IC-M73PLUS Professional Marine VHF Radio The IC-M73PLUS builds on many of the features that made the IC-M71 the choice of many maritime professionals across the globe but also incorporates two new important features; a new voice recording function and Icom’s active Noise Cancelling Technology. Last Call Voice Recording
The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last incoming call for up to 1 minute. You can also start recording manually. You will not miss an important call. Active Noise Cancelling Technology
The built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling reduces background noise by up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming calls. You will hear and be heard better and clearer! Bass Boost Function
The signal processing technology emphasizes low pitched sound to provide a rich bass sound for both transmit and receive signals. 700mW Loud Audio
The IC-M73PLUS uses a BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. Its internal speaker delivers a loud 700mW audio output with clear sound even in noisy environments. 6W RF Output Power
The IC-M73PLUS’s 6 Watts of transmit power will provide extended communication range for the user.
*Typical operation with 5:5:90 duty ratio. IPX8 Advanced Waterproofing
The IC-M73PLUS continues to offer Icom’s best waterproof protection. The radio has been tested to survive after being submersed in 1.5m (4.9ft) depth of water for 30 minutes. Use this radio in the rain, snow or any other severe weather conditions! Slim, Hourglass Body, Wide Viewing Angle LCD
The IC-M73PLUS has a stylish, ergonomic design. A durable and rugged body provides for user friendly operation and long life. A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD offers bright, easy to read characters. VOX Function for Hands Free Operation*,**
With the OPC-1392 headset adapter cable you can use a variety of optional HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97 headsets*. The IC-M73PLUS has VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) capability for hands-free operation. Also, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable.
* Headsets, HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97 and OPC-1392 are not waterproof.
** This needs to be enabled by your local Icom marine dealer. ADDITIONAL FEATURES
• AquaQuake water draining function ejects water from the speaker grille with low frequency sound.
• Dual/Tri-Watch function for monitoring Channel 16 and/or call channel
• Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
• Favourite channel and tag scan functions
• Optional speaker-microphones, HM-167 and HM-202
• Rapid charger BC-210 supplied with the IC-M73PLUS
• Auto power save function
• FA-S64V short antenna
- Last Call Voice Recording, automatically saves the last incoming call for up to 1 minute.
- Active Noise Cancelling Technology reduces background noise by up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming
- Bass Boost Function
- 700mW Loud Audio
- 6W RF Output Power
- IPX8 Advanced Waterproofing
- Slim, Hourglass Body, Wide Viewing Angle LCD
- AquaQuake water draining function
- Dual/Tri-Watch function for monitoring Channel 16 and/or call channel
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
- Favourite channel and tag scan functions
UK 12v 1Amp charger.
AC Adapter for BC-197, BC-121N and BC-214 multi-chargers.
The BC-197, 6-Way Multi-Charger is an Icom charger following on from the BC-121N.
Rapid Charger (Charges the BP-245N in 2.5 hours)
Belt Case for the IC-M71 and IC-M73EURO (Radio not included)
7.4V/2000mAh Li-Ion battery pack
Cigarette Lighter Cable
Flexible short-type antenna
The HM-167 has been designed for marine users who require a lightweight IPX7 waterproof speaker microphone.
Speaker Microphone (IP67) for the IC-M73 Marine VHF radios.
The HM-MCA.001 is a speaker microphone that will work with the IC-M71, IC-M1EuroV, M73EURO and M73PLUS VHF Marine Handportables as well as the IC-GM1600E Survival Craft Radio.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
The HS-M73 headset is very comfortable to wear and plugs straight into the radio.
D shaped earpiece with PTT for ICOM IC-M73, IC-M91D & IC-GM1600E (splash-proof)
Alligator Type Belt clip
Swivel Belt Clip
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Headset adapter cable designed for VOX hands-free operation.
DC lead for battery chargers
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
This video gives an overview of both the IC-M73EURO and IC-M73PLUS VHF Marine Transceivers, the difference between the models as well as their shared features.
Related Software Download
- Icom Launch New Innovative Marine VHF Radios at the Southampton Boatshow 2021 - 09/09/2021
- How To Prevent Corrosion on Your Icom Marine VHF Handheld Radio - 07/08/2021
- Latest Knowledge Base Article: Getting Your Marine VHF Radio Licence - 05/03/2021
- 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios Purchased Until the End of September 2020 - 14/09/2020
- Follow the Icom UK Video Streaming during the ‘Southampton Boatshow’ - 10/09/2020
- Check out our Latest Icom Marine Based Case Studies - 09/04/2019
- Read our Latest Icom Case Studies - 07/03/2019
- Read Our Latest Knowledge Base Article: Why Should Personal Watercraft Users Use VHF Radios? - 01/11/2018
- See the latest Icom Marine Radio Products, and Great Show Offers at this year’s Southampton Boatshow - 15/08/2018
- New VOX Enabled Portable VHF Solution for Mariners - 16/03/2015
- Great Offers and 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios and AIS Products at the London Boatshow 2015 - 08/01/2015
- Icom Proud to be Official Partner to ISAF ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative - 18/09/2013
- Who are ISAF and why is their ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative so important? - 18/09/2013
- Experience the Advantage of Icom’s Active Noise Cancelling Technology on its latest VHF/DSC range - 12/07/2013
- Icom Showcases Latest Innovative Marine Communication Products at the PSP Southampton Boat Show 2013 (Stand H021) - 24/06/2013
- Icom adds IC-M73EURO to their Series of Professional Grade Marine VHF Transceivers! - 08/06/2013
- IC-M73PLUS, Professional VHF Marine Transceiver, Available Now! - 08/05/2013
- Icom Showcases Innovative Maritime Communication Products on Stand B151 at Seawork 2013 - 18/04/2013