up to 100 programmable channels* (146–174MHz) are available and each channel is programmable with CTCSS and DTCS tone signalling and wide/narrow channel spacing. A 32 code voice scrambler which is compatible with UT-112 is built-in.
* Optional cloning software, CS-M90 and cloning cable are required for programming. Optional VOX Headset
You can use the optional HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97* with OPC-1392 headset adapter cable. The IC-M90E has VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) capability for hands-free operation. Both, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable. Microphone gain setting allows you to set the appropriate microphone gain each for the VOX headset, speaker microphone and internal microphone, respectively**.
* Headsets, HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97 and OPC-1392 are not waterproof.
** These settings are programmable from cloning software. IC-M90E Additional Features
• Squelch dynamic range shift function... allows you to shift the tight level while keeping the threshold edge
• Auto-scan function automatically scans when no signal has been received for a pre-set time
• Optional waterproof speaker microphone, HM-125, is available
• Programmable beep sounds
• SMA type flexible antenna
• 2 step power-save mode for longer battery life
• Self-check function checks internal error when powered on
• One year warranty on both radio and accessories.
- IC-M90E is supplied with BP-252 Li-Ion battery, BC-162 rapid charger, charger adapter, handstrap, MB-103 belt clip, antenna and handbook
- Dimensions: 65(W)x145(H)x44(D) mm
- Weight (approx.): 410g (with BP-225)
AC adapter for BC-119N & BC-144
AC adapter (For BC-166. 120/240V)
Desktop charger, compatible with the IC-GM1600E and IC-M90E marine radios.
Single desktop rapid charger
Alkaline battery case for IC-M21 and IC-M31.
Cigar lighter lead for battery chargers
SMA type antenna (std)
The HM-167 has been designed for marine users who require a lightweight IPX7 waterproof speaker microphone.
Speaker-microphone for use with BC-218 charger cradle (with Bluetooth Function)
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Alligator Type Belt clip
Swivel Belt Clip
Headset adapter cable designed for VOX hands-free operation.
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
USB Cloning Cable - 3.5mm plug type
DC lead for battery chargers
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
Cloning Cable Adapter