ID-4100E Dual Band D-Star Digital Mobile Transceiver (Discontinued) The Icom ID-4100E D-STAR mobile radio allows you to make digital voice (DV) and data calls through the worldwide D-STAR network. Like the recently launched ID-51E PLUS2 handheld counterpart, the ID-4100E includes new ‘Terminal Mode’* and ‘Access Point Modes’* enabling an operator to make D-STAR Callsign routed calls through the internet, even from areas where no D-STAR repeater is accessible. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, please visit the ID-5100E VHF/UHF Dual Band D-STAR Digital Transceiver product page. “Terminal ID” and “Access Point” features will only work through an Icom D-STAR repeater enabled with the latest G3 Software. The ID-4100E will function only as a normal D-STAR radio until this implementation occurs. New Terminal Mode and Access Point Mode
Terminal and Access Point modes* enable you to enjoy long-distance D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) communication through the Internet. You can access the D-STAR repeater network through the Internet, regardless of locations and conditions of nearby repeaters.
* An optional free download software, RS-MS3W is required to be installed on the PC. An optional free download application, RS-MS3A is required to be installed, on the Android™ device. Terminal Mode
By connecting the ID-4100E to the Internet through a Windows® PC or Android™ device, the Terminal mode enables you to use a D- STAR repeater to make D-STAR gateway calls. Access Point Mode
The Access Point mode enables another D-STAR transceiver to make D-STAR gateway calls through the ID-4100E connected to the Internet. 50 watts of output power can be used for a D-STAR access point mode. Compact, Detachable Controller for Flexible Installation
The controller can be attached or detached from the main unit for flexible installation. By using the supplied OPC-837 controller cable, you can install the controller up to 3.5 meters away from the main unit. DR (D-STAR Repeater) Function
The DR function makes D-STAR communications simple. By simply selecting a destination callsign in “To”, and your access repeater in “From”, you can talk with other D-STAR users. In addition, using the reflector function, you can talk through several repeaters at once. Easy-to-Read Full Dot-Matrix Display
To increase the amount of display information, a full dot-matrix display is used in the ID-4100E. For example, Repeater list or GPS position information are clearly arranged and easy to read. DV/FM Near Repeater Search Function
The DV/FM near repeater search function assists you in accessing nearby repeaters, even in areas you are visiting for the first time. The function searches for nearby repeaters using the repeater memories with the GPS position information.
* To use the near repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required. The ID-4100E will be shipped with the D-STAR repeater memories reprogrammed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be entered or exact. Applications for iOS™ and Android™ devices*
The RS-MS1I (for iOS™ devices) and RS-MS1A (for Android™ devices) enable you to wirelessly connect to the ID-4100E and remotely set the DR functions, link with a map application and send/receive messages over the DV mode. In addition, pictures taken by a smart device can be transmitted via the DV Fast Data mode or DV mode.
* The optional UT-137 Bluetooth® unit must be installed in the ID-4100E. Some functions may not work properly, depending on smart devices used. DV Fast Data Mode*
By using the data place in voice frames, the ID-4100E transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice).
* The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication. Wireless Operation with VS-3 Bluetooth® Headset*
The optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset provides convenient wireless communication away from the transceiver. The VS-3 remotely controls the ID-4100E with three programmable buttons.
* The optional UT-137 Bluetooth® unit must be installed in the ID-4100E. microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage*
When used with a microSD card, you can store various information including voice memory, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data. Memory channels and other settings can be saved and loaded into the transceiver.
* A microSD card is required separately. Integrated GPS Receiver
The integrated GPS receiver shows your own position, course, speed and altitude on the display and can be used for exchanging position reports, D-PRS and searching for nearby repeaters. Wideband Receiver
The ID-4100E receives 118–174 and 230–550 MHz*. You can listen to airband, marine and other VHF and UHF utility communications.
* Working range not guaranteed. Selectable LCD and Key Backlight Colour
The backlight colour of the LCD and keys is selectable from white, green, amber or blue. Using the backlight night time setting function, the display backlight brightness can automatically be changed when the designated time comes. Other Features
• The QUICK key allows instant access to menus listing dedicated functions depending on mode
• Multiple scan functions for Memory/Bank scan, Full scan, Band scan, Program scan, Program link scan, Duplex scan Tone scan and DR scan
• 16 channels of DTMF memory (24-digit)
• CTCSS/DTCS signalling with the split tone functions (analogue mode)
• 8.33 kHz air band channel reception
• HM-207S remote-control hand microphone (supplied as standard) To download the most up to date cloning/programming files of Icom D-STAR radios and data files of UK D-STAR repeaters and reflectors visit: http://downloads.d-staruk.co.uk/.
- D-STAR Digital Voice and Data Communication
- New Access Point Mode and Terminal Mode
- Compact, Detachable Controller
- DR (D-STAR Repeater) Function
- Easy to Read Full Dot Matrix display
- DV/FM Near Repeater Search Function
- Applications for iOS and Android devices*
- Wireless operation with optional VS-3 Bluetooth Headset
- DV Fast Data Mode
- Integrated GPS Receiver
- Wideband Receiver
- Selectable LCD and Key Backlight Colour
- microSD Card Slot
Programming/cloning software for ID-4100E
Amateur radio Hand Microphone
Active noise cancelling hand microphone
Icom’s new ID-5100E VHF/UHF dual band D-STAR digital mobile transceiver enhances core features found in the celebrated IC-2820H mobile and incorporates the user-friendly technology found in the IC-7100. The radio features a large responsive touch screen and also integrated GPS, optional Bluetooth connectivity and support for Android devices.
Controller bracket for ID-4100 Dual Band D-Star Digital Transceiver
Suction cup mounting base for a variety of Icom mobile Amateur radios.
Mobile mounting bracket for a variety of Icom mobile Amateur radios.
Controller extension cable (3.5m)
Data communication cable (RS-232C type)
The OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable.
Microphone extension cable (5 metre)
USB Cloning Cable - 3.5mm plug type
Microphone adapter cable
Microphone extension cable (2.5m/8.2ft)
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
Android application for the ID-5100A/E series
The RS-MS1I (for iOS™ devices) enable you to wirelessly connect to the ID-4100E and remotely set the DR functions, link with a map application and send/receive messages over the DV mode.
Terminal/Access point mode application for Android
Terminal/Access point mode software for Windows PC
20W rated input power (30W max. input) external speaker
The SP-35 external speaker replaces the SP-22 or SP-25 external speakers currently supplied with some of our mobile radios. The SP-35 is very similar to the SP-22 or SP-25 but features a more stylish, modern design.
External Speaker with 6m cable
The UT-137 is an optional Bluetooth board for the ID-4100E Mobile radio.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
- Firmware Upgrades for the Icom IC-9700 and D-STAR range - 27/11/2019
- GB7IC D-STAR repeater, Reaches 3,000 D-STAR callsign registrations - 19/11/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- Icom UK D-STAR repeater, Reaches 2500 D-STAR callsign registrations - 13/03/2019
- Getting Involved in D-STAR - 01/02/2019
- See Icom’s Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2018 - 26/09/2018
- D-Star QSO Party 2018 Begins Saturday 22nd September 2018 00:00 (UTC) - 19/09/2018
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2018 - 24/07/2018
- New D-STAR Support Section on www.d-staruk.co.uk - 12/09/2017
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2017 - 16/08/2017
- ID-4100E Dualband D-Star Digital Mobile, New! - 14/06/2017
- Advice on Setting up Your D-STAR Access Point - 31/05/2017
- D-STAR LIVE, Your D-STAR Questions Answered! - 14/03/2017
- Icom Provide Details of ID-4100E D-STAR VHF/UHF Mobile Radio - 01/03/2017