IC-M85E VHF/PBR Marine Radio Designed with a particular emphasis on commercial use the IC-M85E is a high-class waterproof marine handheld radio that meets both marine and simple Private Business Radio (PBR) applications. Compact and with a robust modern construction, the IC-M85E contains critical commercial features including built-in voice scrambler ensuring private conversation and emergency features including Man down and lone worker function. Compact and Lightweight
The IC-M85E is the most compact (W×H×D: 56 × 92 × 29 mm) and lightweight (weight: 246 g (with BP-290, FA-SC58V and MBB-3)) commercial grade marine and land mobile hybrid radio in the world (as of November 2017, researched by Icom). Up to 100 PMR Channels (Appropriate Licence is Required)
In addition to marine VHF channels, the IC-M85E covers 136–174 MHz PMR channels. Up to 100 programmable channels are available for PMR use. Each channel is programmable with CTCSS and DTCS tone. Selectable MOB Alarm, Man Down and Lone Worker Functions
The IC-M85E has three emergency related functions: Selectable MOB Alarm (when used with other IC-M85 radios), Man Down and Lone Worker functions. If one of these functions are activated, the radio automatically makes an emergency alarm. Built-in Voice Scrambler
The radio has a built-in Voice Scrambler and provide private communication between stations (32-code, compatible with UT-112 voice scrambler unit). Instant Operation with Multi-Function Button
Channel group changing (Marine PMR) or the scrambler function ON/OFF can be assigned to the multi-function button on the top panel*. The Key lock function can be activated by holding the button.
*Ask your dealer for details. 700 mW Powerful Audio
Despite its compact body, the IC-M85E delivers 700 mW of loud audio. Clear communications is vital in noisy environments. And More
• AquaQuake prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker
• Internal VOX capability for hands-free operation
• 14 hours of long battery life (TX: RX: Standby=5:5:90.)
• 5 W output power
• The self-check function checks internal temperature, and connected battery voltage (over voltage detection)
• Monitor function
• Priority scan function
• Dual/Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
• Favourite channel function for quick access to often used channels
- Compact and Lightweight
- IP67 and MIL-STD Rugged Construction
- Up to 100 PMR Channels (appropriate licence is required)
- MOB Alarm, Man Down and Lone Worker functions
- Built-in Voice Scrambler
- Instant Operation with Multi-Function Button
- 700 mW Powerful Audio
- Internal VOX capability for hands-free operation
- 14 hours of long battery life (TX: RX: Standby=5:5:90.)
- AquaQuake prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker
- Self-check function checks internal temperature, and connected battery voltage (over voltage detection)
Allows you to use third party accessories with 6-pin Hirose plug.
3.5 mm earphone jack adapter for use with any of SP-27, SP-29 or SP-40 earphone.
6 way charger. Charges up to six BP-279 battery packs in 2.5 hours (approx.)
Charges the BP-290 in 2.5 hours. Requires BC-06 AC adapter.
Shows the charging information with the LED lighting. Charges the BP-290 in 2.5 hours (approx.).
Connectable type charger (connects up to six BC-226 units).
The BC-227 is a single rapid charger for use with the IC-F52D.
Rechargeable Li-ion battery with intelligent reporting. IP67 protection.
LR6 (AA) × 5 battery case. IP54 protection.
Earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Replacement Antenna (FA-SC58V) for Icom IC-M23 / M33 / M35 / M93D
Tie-clip microphone with 2.5 mm earphone jack.
The HM-222 is a waterproof remote speaker microphone.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Soft carrying case with D rings
The LC-188 is a hard carry case for use with the Icom IC-F52D series of radios.
Leather Belt Hanger. Swivel Type
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Fixed long leather belt hanger
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Alligator belt clip.
DC lead for battery chargers
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
Tube earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
The SP-27 features a clear acoustic tube that is designed to be hidden behind the ear making it hard to see. This makes it an ideal earphone for security, hotels, restaurants, retail and airports.
Earhook type earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Earhook type earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Tube earphone adapter for use with EH-15B.
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
- How To Prevent Corrosion on Your Icom Marine VHF Handheld Radio - 07/08/2021
- Latest Knowledge Base Article: Getting Your Marine VHF Radio Licence - 05/03/2021
- Check out our Latest Icom Marine Based Case Studies - 09/04/2019
- See the latest Icom Marine Radio Products, and Great Show Offers at this year’s Southampton Boatshow - 15/08/2018
- IC-M85E Compact VHF Marine Radio with Serious Business Features - 09/01/2018
- Icom Launch New Marine Radio Products at London Boatshow 2018 - 08/01/2018