VE-PG4 RoIP Gateway Module The VE-PG4 is a versatile RoIP (Radio over IP network) gateway unit, which seamlessly interconnects LMR radios, LTE radios*, IP communication terminals, IP phone systems and external devices. In addition to the IP Network (LAN/WAN), the built-in LTE module (network coverage provided by a custom SIM card) provides virtually nationwide communication coverage.
*Icom custom SIM card required for LTE systems/use. All in One Package
The VE-PG4 includes built-in RoIP, SIP gateway, IP router, IP PBX and IP communication terminal controller functions, in one box. In comparison with a similar system combining several devices, installation and administration of the integrated VE-PG4 is much simpler. Call Recording to a USB Drive
Incoming/Outgoing calls can be recorded to an external USB device connected to the VE-PG4. Up to four recording settings are programmable. In addition, the 'Monitor' function transfers the received audio data to an intended device. Position and Status Information
GPS position and status information from the IP501H/IP501M LTE transceivers can be received and transferred to a PC to track the location of the radio users or a user in a vehicle.
* GPS mapping software is required for GPS data. Serial Pass-Through Function
The Serial Pass-through function enables you to connect a serial device to the VE-PG4 to extend the communication range between the connected device and a controller PC. The virtual serial port software for Windows® PC is supplied with the VE-PG4. SIP Server and IP-PBX Functions
The built-in simple SIP server enables you to assign IP phone numbers with extension groups. The VE-PG4 can be connected to external SIP server as a client. The following IP-PBX settings are programmable:
• Voice Phonebook
• DID (Direct Inward Dialing)
• Used with Panasonic KX-UT and KX-HDV series IP phones
• Call log
• Extension presence
• Phone number routing
• Outside line regulations
• Caller prioritisation
• External call limiting
• SIP conferencing Router Functions with VPN Tunnel
The VE-PG4 supports LAN, DHCP client, Static IP or PPPoE connections. The VPN function creates a secure IP tunnel connection over the Internet. Half-width 1U Form Design
The VE-PG4 occupies only half the width of a 19-inch rack. It can be functionally installed with repeaters, switching hubs and other equipment. LTE (4G)/3G antenna bases with 1.5 m (4.9 ft) of cable are supplied in case antennas need to be relocated for better reception. Online Firmware Update
The VE-PG4 supports automatic and online firmware update functions, for remote maintenance. Settings can be saved to a backup file, and easily restored. Management Features
• SYSLOG and SNMP
• Telnet and SSH
• Ping Test and Traceroute Test
• Abnormal condition monitoring, such as LAN port link-down and SIP server registration error
• Administrator password
• SNTP server
• Security slot Built-in Controller for the IP100H, IP Communication Terminal (Wireless LAN)
The VE-PG4 has a built-in IP100H IP communication terminal controller function that is capable of controlling up to 50 IP100H IP Communication Terminals. The IP100H can send and receive voice and pre-programmed text messages to the other units through the wireless LAN access points. The IP communication terminals are suitable for intra-building communication, which will communicate anywhere your network has Wireless LAN access. Easy System to Set Up
The VE-PG4 programs almost all terminal configurations over the air. Individual PC programming through a cable connection is not required.
- LTE (4G) and 3G network connection*
* Icom custom SIM card required.
- Wireless LAN transceiver controller built-in (equivalent to IP1000C function)
- Interconnection with IP phone
- IDAS Conventional and Type-D multi-site trunking connection
- Analogue radio system connection
Voice recording function to a USB drive*
*A USB drive required, not included
- External equipment, sensor connection
- VPN router function
Hand Microphone for PMR transceivers.
Hand microphone for IC-A120E
- IC-F3400D/F4400D Series
The IC-F3400/F4400D is the evolution in Icom’s two way digital business handportable range. This new radio series incorporates cutting edge design, superb performance and a comprehensive range of features including built-in GPS, ‘Active Noise Cancelling’ technology, digital voice playback and an USB port for easy programming and data transfer. Available in three versions for VHF and UHF each radio features a high-resolution colour LCD in a compact, waterproof body.
- IC-F5400D/F6400D Series
The IC-F5400/F6400D is a new generation of digital mobile two way radios from Icom. This new series incorporates cutting edge design, superb performance and a comprehensive range of features on a flexible, upgradable multi-protocol platform. The series is available in both VHF and with UHF with either a numeric or full colour high resolution LCD. Three mobile installations are available to suit almost any vehicle application.
The IC-SAT100 utilises SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk) which is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks.
The IC-SAT100M is the world’s first satellite PTT mobile radio that uses the Iridium satellite communication network. Designed to be used either in a building or installed in vehicles/vessels, the IC-SAT100 provides a global radio service to users with the push of a PTT (Press to Talk) button. It can be used as a communication tool in remote and isolated areas where there is no mobile phone or land based radio network infrastructure. Also, in the event radio or cellular network infrastructure may be rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, satellite communication can provide a stable and reliable backup solution.
- Integrating Icom Two Way Radio Technology
Various systems on this webpage can be interconnected in different ways. A commonly used product is the VE-PG4, a powerful RoIP (Radio over IP) Gateway that functions as a bridge to interconnect various devices on a radio network. The VE-PG4 allow organisations to interconnect different communications systems without limitations imposed by distance, security, or technology.
- IP100H IP Radio/Handset
Despite its size, Icom’s compact IP100H WLAN/IP radio, is a powerful radio packed with many features.
- IP501M LTE/PoC Mobile Radio
The IP501M is a new LTE/PoC mobile radio to complement Icom's IP501H/IP503H LTE radio handheld counterpart. Designed to be installed in a vehicle, the IP501M will provide a straight forward, easy to use communication tool allowing drivers* with nationwide and European** PTT radio coverage using the LTE/4G and 3G network.
- IP503H LTE/PoC Radio/Handset
The IP503H is a small, lightweight LTE/PoC radio handset that offers licence free nationwide coverage over the 4G/LTE network. The IP503H is ideal for transmitting over long and short distances or areas where conventional radio is not feasible or is too costly.
- IP730D/ IP740D Hybrid LTE/Digital Two Way Radio Series
The IP730D series from Icom is a new Hybrid radio that can provide nationwide coverage over LTE networks as well as conventional VHF/UHF professional radio mode (IDAS digital/Analogue radio modes) to work locally. The versatility of having two technologies (LTE & IDAS Digital PMR) merged into one, provides a range of options and applications for industries ranging from event and facility management to large utility infrastructure projects.
5m (16.4ft) cable for the IC-M605EURO VHF marine transceiver. Waterproof 8-pin connector.
5m audio connection cable for the IC-A110E, IC-A120E and IC-F5062 series. RJ-45 modular plug connector with speaker plug.
5m audio connection cable for the HM-152 or SM-26. Modular jack connector with speaker jack.
5m (16.4ft) cable for a serial device with RS-232 connector.
The RC-FS10 is an IDAS conventional IP network upgrade and remote communicator. The IDAS conventional IP network links up to 16 IDAS conventional repeaters via an IP network and can extend an organisations communication range to virtually anywhere. The RC-FS10 remote communicator package creates an IP-based virtual radio and works like a simple dispatcher. The IDAS IC-F3162 and IC-F5062 series of radios (with UT-126H IDAS digital unit installed), can be used in the IDAS conventional IP network without hardware or firmware modification.
- RMS-IP LTE Radio Dispatcher
RMS-IP is a powerful IP based PC dispatcher that not only allows you to manage your Icom LTE radio network but also serves as an additional virtual radio on your system. RMS-IP enables a controller to communicate with your team, monitor all radio activity in real-time and ultimately manage your day to day business issues more efficiently. As part of Icom's LTE radio system, RMS-IP provides an important addition to your licence free, nationwide, full-duplex communication network.
The SM-26 desktop microphone is an affordable Icom desktop microphone for the Private Mobile Radio market.
Phil Holmes, Technical System and Support Engineer provides a simple overview and demonstration of the VE-PG4 RoIP (Radio over IP) Gateway. The demonstration shows the VE-PG4 interconnecting the IP503H LTE radio, IP110H IP radio and the IC-F4400D Digital UHF radio.
- Introducing the Icom IP110H Compact Licence Free IP/ WLAN Business Radio Solution - 24/05/2022
- Icom Launches Innovative Hybrid LTE/Licenced Professional Two Way Radio - 14/07/2021
- New Case Study: Icom Two-Way Radio Solutions Assist Jaguar Land Rover Global Drive Team - 28/03/2021
- Introducing Two New Videos Focussing on Icom's Latest LTE and RoIP Products - 13/01/2021
- New Case Study: 2CL, Providing Professional, Dependable Communication to the UK Events Industry - 14/12/2020
- RMS-IP LTE/PoC Radio Dispatcher, Now Available! - 16/09/2020
- Introducing the IC-SAT100M Satellite PTT Mobile radio - 28/07/2020
- Find out more about Icom’s New LTE Radio System with our Knowledge Base Articles - 07/06/2020
- Icom LTE and Satellite Radio Solutions on Show at FCS Business Radio 2019 - 06/10/2019
- Latest Video: Icom IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT - 09/09/2019
- Latest Video: ‘Introduction to the Icom LTE/PoC Two Way Radio System’ - 09/09/2019
- Icom LTE Radio Solutions on Display at LAMMA 2020 (Stand 17.616) - 01/09/2019
- Icom to Showcase New Radio Products at the Emergency Services Show - 29/08/2019
- Icom IC-SAT100 PTT Satellite Radio, Available Now! - 10/07/2019
- Introducing the Icom VE-PG4 Radio Gateway, Providing Seamless Multi-Protocol Connectivity - 26/06/2019