IC-M423G VHF/DSC Marine Radio (With GPS Receiver) (Discontinued) The IC-M423G is an enhanced version of the IC-M423 fixed mount VHF/DSC and includes an integrated GPS Receiver which allows current position and time to be used for DSC calls. This new radio also has a striking new white backlight LCD which improves visibility, along with a smart looking new HM-205B Speaker-microphone which has a large 45mm diameter speaker. In addition, the optional HM- 195G COMMANDMIC also incorporates a white backlight LCD and laser-cut keypad. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then visit the IC-M423GE VHF/DSC Marine radio product page. NEW FEATURES Built-in GPS Receiver
The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and time and can be used for DSC calls. GPS data source is selectable from internal and external GPS (and GPS-OFF). White Backlight LCD and Laser-cut Keypad
The new white backlight LCD matches modern leisure boat design. New HM-205B/SW Speaker-Microphone
High grade speaker-microphone, HM-205B/SW is supplied with the IC-M423G. The HM-205B/SW has channel Up/Down, channel 16/call channel and transmit power (Hi/Low) buttons and large 45mm diameter speaker. RETAINED FEATURES (from IC-M423) Active Noise Cancelling
Using digital signal processing technology, the built-in active noise canceller reduces background noise to up to 90% in the received signal and 30% in the transmitting signal. Intuitive User Interface
The menu system provides easy and intuitive operation. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons. The directional keypad allows you to perform various operations and settings. 10W Loud Audio, Public Address & Foghorn
The IC-M423G has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an external PA speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the external PA speaker. Built-in Class D DSC
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls. AIS Target Call
When connected to an optional MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, the AIS target call function allows you to make an individual DSC call without having to manually input an MMSI number. MarineCommander Compatible
When connected to the MarineCommander, the received DSC message pops up on the multifunction display. IPX7 Submersible Protection (1.0m depth for 30 minutes)
The IC-M423G withstands submersion in up to 1.0m depth of water for 30 minutes. It is equivalent to the IPX7 standard. Other features
• NMEA 0183 connectivity
• AquaQuake™ draining function
• Favourite channel function
• Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
• Priority and normal scan
• Built-in attenuator for local communication
• Black and super white versions available
• This product comes complete with a simple plastic flush mount kit. Stainless steel flush mount kits are available as an option.
- Built-in GPS Receiver Simplifies Installation
- White Backlight LCD
- New HM-205B/SW Speaker-microphone
- New Optional HM-195GB/GW COMMANDMIC, with White Backlight LCD
- Active Noise Cancelling
- Intuitive User Interface
- 10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn Capability
- Built-in Class D DSC capability
- IPX7 Submersible Protection (1.0m depth for 30 minutes)
- HM-195B Command Mic IV
The optional HM-195 COMMANDMIC allows you to use the IC-M423/G, IC-M506 & IC-M400BB from a separate cabin or tower and can be positioned up to 18.3m (60ft) away from the radio.
The HM-195CMI is a compact black box interface that provides multi-station control between Icom VHF/DSC marine radios and two HM-195 Commandmics.
The optional COMMANDMIC, HM-195GB/GW, makes it convenient for using the IC-M423G from a separate cabin or tower. The COMMANDMIC can be positioned up to 18.3m (60ft) away from the IC-M423G/E.
Designed for Non- SOLAS vessels such as pleasure craft, workboats and small vessels, the MA-500TR is a compact, waterproof Class B AIS transponder that actively notifies other vessels of your exact position, thus increasing your safety at sea. The MA-500TR also has a dual channel receiver allowing boat owners to receive AIS information (both Class A and Class B AIS signals) on two channels simultaneously. This real-time information is then displayed on its large, backlit full dot-matrix display giving the boat owner real-time vessel traffic information thus aiding navigation and collision avoidance. The MA-500TR can work independently or connect with a PC or other marine network equipment. When connected to a compatible Icom VHF radio , an individual DSC call can be made easily from the MA-500TR.
Flush mount kit
Extension cable for HM-162B/SW/E (6m/20ft)
Video introducing two new marine VHF models that Icom UK launched on stand A071 at the London Boatshow 2015. The two new radios are new versions of Icom's existing IC-M323 and IC-M423 models, now with integrated GPS receivers. The new versions are called IC-M323G and IC-M423G and will run alongside the current range. The introduction of the internal GPS receiver will provide customers with simplified installation as no external GPS will be required.
- See the latest Icom Marine Radio Products, and Great Show Offers at this year’s Southampton Boatshow - 15/08/2018
- New Video: ‘What is ATIS and how to enable it on an ICOM marine radio?’ - 29/07/2016
- Second or Third station Radio Capability For Your Vessel with Icom UK’s Dual Station Upgrade Pack - 08/09/2015
- Icom IC-M423G VHF/DSC Marine Radio Awarded ‘Best Buy’ in Yachting Monthly Magazine Review. - 04/07/2015
- Icom’s Two Way radio solutions on show at Seawork 2015 - 12/06/2015
- New Icom VHF/DSC Fixed Models with Integrated GPS Receivers, Available Now! - 12/03/2015
- Introducing the IC-M423G VHF/DSC with Integrated GPS Receiver! - 09/01/2015
- New Range of Icom VHF Models Featuring Integrated GPS Receiver to be shown at METS Marine Trade Show - 18/11/2014