ID-51E PLUS Dual Band D-STAR Digital Transceiver (Discontinued) ID-51E PLUS is an evolution of the popular ID-51E which is popular within the D-STAR Amateur radio community. This model incorporates popular features found in the original including integrated GPS, an independent AM/FM receiver and V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch, but also includes enhancements for digital operation and compatibility with the RS-MS1A free Android application. RS-MS1A, Free Download Android™ Application
The RS-MS1A allows you to connect your Android™ device to the ID-51E*. You can see the location of repeater sites on a map application and set them to the ID-51E. Text messages and pictures can be sent and received with your Android device. *The optional OPC-2350LU data cable is required to connect to an Android™ device. RS-MS1A Features
• Send and receive pictures
• Send and receive text messaging
• Set transceiver’s DR functions from the RS-MS1A or a map application
• See the location of repeater sites or other D-PRS stations on a map application
• View and export received history of the transceiver
• View detailed data in the transceiver’s Repeater list
• Import and export the Repeater list and the Callsign list from/to the transceiver
* Please check the system requirements at the Google Play™RS-MS1A page before installing the application. DV Fast Data Mode*
By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-51E transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice). Pictures taken by an Android™ device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode.
* The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication. DV and FM Repeater Search Function
The repeater search function searches for nearby analogue FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.
* To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required. Additional Dplus Reflector Link Commands
Dplus reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy multiple repeater connection through the reflector. Other New and Enhanced Functions
• GPS position data can be sent simultaneously with the serial data communication
• Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats
• Altitude data added to the GPS memories
• CI-V commands can be sent through DATA connector
• Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format FEATURES: Retained from the Original ID-51E
D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the leading amateur radio digital format. V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch
The dualwatch function simultaneously monitors VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF and VHF/ UHF bands.* * DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-N/FM-N and DV/FM-N mode dualwatch is not available. IPX7 Waterproof Construction
The ID-51E has superior IPX7 waterproof protection (1m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, and for hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports. Menu-Driven User Interface
The directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters increases the amount of information. Independent AM/FM Receiver
FM and AM broadcast stations can be listened to while using the dualwatch function to monitor the ham bands. microSD Card Slot
When used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data can be stored. The microSD card can also be used to update firmware and edit memories. Integrated GPS Receiver
Your current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals on the microSD card. 5W Output Power
Using a highly-effcient PA amplifier, the ID-51E generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body. Long Lasting Battery Pack
The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours*. * Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON.) Other Features
• TX voice memory (1 channel, 60 seconds) for repeated calls
• SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), frequency, and mode
• QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation.
• 128 × 104 dot large full dot-matrix display
• CSV formatted communication log
• 10-step battery voltage indicator To download the most up to date cloning/programming files of Icom D-STAR radios and data files of UK D-STAR repeaters and reflectors visit: http://downloads.d-staruk.co.uk/a>.
- Compact D-STAR Dual Bander, receives two bands simultaneously.
- Integrated GPS, provides position reporting and GPS logger function.
- RS-MS1A, Free Download Android™ Application
- DV Fast Data Mode*
- DV and FM Repeater Search Function
- Additional Dplus Reflector Link Commands
- Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
Antenna connector adapter. Converts from a SMA to a BNC.
Rapid desktop charger. Charges the BP-271 in 2 hours (approx.) inc. BC-06 AC adapter.
Li-Ion battery pack. 7.4V/1150mAh (min.), 1200mAh (typ). Operating time: 4.5 hours in FM and DV mode (Typical operation in 1:1:8 duty cycle). Same as supplied.
Li-ion battery pack 7.4V/1880mAh (min.), 2000mAh (typ.) Li-ion battery. Operating 8 hours in FM mode and 7.5 hours in DV mode. (Typical operation in 1:1:8 duty cycle)
Battery case (LR6 (AA) × 3)
The BP-307 is a high capacity 7.2V / 3350mAh (typ.) Li-Ion battery pack.
Cigarette lighter cable with noise filter (Right Angle Plug)
Cigarette lighter cable (DC-DC converter is built-in)
Programming/Cloning Software for ID-51E.
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
Durable type earphone microphone with slim L-type connector
Light type earphone microphone with slim L-type connector
Compact type speaker microphone with slim L-type connector.
Remote control speaker microphone with slim L-type connector.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Carrying case for the Icom ID-51E.
Alligator Style Belt Clip for use with the Icom ID-31E & ID-51E D-STAR handportables
Plug adapter cable. OPC-2006LS is required when using the HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97
Slim L-type plug adapter cable (Regular 2-pin connectors to slim L-type 2-pin connectors)
The OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable.
DC Power lead with fuse
The RS-MS1A (for Android™ devices) allows your Android device to wirelessly connect to a D-STAR transceiver and remotely set DR functions, link with a map app and send/receive messages in DV mode.
Silicon jacket case. Protect the transceiver from accidental drops.
Compatible with a wide range of Amateur and PMR handhelds.
- Enhance Your D-STAR Experience With iOS/Android Apps! - 17/09/2021
- For a limited time only, Colour versions of the ID-51E PLUS - 12/10/2015
- ID-51E PLUS Practical Wireless Review - ‘I was so impressed; I bought the radio!’ - 04/07/2015
- ID-51E PLUS D-STAR Digital Amateur Radio Handportable launches in the UK - 12/03/2015