IC-F3GT/GS Compact Handheld Radios (Discontinued) Designed to inherit the mantle of the very successful IC-F3/S series, the GT and GS series are packed with all the latest features and functionality, setting new standards for performance and price! Four transceivers make up this exciting new family of products. To meet the differing needs of a wide range of users these break down into the IC-F3GS and IC-F3GT for VHF and two for UHF, the IC-F4GS and the IC-F4GT. Simplicity is the key behind the design of these transceivers. A minimum of switches and buttons coupled with a clear LCD display ensures quick intuitive operation. Versatility is the watchword behind the GT models. These radios offer a 10-character keypad, plus compatibility with a wide range of industry standard (and not so standard) signalling and data formats. These radios will integrate with existing PMR systems or form the basis of a large radio network. The first thing you notice about the new radios is that they appear much smaller than their predecessors. The slim-line, curved casing has been ergonomically designed so that it fits comfortably in the hand. The Icom hallmarks of durability and quality have not been sacrificed for style as the new series meets tough US Military standards, MIL-810C, D and E for shock and vibration. These factors combine to provide high reliability, even in the toughest environments. In addition, all models have a large clear 7 character alphanumeric automatic backlit LCD that enable users to see the radio’s operating conditions. Up to eight keys can be assigned special functions, providing customised operation to suit individual needs. In particular, the red button above the PTT switch can be used for important functions such as emergency calls. An optional voice scrambler unit is also available to allow secure communications. The radios are capable of delivering up to 5 watts of RF power (VHF) and 4 watts of RF power (UHF). The new series now feature 40 memory channels. Radio Cloning Software operates under Microsoft Windows. This range of handhelds has been designed to support multiple signalling and flexible selective calling. All models feature CTCSS and DTCS encode/decode, 5-tone encode as standard. Optional circuits allow decode with Automatic Numbering Identification (ANI) functions. The series features a standard Ni-Cd battery pack that will allow 8 hours + operation. However for those who want a higher capacity battery a Ni-MH is available. A powerful optional Lithium Ion battery will also be available soon (capable of providing up to three times the operation time of a traditional Ni-Cd pack). A further option for users is a battery case that can be used with alkaline cells, providing convenience back-up and great reassurance in any emergency. The series has many other features including normal and priority scans, auto LCD contrast, 2-step power saver, 5 Autodialing memories for DTMF, busy/repeater lockout functions, an optional microphone remote control and much, much more.
- 40 memory channels
- 8 hours battery life with standard Ni-Cd battery pack
- Enlarged 7 characters alphanumeric LCD display
- Li-on battery pack available soon
- ANI as standard
- Selcall decode with optional UT-96
- Improved ergonomic design with palm friendly design
- Complies with MIL-810C,D,E for shock and vibration
- CTCSS/DTCS encoder/decoder built-in 5 Tone, Voice scrambling available
- Man-down option
- Enlarged LCD and front keys
- Windows-type cloning software (user interface is improved)
- Ability to customise program software
- Programmable RED colored button available (suitable to assign as an emergency button)
- New improved antenna
Charger adapter (for use with BC-119N/121N)
UK mains adapter for use with Icom radio chargers.
UK 12v 1Amp charger.
Universal Icom Fast Charger
Six Way Rapid Multi Charger
AA Battery Case for the IC-A6E and IC-A24E
The BP-210N is a Ni-MH battery pack (7.2V/1650 mAh)
Cigarette lighter cable with noise filter (Right Angle Plug)
Headset with Vox/PTT (lightweight)
Standard type belt clip
DC Power lead with fuse
Cloning cable, radio-to-radio.
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
Provides DTMF decode capability with code squelch and pager operation.
The UT-109 02 is a high-performance, non-rolling voice scrambler board available with up to 32 codes.
Scrambler (inversion & rolling)
Man Down Unit
- Storenet - Retail Security from Dawn to Dusk - 05/07/2004
- Icom Support St John’s at World Superbikes - 16/10/2003
- Safe in the City - Night Safe - 06/10/2003
- Radio Safety Features Introduced to Ambulance Front Line Crew - 18/08/2003
- Sussex Ambulance Service Case Study - Analogue Technology for the 21st Century - 25/04/2002
- Ever heard about Shunting Software? - 17/12/2001
- M.E.S. Supply Red Funnel with Icom Two Way Radios - 02/07/2001