IC-F51/F61 ATEX Series
IC-F51/F61 VHF/UHF Two Way Radios (ATEX version) The ATEX versions of the IC-F51 and F61, conforms to the 94/9/EC ATEX Directive. The IC-F51 series is a waterproof PMR two way radio whose construction is equivalent to IPX7 which is the same rating as our marine handheld models. In addition, built-in signalling capabilities and UT-110 compatible voice scrambler function eliminate the need for an optional logic board. The IC-F51 series meets the requirements for a tough, waterproof communications tool for use in hazardous areas such as oil rigs, areas where flammable gases or liquids are used, and other potentially explosive environments. * Equivalent to IPX7 of the corresponding International Standard IEC 60529(2001). 1 metre depth for 30 minutes. These ATEX approved IC-F51/F61 two way radios offers safety approved 2-way communication preventing explosion and fire hazard in specified hazardous areas. Approved classes
The approved rating is II2G EEx ib IIA T3. Special conditions for use:
• Must be used with BP-227AX Approved accessories:
• Speaker-microphone HM-138 Please ensure the IC-F51/F61 ATEX rating is acceptable for the intended place of use. These ATEX models have all the same functions and features as non-ATEX versions including; Waterproof construction
The IC-F51 series has waterproof construction which is equivalent to IPX7. The IC-F51 series can withstand submersion in 1m depth of water for up to 30 minutes. Tough and compact body
The aluminium die-cast chassis combined with a polycarbonate casing is designed to last. Its compact dimensions of 56 (W) x 97 (H) x 36 (D) mm allow the IC-F51 series to fit comfortably in your palm or shirt pocket. Standard Lithium-Ion battery pack
The IC-F51 series comes with a standard 1700mAh Lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-227AX that provides stable output power and a practical 13 hours* of operating time. Lithium-ion batteries allow flexible charging** and have almost no memory effect.
*Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty cycle=5:5:90
** Please note that ATEX radios should not be charged in Hazardous environments. Alphanumeric LCD
The IC-F51 features an 8-character 14 segment alphanumeric LCD. An automatic LCD backlight is standard, ideal for night time operation. Built-in signalling
The IC-F51 series has 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS signalling capabilities for group communication or selective calling as standard. Built-in rolling type voice scrambler*
The IC-F51 series has a built-in voice scrambler. The scrambling system is fully compatible with the UT-110 voice scrambler unit, which uses 1020 codes (255 codes x 4 groups.). In addition, an inversion type voice scrambler is available in all versions
* ATEX version has a built-in UT-110 compatible voice scrambler. Programmable functions
Up to 7 programmable buttons, [P0]–[P3], [▲], [▼],and [Red button] can be assigned additional functions to meet a variety of requirements. In addition, there is a space for function assign stickers below these buttons. Optional speaker microphone, HM-138
The optional speaker microphone, HM-138, also has waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7. The HM-138 is approved for use with ATEX models. IC-F51/F61 (ATEX version) Additional Features
- 12.5kHz channel step (VHF only)Wide/middle/narrow channel spacing
- Built-in compander (same as IC-F31G series and IC-F510 series)BIIS 1200 built-in
- SMA type ANT connector
- Up to 128 memory channels/8 memory banks
- MIL spec tested to MIL-STD F.
- 2 Versions available
- IC-F51 VHF Built-in Rolling Code Scrambler (136-174 MHz)
- IC-F61 UHF Built-in Rolling Code Scrambler (400-470 MHz)
- Supplied with BC-152 Slow Battery Charger, BC-01 Charger Adapter, BP-227AX Li-Ion Battery Pack, Antenna, MB-98 Belt Clip and Handbook
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 56 x 97x36.4 mm (projections not included)
- Weight (with BP-227AX) : 290g (approx.)
ATEX approved 7.2V/1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack
The FA-S27U is a UHF (400-470MHz) ATEX Antenna for use with the IC-F61 ATEX radio.
The UHF FA-S57US stubby antennas is designed for the IC-F51, IC-F61 and IC-M87 transceivers.
SMA type antenna (std)
The VHF FA-S63VS stubby antenna is designed for the IC-F51, IC-F61 and IC-M87 transceivers.
Antenna (136-150 MHz)
Waterproof Speaker Microphone (equivalent to IPX-7)
Swivel Belt Clip
Standard type belt clip
- Price Drop on Icom ATEX Two Way Radios - 24/07/2018
- New ATEX Radio Requirement for Firefighters Onboard Ship - SOLAS Regulation II-2/10 - 08/07/2016
- New Knowledge Base Article: What are ATEX two way radios and do I need them for my business? - 12/02/2016
- Icom ATEX two way radios get a great new, ‘ATEX BLUE’ look - 18/10/2012
- ICOM LAUNCH NEW RANGE OF COMMERCIAL ATEX RADIOS - 15/06/2005