IC-F3400D/F4400D Digital Two Way Radio Series The IC-F3400/F4400D is the evolution in Icom’s two way digital business handportable range. This new radio series incorporates cutting edge design, superb performance and a comprehensive range of features including built-in GPS and Bluetooth, ‘Active Noise Cancelling’ technology, digital voice playback and an USB port for easy programming and data transfer. Available in three versions for VHF and UHF each radio features a high-resolution colour LCD in a compact, waterproof body. A flexible communication solution, suitable for any organisation’s needs! IC-F3400/F4400D, 6 versions available
The IC-F3400/F4400D two way radio series is available in VHF and UHF in three different formats to suit different customer requirements. They are:
• No display – IC-F3400D (VHF) /IC-F4400D (UHF)
• Display with simple keypad – IC-F3400DS (VHF) /IC-F4400DS (UHF)
• Display with full numeric keypad – IC-F3400DT (VHF) /IC-F4400DT (UHF) High-Resolution Colour LCD
The high-resolution trans-reflective colour LCD provides great visibility in both natural and indoor lighting. Functions and menu items are clear. A night mode LCD setting is available for use at night or in low lighting conditions. ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) Technology
The ANC assists in providing clear communication, cancelling out undesired background noise. Digital Voice Recording
IC-F3400/F4400D series can record incoming and outgoing communications, and replay recorded communications. When a 32 GB microSD* card is used, a maximum of 500 recording hours is possible. The recorded audio is saved in “wav” format, allowing it to be replayed on the radio or a PC.
* MicroSD card is required separately. Built in GPS Receiver
Position data can be sent with ‘voice call’ or ‘status call’ and can also be used with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system. The GPS log functions logs user position data at regular intervals and can be saved to a microSD card. The radios can show direction and distance to another radio or specified point and can notify you with a beep sound if the target is in the specified range. Small, Slim, Compact Body
New engineering techniques including the use of a custom SoC (System-on-a-Chip) and flat sheet keypad have made the radio’s body as compact as possible. The slim dimensions together with reduced power consumption, allow for a thinner battery pack. Waterproof, Dust-tight with AquaQuake™ Function
The handheld radios in this range are IP68 waterproof and dust-tight protection (1m depth for 1 hour). They also incorporate an AquaQuake draining function which dispels water by emitting a vibrating buzz sound. Motion/Stationary Detection Sensors
An emergency button and five emergency-related functions are incorporated (man down, motion detection, stationary detection, lone worker and power OFF emergency functions). The motion/ stationary sensor sensitivity level is programmable in 10 levels for each function. Built-in Bluetooth®
The built-in Bluetooth module provides remote operation and hands-free communication when paired with a third-party Bluetooth headset*. When connected with Bluetooth telemetric devices or PC terminals, data files can be wirelessly transferred.
* Available functions depend on paired Bluetooth devices. Trunking Upgrade*
The IC-F3400D series is compatible with IDAS digital conventional mode and analogue FM mode with auto sensing function. The radios can be upgraded to NXDN Type-D multi-site trunking mode with a license key.
* Requires licence key upgrade Vibration Alert
When a call from a specific user is received, the handheld radio will vibrate enough to be felt through heavy clothing. Vibration patterns are programmable. Voice Announcement
The radios can notify channel number, zone and channel type with a voice announcement. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments without having to look at the radio. OTAP and OAA*
For efficient radio programming, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programming data (for example adding a new repeater) over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates the need to program the alias table.
* Requires licence key upgrade DES/AES Encryption with OTAR*
For added digital communication security, the radios provide basic 4-key DES encryption as standard. When used with the optional UT-134 encryption unit the 256-bit AES encryption and OTAR function are available. The OTAR function allows updating of encryption keys over the radio channel. * Requires licence key upgrade Transparent Data Modem Facility
The radios can be used as a transparent data modem and can transmit various data at 9600 bps over the radio channel using 12.5 kHz channel spacing. License Key Upgrade
The radios functions and protocols can be upgraded and customised to meet specific needs with various license key options. USB Port for PC Connection
The radios can be connected to a PC through a USB port for programming and accessing the installed microSD card in mass storage mode. Audio Equalizer
The Audio equalizer allows you to tailor the audio tone to suit speech characteristics. Five types of tone controls are available (flat, high boost, middle boost, low boost and low cut). The audio auto gain control function controls the speech audio to a constant, regardless of the input magnitudes of the voice or distance of the microphone from the mouth. Multiple Languages
Functions and menu items can be shown in local languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Simplified Chinese fonts. In addition, voice announcements can be recorded and changed for output in these languages. General Features
• 136–174 MHz, 380–470 MHz wide frequency coverage
• 1024 memory channels with 128 zones
• 32 memory channels (IC-F3400D series only)
• MIL-STD rugged construction
• 14-pin ACC connector with BTL amplifier output
• VOX (Voice Operated transmission) function - VS-5MC required.
• Internal clock
• High-speed scanning for voting and multi-site operation
• Tactical group function for temporary regroup user groups with optional zone copy cable
• Normal, priority and voting scan IDAS™ Features
• IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional
• Type-D single-site trunking and multi-site trunking*
• 6.25 kHz & 12.5 kHz channel spacing
• Analogue/Digital conventional mixed mode operation
• Text message
• Call alert
• Radio check
• Radio Stun/Revive/Kill • Remote monitor
* Type-D multi-site trunking is a license key upgrade option. Analogue FM Mode Features
• 5-tone, CTCSS and DTCS built-in
• DTMF autodial and DTMF decode
• Audio compander
• Inversion voice scrambler
- High Resolution Colour LCD
- ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) Technology
- Digital Voice Recording
- Built in GPS Receiver
- Small, Slim, Compact Body
- Waterproof, Dust-tight with AquaQuake™ Function
- Motion/Stationary Detection Sensors
- Built-in Bluetooth®
- Trunking Upgrade
- Vibration Alert
- OTAP and OAA
- DES/AES Encryption with OTAR
- Transparent Data Modem Facility
- USB Port for PC Connection
Allows you to use third party accessories with 6-pin Hirose plug.
Charger Adapter for BP-283/BP-284 batteries.
6 way charger. Charges up to six BP-279 battery packs in 2.5 hours (approx.)
The BC-219 is a desktop fast charger for use with the IC-F52D and IC-F3400D series of radios.
Connectable type charger (connects up to six BC-226 units).
Li-ion battery pack - 7.2V (2010mAh (typ.) 1910mAh (min.)) 10 hours (Approx.)
Li-ion battery pack 7.2V (3210mAh (typ.) 3070mAh (min.)) 16 hours (Approx.)
CS-OTPM1 OTAP (Over-The-Air-Programming) Manager
The FA-S67VC is a flexible VHF (136-174MHz) curt antenna.
The FA-S76UC UHF (380-520MHz) cut antenna can be used with the Icom IC-F4400 UHF handportable radio.
The FA-S82U is a portable UHF (430-480MHz) antenna.
The FA-S82US is a UHF (450-490MHz) stubby antenna for the Icom IC-F4400.
The FA-S83V is a VHF (160-174MHz) straight antenna for the IC-F3400.
The FA-S83VS is a VHF (160-174MHz) stubby antenna.
The HM-222 is a waterproof remote speaker microphone.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Leather Case (For IC-F3400DT/DS, IC-F4400DT/DS)
Leather Case (For use with IC-F3400D, IC-F4400D)
- Licenced Two Way Radio System
This is the general-purpose peer to peer application for all forms of licenced PMR use.
- Licenced Two Way Radio System Linked by Repeaters
This is the standard licenced PMR version that includes all base station and repeater functionality allowing interfaces via gateways (Telephone, IP etc).
Alligator style belt clip
Leather Belt Hanger. Swivel Type
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Fixed long leather belt hanger
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Zone Copy Cable. Handheld to handheld cable
Zone Copy Cable (Mobile to handheld cable)
DC lead for battery chargers
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
AES/DES Encryption Unit
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
PTT Switch Cable. Required when using any of these headsets: HS-94, HS-95 & HS-97.
PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
Presented by Matt Richards (Commercial Sales Executive), this video gives an overview of Icom’s next generation of IDAS digital two-way radios which include the IC-F3400D handheld series (available in three different display options) and the IC-F5400D mobile series (available in two display options). Matt also gives an explanation of the series’ many features including active noise cancelling, voice recording, built-in GPS, man-down/lone worker functions, vibration alert, voice announcement, built-in Bluetooth and many, many more. Stubby antenna is an option when ordering model.
- Latest Knowledge Base Article: Why consider Two-Way Radio for Social Distancing? - 06/03/2021
- Icom LTE and Satellite Radio Solutions on Show at FCS Business Radio 2019 - 06/10/2019
- Introducing the Icom VE-PG4 Radio Gateway, Providing Seamless Multi-Protocol Connectivity - 26/06/2019
- Check out Icom’s New Innovative BC-226 Multi Charger - 12/04/2018
- View Three New IDAS Two Way Business Radio Videos on our YouTube Channel - 12/12/2017
- IC-F52D/F62D Digital Two Way Radio Series. Compact, Waterproof & Advanced Features! - 29/11/2017
- New Knowledge Base Article: Introducing Icom’s next generation IDAS Two Way Business Radios! - 26/10/2017
- Icom to Exhibit New Digital Two Way Radio Products at FCS Business Radio 2017 - 18/10/2017
- Check out our New IDAS Two Way Digital Business Radio Microsite! - 04/10/2017
- New IDAS Digital Two Way Business Radio Series - 13/09/2017
- FDMA vs. TDMA Digital Two Way Radio Technology. Download Icom’s Whitepaper - 13/09/2017
- New Knowledge Base Article: The Importance of Two Way Radio Communication for Hotels - 12/10/2016