IC-M421 Combined DSC/VHF VHF Marine Transceiver (Discontinued) Compact in size and easy to use, the white IC-M421 DSC/VHF transceiver is ideal for pleasure craft, small commercial fishing boats or any user that require Class D DSC equipped radio. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then please visit the IC-M330GE Compact VHF/DSC Marine Transceiver product page. JIS Grade 7 Waterproof Protection
The IC-M421, including the microphone, has waterproof protection, equivalent to JIS waterproof specification grade 7 *.
Equivalent to IPX7 of the corresponding international standard IEC 60529 (2001). 1m depth for 30 minutes. Compact
The IC-M421 is extremely compact measuring only 164(W) x 78(H) x 139.5(D) mm. Built-in Class D DSC
The IC-M421 has a built-in Ch 70 (DSC channel) receiver, which monitors activity, even while you are receiving another channel. When in an emergency situation, an automated distress call can be sent with a touch of a button. Digital Selective Calling Features
The DSC uses a unique ID (MMSI code) similar to a telephone number. So you can make a contact with intended ID station or group directly or all ships in the area. When connected to an external GPS receiver, the position request and position report functions allow you to exchange ship's position information. The polling (request/reply) function checks whether a specific ship is in communication range. A total of 100 address IDs can be programmed with 10-character address name and up to 40 received DSC messages (20 distress and 20 other calls) can be stored. Large LCD With Dot-Matrix Characters
The IC-M421 has full dot-matrix display with up to 168-character capability that allows you to see a host of information such as channel number, channel name, position and DSC data etc. With the backlit display, the large buttons and knobs, the IC-M421 is easy to operate. Loud Speaker Audio
The IC-M421 has a large speaker grille, which gives excellent audio quality from the front-mounted speaker. This results in clear reception, even over wind or engine noise.
- Powerful, compact, combined fixed VHF/DSC
- Durable, stylish and compact design
- JIS7 equivalent waterproof construction. *1m depth for 30 minutes;
- Simple to use operation with a large, user-friendly key layout.
- Built in Class D DSC capability. Separate Ch.70 receiver built in. One push distress call operation.
- NMEA Input for GPS receiver connection. NMEA 0183 version.: 2.0 or 3.01. Sentence formats: RMC, GGA, GNS, GLL.
- Programmable channel comment. Automatically scrolls when more than 8 characters are programmed.
- Dual/Tri watch plus multiple scans as in the rest of the Icom marine range.
- Large backlit LCD with easy to read characters. Full dot LCD allows up to 126 (6 lines x 21 characters) to be displayed.
- Improved standard hand-mic and speaker performance for clear voice transmission and audio.
- Large front mounted speaker for crisp and clear audio.
- External speaker connection possible.
- Optional 3 year warranty for end user
- 2-step power saver function
- Supplied remote function microphone for convenient channel and transmit power selection
- Up to 70 programmable channels
- Simple and easy tag scanning system
- Dual watch and Tri-watch functions
- Low voltage indicator for low battery alert
- UK marina channels included 25W or 1W output power
- Icom UK Sponsors Powerboat Team Fox! - 20/05/2009
- ICOM helps local youth to Sail His Dream - 16/06/2008
- Icom provide Radio Communications to Portsmouth Volunteer Harbour Patrol - 19/07/2006
- Icom IC-M421 Combined DSC/VHF receives Sailing Today award - 09/01/2006
- Icom IC-M421 Combined Marine DSC/VHF receives Yachting Monthly Award - 28/09/2005
- Icom receive top awards from Dive Magazine - 08/06/2005
- Icom receive MBY awards - 29/04/2005
- IC-M421 - One Powerful, Compact Class D DSC Radio - 01/09/2004