IC-F4029SDR Professional Digital Licence Free Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-F4029SDR professional digital licence-free transceiver utilises the latest 6.25kHz ultra narrow digital voice technologies, providing digital clarity, razor sharp signalling performance and a level of secrecy from less congested dedicated digital PMR channels. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, please visit the IC-F29DR2 Waterproof Licence Free Digital Business Radio product page. DIGITAL PMR 446 FEATURES
The IC-4029SDR utilizes 4FSK/FDMA modulation and 6.25kHz digital narrow channel spacing, which is half the channel spacing of the existing analogue PMR 446 system. This way, the 100kHz band width allocated for digital PMR 446 is efficiently divided into 16 channels, or twice the current analogue voice channel capacity making this product incredibly spectrum efficient. A Path From Analogue PMR446 To Digital PMR446
By changing the channel setting, the IC-F4029SDR can be used on existing analogue PMR446 channels. This provides users with an upgrade path from analogue PMR446 to digital PMR446 in one unit. Being analogue/digital compatible, any businesses or private users currently using analogue PMR446 can begin replacing their analogue radios with IC-F4029SDR and enjoy digital quality as well as relief from congested spectrum. 32-Status Messages
32 codes of prefixed status messages can be sent and received. 16-character messages and 6 types of alert beeps sound that for call reception, are programmable for each message. “Common ID” Group Code
This function is similar to an analogue CTCSS/DTCS code. By setting 1–254 common ID codes, the IC-F4029SDR opens its squelch only when a matched code is received. It provides quiet stand-by and group call functions while sharing a channel with several groups. The code “255” is the fixed code for an all stations call. Security of Digital Voice
‘Eavesdropping’ by current scanner receivers is impossible at this stage. Since there are no other competing radios, initial users will have a high level of security in digital voice communication mode. Additional Digital Features
• Group call functions (up to 254 digital codes available)
• Programmable 32 status message of up to 16 characters each can be sent to individual or group member radios when in digital mode. This is configurable by a PC. In addition to Icom default channel settings, other channel zones are preprogrammed to have matched settings with Kenwood and Motorola PMR446 models currently on the market. These radios can be sold to match Motorola/Kenwood current analogue configuration reducing the necessity to reprogram radios for customer’s fleets consisting of non- Icom radios. ANALOGUE PMR 446 FEATURES "Smart-Ring" & "Ringer" Function
The “Smart-Ring” function checks the availability of your group members within the operating range. The “Ringer” function is used for manually sending a ring tone instead of a voice call. 16 types of ringing tones are available. Tone Find Function
The tone find function allows you to find a tone used in a channel to decode a tone. Built-In CTCSS/DTCS
50 CTCSS tones and 84 DTCS tones provide quiet stand-by. DTCS inverse mode is also programmable. Lithium-Ion Battery Pack + Rapid Charger, Standard
The IC-F4029SDR series shares Lithium-Ion battery packs with the IC-F3062, IC-F3022, IC-F34G and IC-F15 series. The IC-F4029SDR series is supplied with the BP-231 1150mAh Li-Ion battery pack (provides 9 hours* of operating time) and BC-160 desktop rapid charger as standard. An optional BP-232 larger capacity battery pack and BP-230 economical battery packs are also available. Lithium-Ion batteries provide larger capacity and a longer operating time than a Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery pack and allow flexible charging without memory effect. Small & Lightweight Body
The IC-F4029SDR has a fixed type antenna and weighs just 280g (including BP-231). It measures only 53 x 195 x 32.5mm including the antenna. The aluminium die-cast chassis and polycarbonate casing combination is designed for durability. A rugged dual-rail guide chassis securely locks the battery to the back of the radio. Alphanumeric LCD
The IC-F4029SDR incorporates an 8-character 14 segment alphanumeric LCD. An automatic LCD backlight is employed for night-time operation. IC-F4029SDR Additional Features
• Shares the same battery packs and accessories as the IC-F15/F34 series
• Power on password
• 2-step Power save function
- A first in the market, professional digital licence free radio
- A Path from analogue PMR 446 to digital PMR 446 in one unit
- Fantastic audio quality
- Useful communication tool for light commercial users (initial users can benefit from security of digital voice)
- Compact, lightweight body
- High capacity lithium-Ion battery pack and rapid charger as standard
- 8-character alphanumeric display
- 32-status messages for digital PMR 446
- “Common ID” group code
- Existing analogue PMR 446 channels available with CTCSS/DTCS tones
- Optional headset provides hands-free operation
Charger adapter for use with BC-119N/121N.
Universal Icom Fast Charger
Six Way Rapid Multi Charger
AC adapter for BC-119N & BC-144
Desktop Rapid Charger designed to work with the Icom BP-230, BP-231 and BP-232 Li-ion battery packs.
Voltage/Capacity - 7.4V/800mAh Li-ion Battery
Voltage/Capacity - 7.4V/2000mAh Charge time (approx.) - 1.5 hours
Ear-piece for most Icom handhelds (3.5mm jack. RX only)
PMR Hand Microphone
PMR and Amateur radio hand microphone
Heavy-duty hand microphone.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Swivel belt clip
Alligator type belt-clip
Swivel type belt hangar for use with BP-208N, BP-209N, BP-210N, BP-211N, BP-222N battery packs.
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
Cloning cable (USB cable, PC to receiver)
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
Vox/PTT switch unit for use with the HS-94, HS-95, HS-96 & HS-97.
- Into the Future with Icom Digital Business Radio - 28/01/2011
- Powerboat P1 tunes in with Icom - 19/02/2010
- The Gadget Show's Wild Challenge Featuring The IC-F4029SDR - 19/11/2008
- IC-F4029SDR - Digital Radio Has Arrived. A New Era in Licence Free Communications - 22/06/2006
- New Commercial Two Way Radio Products from Icom! - 22/06/2006