IC-A6E Portable VHF COM Transceiver (Discontinued) This new version of our popular IC-A6E is identical to its predecessor but now features 5W output power and 25kHz/8.33kHz dual channel spacing. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then please visit the IC-A25CE 8.33kHz/25kHz VHF COM Airband Transceiver page. Large Alphanumeric LCD
An easy to read a 6-character 14-segment alphanumeric LCD displays a variety of information clearly. Both the display and keypad are backlit, which is a very useful feature for use at night time. 25kHz/8.33kHz Dual Channel Spacing
In addition to the widely used 25kHz channel spacing the IC-A24E/A6E are also compatible with 8.33kHz channel spacing. Channel Recall Function
The new channel recall function automatically memorizes the last 10 used channels. You can easily recall those channels by pushing the recall buttons on the front panel. This makes it very convenient for switching between several channels at a time, such as NAV channels and COM channels. Simultaneous Operation & Charge From External Power Source
The IC-A6E has an external DC power jack that allows operation with the optional CP-20 cigarette lighter cable with DC-DC converter. This means that a battery pack can be simultaneously charged during operation. Dedicated 121.5MHz Emergency Key
A dedicated red emergency key programmed with a 121.5MHz homing frequency is equipped to give you extra confidence in the event of an emergency. Two Versions of The IC-A6E Are Available
A 'Sport' Pack is available combining the IC-A6E or IC-A24E transceiver with BP-208N AA Battery Case, CP-20 Cigarette Lighter Cable with DC-DC converter, MB-103 Belt clip, FA-B02AR antenna and handstrap. A 'Pro' Pack is available combining the IC-A6E or IC-A24E transceiver with BP-210N Ni-MH battery pack, OPC-499 Headset Adapter cable, BC-119N rapid desktop charger, AD-101 charger adapter, CP-20 Cigarette Lighter Cable with DC-DC converter, MB-103 Belt clip, FA-B02AR antenna and handstrap. To download the latest LA3 Radio Approval certificate in pdf format, click here.
- Two versions of each model are available. 'Sport' Pack and 'Pro' Pack.
- Compact, stylish design
- New channel recall function
- VOR navigation function (IC-A24 only)
- Dedicated 121.5MHz Emergency key (Programmed with 121.5MHz homing frequency)
- Water resistant (equivalent to IPX4)
- Simultaneous operation and charging from an external power source
- 200 alphanumeric memory channels with memory banks
- Side Tone function
- ANL function
- Battery packs and cases are compatible with Icom’s range of commercial radios.
Charger adapter for use with BC-119N/121N charger adapter.
Wall charger (230V/2pin)
Universal Icom Fast Charger
Six Way Rapid Multi Charger
AC adapter for BC-119N & BC-144
AC adapter for BC-197
AA Battery Case for the IC-A6E and IC-A24E
The BP-210N is a Ni-MH battery pack (7.2V/1650 mAh)
Cigarette Lighter Cable with DC-DC converter.
Standard Icom airband antenna.
The HM-234 is a microphone which is compatible with both the IC-A24E and IC-A6E Airband handportables.
Carrying case for IC-A24/A6
Alligator Type Belt clip
Swivel Belt Clip
Leather belt clip (Discontinued)
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
Cloning cable (USB cable, PC to receiver)
Headset adapter with PTT socket for Icom Aviation handhelds.
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
- Icom’s 8.33kHz Airband Product Range on Show at Aeroexpo 2018 - 02/06/2018
- 8.33kHz Airband Channel Spacing Changes. Where are we now? - 29/01/2018
- Icom UK’s 8.33kHz Airband Scrappage Scheme - 13/11/2017
- How can I tell if my Icom Airband radio is 8.33 kHz compliant? - 14/09/2017
- Icom Airband Buy Back and Cash Back Offers at Aeroexpo 2017 - 30/05/2017
- Icom 8.33kHz Airband Products on display at Aeroexpo 2017 - 25/05/2017
- New HM-234 microphone for IC-A24E/A6E Airband handportables - 17/05/2017
- Introducing Icom’s 8.33 kHz Airband VHF Radio Range - 21/03/2017
- 20% Rebate on 8.33 kHz capable Airband Radios - 22/02/2017
- Icom Partner 'Learning to Fly’ Project - 18/11/2016
- 8.33KHz Aviation Handheld Radios Approved for Operators of EASA Balloons, Dirigibles/Non-rigid Airships and Gliders - 26/11/2015
- Icom 8.33kHz Airband Radios to take off at Flyer Live 2015 - 18/11/2015
- 8.33 kHz versions of Icom IC-A6E and IC-A24E Aviation VHF Transceivers now approved in the UK - 29/11/2013
- New Icom IC-A6E/ A24E VHF Airband Transceivers now with 25 kHz/8.33 kHz Dual Channel Spacing! - 07/11/2012
- Icom Launch Next Generation of Avionics Handheld Radios - 14/04/2005