IC-M603 VHF/DSC Marine Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-M603 VHF/DSC marine transceiver is the direct successor to the award winning IC-M601E and provides unrivalled features and performance. The optional HM-162 allows for full remote control of all the built-in Class D DSC functions of the IC-M603, as well as providing intercom capabilities and other remote functionality including foghorn and a loud hailer. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, please visit the IC-M605EURO Multi Station VHF/DSC Radio with AIS Receiver product page. Commandmic Allows Operation of All Functions: DSC, Hailer & Foghorn
The optional HM-162 COMMANDMIC™ provides 2nd station capability. The HM-162 features slim dimensions and a sizeable LCD. By using the central jog dial you can operate all functions of the IC-M603 including DSC operation, loud hailer and foghorn from remote locations such as the cockpit or fly bridge up to a maximum distance of 18.3m* (60ft), Two Commandmic III’s can be used with the IC-M603 and intercom is possible between Commandmic’s and between radio microphone and Commandmic.
*Requires use of two optional OPC-1541 extension cables. 30 Watt 2-Way Hailer Capability
When connected to an external hailer horn, communication with other boats, deck or dock hands is easy. The built-in 30W amplifier increases your talk power making your message loud and clear. Four fog horn patterns are available for the automatic fog horn. Superior Receiver Performance
The IC-M603 has excellent receive specifications* which allows weak signals a better chance of being heard over engine or other background noise. The powerful 5.0W (typical) audio output from the front facing speaker further increases the audibility and quality of received calls.
* More than 75dB for intermodulation rejection, spurious response and adjacent channel selectivity, and –6dBµ (typical) high sensitivity. Waterproof Construction (1m Depth for 30 Minutes)
The IC-M603, including the supplied microphone, withstands submersion in up to 1m depth of water for 30 minutes (equivalent to IPX7 waterproofing.*)
*except cables Built-in ITU Class-D DSC
No matter what channel you’re tuned to, a separate and independent receiver inside the IC-M603 continuously monitors Ch. 70. The 10 button keypad allows simple and efficient operation of the DSC emergency functions, vital for your safety at sea. Position Request & Position Report
Over and above the DSC, your own and other ships’ position data can be exchanged with the position request or position report functions. The received position information can be transferred to external GPS or navigation equipment*. In addition, the polling (request/ reply) function checks whether a specific ship is within the communications range.
*NMEA 0183 format is required. Improved GPS Information Indication
When connecting to an external GPS receiver, the GPS information indication function shows course and speed data as well as position, date and time on the display. High Resolution LCD with Clear, Easy to Read Characters
The large full dot-matrix display is designed for optimum readability in any lighting condition. With the extra large font, the channel number is maximised on the display and upper and lower case characters can be easily read. Front & Rear Panel Microphone Connection
The speaker microphone can be detached from the front panel and can be connected to the rear panel without any modification. An optional 6.1m (20ft) microphone extension cable, OPC-1000 is available. RX Speaker Function
The RX speaker function, “receiver-repeater” allows you to monitor the received radio audio from a hailer horn on the deck or tower. You can also make an announcement onboard from the microphone. Favourite Channel Function
This function allows quicker channel selection. Set the “TAG” channel to the channels used most often. When pushing the up/down buttons on the speaker microphone, only tagged channels are selected and untagged channels are skipped. In addition, the “TAG” scanning function detects only tagged channels. IC-M603 Additional Features
• Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
• Backlit LCD and keypad are adjustable in 7 levels
• Optional voice scrambler, UT-112 for private communication
• 70 programmable channels
• Low voltage indicator
• AquaQuake draining function emits a vibrating sound and clears water away from the speaker grill
- Built in ITU Class D DSC operation (specification M493-10 to M493-11).
- IPX7 Waterproof construction (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Stylish, ergonomically designed body
- High resolution LCD with clear, easy to read characters.
- HM-162 Commandmic III allows you to operate all functions including all DSC functions, intercom, hailer and foghorn from remote station.
- Up to two Commandmic III’s can be used with the IC-M603. Intercom is possible between Commandmic’s and between radio microphone and Commandmic.
- 30 Watt 2-way hailer capability.
- RX Speaker function allows you to receive audio from your hailer
- Front and rear panel microphone connection.