IC-F5400D/F6400D Digital Two Way Radio Mobile Series The IC-F5400/F6400D is a new generation of digital mobile two way radios from Icom. This new series incorporates cutting edge design, superb performance and a comprehensive range of features on a flexible, upgradable multi-protocol platform. The series is available in both VHF and with UHF with either a numeric or full colour high resolution LCD. Three mobile installations are available to suit almost any vehicle application. Four versions Available
The IC-F5400/F6400D/DS mobile two way radio series is available in VHF and UHF with two different versions available to suit different customer requirements. They are:
• Numeric – IC-F5400DS (VHF) /IC-F6400DS (UHF)
• Full colour display – IC-F5400D (VHF) /IC-F6400D (UHF) Multiple Controller Configurations
Three types of controller configurations are available to suit almost any vehicle application or installation. An intercom function is available between controllers and/or COMMANDMIC. • Detached Controller*
Optional RMK-5 and separation cable required.
A detached controller head with the separated RF unit is simple to install in almost any vehicle. • Dual Head Controller*
Optional RMK-7, hand microphone and separation cables required.
Suitable for double cab vehicles. Install the controller head to front and rear seats respectively. • COMMANDMIC™ and Detached Controller*
Optional RMK-5, COMMANDMIC, HM-218 and separation cables required.
The COMMANDMIC is handy for installing a work platform on the rear part of the vehicle.
* Detached Controller, Dual head and COMMANDMIC configurations are for IC-F5400D/IC-F6400D only. High-Resolution Colour LCD (D Version)
The high-resolution trans-reflective colour LCD provides great visibility in both natural and vehicle lighting. Functions and menu items are clearly labelled and are easy to read. A night mode LCD setting is an available for use at night or in low lighting conditions. ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) Technology
The ANC assists in providing clear communication, cancelling out undesired background noise. Digital Voice Recording
IC-F5400/F6400D/DS series can record incoming and outgoing communications, and replay recorded communications. When a 32 GB microSD* card is used, a maximum of 500 recording hours is possible. The recorded audio is saved in “wav” format, allowing it to be replayed on the radio or a PC.
* MicroSD card is required separately. Built in GPS Receiver
Position data can be sent with ‘voice call’ or ‘status call’ and can also be used with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system. The GPS log functions logs user position data at regular intervals and can be saved to a microSD card. The radios can show direction and distance to another radio or specified point and can notify you with a beep sound if the target is in the specified range.
* For mobile radios, an optional GPS antenna, UX-241, is required separately. Built-in Bluetooth®
The built-in Bluetooth module provides remote operation and hands-free communication paired with a third-party Bluetooth headset*. When connected with Bluetooth telemetric devices or PC terminals, data or files can be wirelessly transferred.
* Available functions depend on paired Bluetooth devices. Trunking Upgrade*
The IC-F5400D series is compatible with IDAS digital conventional mode and analogue FM mode with auto sensing function. The radios can be upgraded to NXDN Type-D multi-site trunking mode with a license key.
* Requires licence key upgrade Voice Announcement
The radios can notify channel number, zone and channel type with a voice announcement. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments without having to look at the radio. OTAP and OAA*
For efficient radio programming, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programming data (for example adding a new repeater) over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates the need to program the alias table.
* Requires licence key upgrade DES/AES Encryption with OTAR*
For added digital communication security, the radios provide basic 4-key DES encryption as standard. When used with the optional UT-134 encryption unit the 256-bit AES encryption and OTAR function are available. The OTAR function allows updating of encryption keys over the radio channel.
* Requires licence key upgrade Transparent Data Modem Facility
The radios can be used as a transparent data modem and can transmit various data at 9600 bps over the radio channel using 12.5 kHz channel spacing. Licence Key Upgrade
The radios functions and protocols can be upgraded and customised to meet specific needs with various license key options. USB Port for PC Connection
The radios can be connected to a PC through a USB port for programming and accessing the installed microSD card in mass storage mode. Audio Equalizer
The Audio equalizer allows you to tailor the audio tone to suit speech characteristics. Five types of tone controls are available (flat, high boost, middle boost, low boost and low cut). The audio auto gain control function controls the speech audio to a constant, regardless of the input magnitudes of the voice or distance of the microphone from the mouth. Multiple Languages
Functions and menu items can be shown in local languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Simplified Chinese fonts. In addition, voice announcements can be recorded and changed for output in these languages. General Features
• 136–174 MHz, 380–470 MHz wide frequency coverage
• 1024 memory channels with 128 zones
• IP55 jet water resistant and dust-protection
• MIL-STD rugged construction
• D-SUB 25-pin ACC connector with programmable functions
• Built-in 20W audio amplifier for connecting with external public address system
• VOX (Voice Operated transmission) function
• Internal clock
• High-speed scanning for voting and multi-site operation
• Tactical group function for temporary regroup user groups with optional zone copy cable
• Normal, priority and voting scan IDAS™ Features
• IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional
• Type-D single-site trunking and multi-site trunking*
• 6.25 kHz and 12.5 kHz channel spacing
• Analogue/Digital conventional mixed mode operation
• Text message
• Call alert
• Radio check
• Radio Stun/Revive/Kill
• Remote monitor
* Type-D multi-site trunking is a license key upgrade option. Analogue FM Mode Features
• 5-tone, CTCSS and DTCS built-in
• DTMF autodial and DTMF decode
• Audio compander
• Inversion voice scrambler
- Multiple Controller Configurations
- High-Resolution Colour LCD
- ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) Technology
- Digital Voice Recording
- Built in GPS Receiver
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Trunking Upgrade
- Voice Announcement
- OTAP and OAA
- DES/AES Encryption with OTAR
- Transparent Data Modem Facility
- USB Port for PC Connection
CS-OTPM1 OTAP (Over-The-Air-Programming) Manager
Secondary remote control microphone for IC-F5400/F6400D series
The HM-220 is a heavy duty IP54 remote speaker microphone for use with the Icom IC-F5400 and IC-F6400 radios.
The HM-220T is a heavy duty IP54 remote speaker microphone with DTMF keypad for use with the Icom IC-F5400 and IC-F6400.
The HM-221 is an IP55 hand microphone with emergency button for use with the Icom IC-F5400.
The HM-221T is an IP55 heavy duty remote speaker microphone with DTMF keypad.
Zone Copy Cable (Mobile to handheld cable)
Separation Cable for RMK-5 or RMK-7 (1.9m; 6.2ft)
Separation Cable for HM-218, COMMANDMIC (1.9m; 6.2ft)
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
Separation Kit. For detached controller configuration.
Separation kit and secondary controller for dual head configuration.
Desktop Microphone for use with the Icom F5400 and F6400 IDAS digital two way mobile radios.
20W rated input power (30W max. input) external speaker
External Speaker with 6m cable
AES/DES Encryption Unit
External GNSS Antenna. Same as supplied with IC-M605EURO.
Presented by Matt Richards (Commercial Sales Executive), this video gives an overview of Icom’s next generation of IDAS digital two-way radios which include the IC-F3400D handheld series (available in three different display options) and the IC-F5400D mobile series (available in two display options). Matt also gives an explanation of the series’ many features including active noise cancelling, voice recording, built-in GPS, man-down/lone worker functions, vibration alert, voice announcement, built-in Bluetooth and many, many more. Stubby antenna is an option when ordering model.
- Latest Knowledge Base Article: Why consider Two-Way Radio for Social Distancing? - 06/03/2021
- Icom LTE and Satellite Radio Solutions on Show at FCS Business Radio 2019 - 06/10/2019
- Introducing the Icom VE-PG4 Radio Gateway, Providing Seamless Multi-Protocol Connectivity - 26/06/2019
- View Three New IDAS Two Way Business Radio Videos on our YouTube Channel - 12/12/2017
- Multi-station Capability of Icom’s Next Generation IDAS Mobile Series - 11/11/2017
- New Knowledge Base Article: Introducing Icom’s next generation IDAS Two Way Business Radios! - 26/10/2017
- Icom to Exhibit New Digital Two Way Radio Products at FCS Business Radio 2017 - 18/10/2017
- Check out our New IDAS Two Way Digital Business Radio Microsite! - 04/10/2017
- New IDAS Digital Two Way Business Radio Series - 13/09/2017
- FDMA vs. TDMA Digital Two Way Radio Technology. Download Icom’s Whitepaper - 13/09/2017