IC-R2 Communications Receiver (Discontinued) The IC-R2 is one of the smallest receivers around! This little receiver is simple to operate, compact, and has a drip-resistant construction, which provides protection against outdoor use. The IC-R2 is also very user friendly and only requires 2 AA (R6) Ni-Cd or Alkaline cells. The IC-R2 will let you monitor your energy consumption with its low battery indicator. Even if you leave the IC-R2 on by mistake the radio can switch itself off with its auto power-off function which is selectable from 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes. The IC-R2 has wide frequency coverage from 495kHz-1309.995 MHz with FM, WFM and AM receiver modes Packed in this small package are some pretty big features. - 400 memory channels allowing for effective memory management.
- Auto squelch (self-adjusting) system that eliminates critical squelch settings when receiving weak signals.
- Large built in speaker delivering loud clear audio.
- Quick and easy band switching.
- Tone squelch scan which will help you easily identify a tone.
- Built in attenuator to help reduce interference from strong local signals.
- Optional PC programming capability.
- Multi scan functions.
- Priority watch function with beep alert keeps you informed of any activity on a selected priority channel.
- A LCD backlight which allows you to use the radio in the dark.
Antenna connector adapter. Converts from a SMA to a BNC.
Regularly charges 2 or 4 AA (R6) Ni-Cd batteries
Lightweight monaural headphones
Carrying Case for IC-R6
Cloning cable, radio-to-radio.
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
Compatible with a wide range of Amateur and PMR handhelds.