IC-M35 Buoyant VHF Marine Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-M35 is a buoyant marine handheld transceiver that comes with a great new feature that all boat users will love - Clear Audio Boost! This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then visit the IC-M37E Buoyant VHF Marine Transceiver product page.Clear Voice Boost (Clear Voice + Voice Boost)
In marine environments there are many sources of noise that can affect the quality of your communications, such as engine noise, roar of the waves etc. The IC-M35 automatically adjusts the outgoing voice and the incoming audio to compensate for the ambient noise level: whether you're in a loud environment or in a quiet area, the IC-M35 ensures your radio conversation is sent and received as clearly as possible. LOUD Button
When you need an instant boost in the volume, a simple push of the LOUD button gives you full volume immediately. In addition, holding the LOUD button mutes the audio output. Noise Cancelling Microphone
The sub-microphone on the rear panel inverts phase and cancels out ambient noise from the main microphone. As a result, the IC-M35 reduces the affect of background noise (particularly trebly noise) from the transmitted signal and makes it easier to catch voice communication. Automatic Volume Adjustment
In a high noise environment, the sub-microphone detects the ambient noise and the IC-M35 automatically increases the volume output to suit the surrounding environment. 700mW Audio Output
The IC-M35 employs a bridge-tied load (BTL) audio amplifier to increase the audio output power. The internal speaker delivers a loud 700mW (typical) audio output with clear sound even in noisy environments. And Yes, it Floats Too!
Just like the IC-M33, the IC-M35 floats in the water. If the radio is dropped over the side, it will come to the surface so you can retrieve it. As the radio has a rugged, waterproof body, it will keep on working even after it has been submerged.
1m depth for 30 minutes, equivalent to IPX7. Please note that the IC-M35 is not designed to be used under the water. 6W RF Output With Low Power Consumption
Although the IC-M35 delivers a high 6W RF output and 700mW audio output, its current saving circuit offers 8 hours* of operating time with the supplied 980mAh Lithium-Ion battery pack.
* Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90 Large Buttons & Slim Dimensions
The IC-M35 has large, easy-to-operate buttons that provides intuitive operation. A slender design body makes it extremely natural to handle. Easy to See LCD With Large Channel Indication
The IC-M35 has an easy to see large LCD (32 x 16 mm) with a clear 2-digit channel number indication. The LCD is laid out on the top of the front panel not to be covered with your hand. LCD and key backlighting is standard for night time operation. Please Note:
The noise cancellation can produce little or no effect in some conditions depending on type of noise, or the position and distance between the noise source and the microphone, etc.
The noise cancellation does not work when an optional external speaker-microphone is connected. IC-M35 Additional Features:
• Keypad backlighting
• Waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes)
• Optional battery case for use with alkaline cells (The IC-M35 floats flat when this battery case is connected)
• Dual/Tri-watch functions
• 4-step battery life indicator
• Auto scan function
• Instant access to Ch 16 or programmable call channel
• Soft flexible antenna supplied
• Quick channel selection with Favourite channel function
• AquaQuake draining function
- Loud button for instant Maximum volume boost
- Noise cancelling microphone
- Automatic volume adjustment
- Floats in the water
- IPX7 waterproof protection (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- 6W RF output and 700mW audio
- Large buttons and slim design
- Easy to see LCD with large channel indication
- Optional speaker-microphone, HM-165
AC adapter for BC-119N & BC-144
Single desktop rapid charger
Regular trickle charger for Icom IC-M35 Marine VHF radio.
5 x AAA Alkaline Battery Case
980mAh 7.4V Lithium-Ion battery pack
The HM-165 waterproof speaker-microphone will float when attached to either the IC-M25EURO, IC-M33, IC-M35, IC-M37E, IC-M93D or IC-M94DE marine VHF radios.
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
USB Cloning Cable - 3.5mm plug type
- ProEquip PRO-P245-35WP
Black headset with inline mic/PTT. Features a D-shell earpiece.
- New Simple Headset for Icom Marine Handheld Radios - 10/08/2022
- Knowledge Base Article: Marine VHF Radio, an Important Safety Tool for Paddleboarders - 08/05/2021
- New Case Study: Award Winning Charter Business Uses Icom Radio for Training - 15/09/2020
- Check out our Latest Icom Marine Based Case Studies - 09/04/2019
- Read our Latest Icom Case Studies - 07/03/2019
- Read Our Latest Knowledge Base Article, Why Marine VHF Radios Are Important for The Aquaculture Sector - 01/11/2018
- Read Our Latest Knowledge Base Article: Why Should Personal Watercraft Users Use VHF Radios? - 01/11/2018
- See the latest Icom Marine Radio Products, and Great Show Offers at this year’s Southampton Boatshow - 15/08/2018
- Icom Support SUNUS Ocean Racing Circumnavigation Record Attempt - 07/02/2018
- Icom Marine VHF, Lost, Found and Good as New after Four Months! - 27/05/2015
- Great Offers and 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios and AIS Products at the London Boatshow 2015 - 08/01/2015
- Exclusive London Boatshow Offer - Icom Lifetime Battery Guarantee - 04/01/2012
- New Icom IC-M35 with Clear Audio Boost ….and of course, it floats! - 10/12/2008