IC-GM1600E GMDSS Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio The IC-GM1600E Marine VHF radio has been designed for GMDSS compliant survival craft communications. The radio is engineered to survive and function in the extreme environmental conditions common in marine emergencies and brings the latest Search and Rescue technology to the marketplace. Meets strict environmental requirements for GMDSS survival craft radio. The IC-GM1600E meets “Wheel mark”, MED certification Since 1999, SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) has set the international standards for life rafts and their emergency equipment. Icom’s IC- GM1600E is the latest and most advanced handheld to meet these rigid standards including built-in GMDSS technology. The IC- GM1600E meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements. High Capacity BP-234 Lithium Battery Pack
The BP-234 provides up to 8 hours operation even at –20ºC! Tough, Waterproof Construction
The IC-GM1600E is waterproof to IP-X7 specifications. It features a new, “Speed Water Removal” function that quickly sheds water from the speaker system, assuring you sharp, clear communications even in the worst conditions. Large Keypad With Positive Button Action For Easy Operation While Wearing Gloves
All knobs are sized for quick operation and the large, well-labelled buttons feature a positive action “feel” with a programmable beep tone for sure operation. Wide Viewing Angle LCD display
The IC-GM1600E’s high-intensity LCD read out offers high-contrast, wide-angle readability with 4 levels of contrast and 3 levels of backlighting. There are new, bright, LED indicators for easy recognition in all types of weather/lighting conditions. Easy To Operate, Even For An Unskilled Operator
Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel. All operation can be made with one hand. Highly Visible Yellow Coloured Body
The IC-GM1600E’s shock-resistant housing is constructed of a brightly coloured dye-injected polymer assuring this essential piece of emergency equipment will always be easy to find, in a survival bag, in a life raft, and in a pinch. Optional VOX Headset
You can use the optional HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97* with OPC-1392 headset adapter cable. The IC-GM1600E has VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) capability for hands-free operation. Both, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable. Microphone gain setting allows you to set the appropriate microphone gain each for the VOX headset, speaker microphone and internal microphone, respectively.**
* Headsets, HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97 and OPC-1392 are not waterproof.
** These settings are programmable from cloning software. IC-GM1600E Additional Features
• Optional waterproof speaker microphone, HM-125
• One touch access to Channel 16 and programmable call channel
• One year warranty on both radio and accessories.
- IC-GM1600E Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio - Li-Ion Pack Includes BP-252 Li-Ion battery, BC-173 desktop charger, charger adapter,
- handstrap, MB-103 belt clip, antenna and handbook
- IC-GM1600E Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio - MED Approved Pack Includes BP-234 Lithium battery, BP-252 Li-Ion battery, BC-173 desktop charger, charger adapter, handstrap, MB-103 belt clip, antenna and handbook
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 65x145x44 mm
- Weight (approx.): 385g (with BP-234)
AC adapter for BC-119N & BC-144
AC adapter (For BC-166. 120/240V)
Regular trickle charger for Icom IC-M35 Marine VHF radio.
High capacity lithium battery pack (non-rechargeable 9.0V/3300mAh)
Cigar lighter lead for battery chargers
The HM-167 has been designed for marine users who require a lightweight IPX7 waterproof speaker microphone.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Hands-free operation. Requires VS-1/1L/1SL VOX unit for use.
Earphone with Throat-mic
D shaped earpiece with PTT for ICOM IC-M73, IC-M91D & IC-GM1600E (splash-proof)
Belt clip for IC-GM1600 GMDSS Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio
Swivel Belt Clip
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Headset adapter cable designed for VOX hands-free operation.
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
DC lead for battery chargers
DC Power Cable (for use with BC-121)
Cloning Cable Adapter
- Overview of Icom’s Latest Wheel Marked GMDSS Radio Solutions - 01/12/2020
- Changes to Icom UK’s Range of Marine fixed VHF/DSC Radios - 07/05/2019
- Icom Showcases GMDSS Marine Solutions at Skipper Expo Int. Aberdeen 2019 - 02/05/2019
- Icom to Exhibit Latest Commercial & GMDSS Maritime Solutions at Skipper Expo Show in Bristol! - 26/09/2018
- New Knowledge Base Article: Overview of GMDSS Sea Areas and Radio Safety Equipment Requirements - 25/07/2018
- GM800 GMDSS MF/HF Transceiver with Class A DSC, New! - 02/06/2018
- GM800 GMDSS MF/HF Transceiver Debuts at Skipper Expo Int. Aberdeen 2018 - 03/05/2018
- Icom GM600 Debuts at Skipper Expo Int. Aberdeen 2017 - 17/05/2017
- NEW! Icom GM600 MED GMDSS Class A VHF/DSC Marine Transceiver - 24/01/2017
- Save When You Trade In Your GMDSS Survival Craft VHF! - 18/02/2014
- Comprehensive Wheel Marked Icom GMDSS radio solutions for SOLAS Regulated Vessels - 01/06/2011
- New Icom Marine Speaker Microphones - 19/10/2007
- Icom’s New IC-GM1600E Survival Craft Radios Sets the Standard for Safety At Sea - 26/05/2005