ID-31E PLUS UHF D-STAR Digital Transceiver (Discontinued) The ID-31E PLUS UHF digital D-STAR handportable provides a great jumping on point into the fabulous world of D-STAR Digital Amateur Radio. This radio will allow you to communicate digitally with other enthusiasts across the worldwide network of connected repeaters and internet gateway. Or if you prefer, you can just use it as a regular conventional analogue radio. Easy Operation
Just select the destination repeater in “To” and a nearby repeater in “From”, and you are ready to call other D-STAR stations. Minimum action required with the simple user interface and DR (D-STAR Repeater) function. Share Pictures and Text Messages
Pictures and text messages on an Android device can be transmitted over D-STAR network using the RS-MS1A application. Data can be sent quicker in the DV Fast Data mode. IPX7 Waterproof, Compact, Lightweight and Tough
With Icom’s pioneering IPX7 waterproofing and pro-grade construction, the ID-31E PLUS is perfect for your shack or playing in harsh outdoor environments. D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the world’s leading amateur radio digital format. The ID-31E PLUS makes D-STAR calls with digital clarity through a worldwide connected repeater network, or over an Internet gateway, as well as conventional FM calls. DV/FM Repeater Search Function
The DV/FM near repeater search function assists you in accessing nearby repeaters, even in areas you are visiting for the first time. This function searches for nearby repeaters using the repeater memories with GPS position information.
To use the near repeater search function, the exact position data of the repeater is required. The ID-31E PLUS will be shipped with D- STAR repeater memories preprogrammed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be entered or exact. Integrated GPS Receiver
Shows your current location and altitude on display, and offers location reporting and automatic reply functions in the DV mode. GPS log can be saved in a microSD card. Access Point Mode
The Access Point mode enables another D-STAR transceiver to make D-STAR gateway calls through an ID-31E PLUS connected to the Internet. Terminal Mode
By connecting the ID-31EPLUS to the Internet through a Windows® PC or Android™ device, the Terminal mode enables you to use a D-STAR repeater to make D-STAR gateway calls. Note for the terminal mode and Access point mode
• Before operating in the Terminal mode or the Access Point mode, BE SURE to check your local regulations or laws.
• An optional free download software, RS-MS3W is required to be installed in a PC. An optional free download application, RS-MS3A is required to be installed in the Android™ device.
• You need an Internet connection with an IPv4 Global IP address. If you use a cellular system, you need an IPv4 Global IP address assigned to your Windows® or Android™ device.
• When operating in the Access Point mode, you need two call signs. One for the Access Point transceiver and one for the Remote D- STAR transceiver.
• For the Access point or Terminal mode operation, you must register your MY and Access point call signs with a Gateway repeater/server that has the RS-RP3C installed. Other Features
• Voice Recorder function
• Transmit and repeat voice memory (60 sec. × 1 memory.)
• 200 GPS memory channels (including altitude data)
• CI-V commands added, such as the GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings
• GPS transmitting mode and low-speed data communication can be used at the same time (DV mode)
• GPS data output
• Call sign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
• Enhanced D-PRS functions
• Skip settings for scanning
• Direct transmission of DTMF code
• 5 W maximum output power and five selectable transmit power levels
• A total of 1302 memory channels, including 750 D-STAR repeater memories
• Speech function announces frequency, mode and call sign
• microSD card slot
- Get involved with the world's leading digital Amateur radio network.
- Communicate digitally across a worldwide network of connected repeaters or internet gateway….or just use as a conventional analogue
- Search nearby repeaters with DV/FM repeater search function
- Share pictures and text messages on an Android device using the RS-MS1A
- Shows your current location and altitude with integrated GPS receiver
- Voice recorder function
- IPX7 waterproof, compact, lightweight and robust body
- PLUS …many more features!
Antenna connector adapter. Converts from a SMA to a BNC.
BC-02/II 12V 300MA Charger (BC-73E/BC-74E)
Rapid desktop charger. Charges the BP-271 in 2 hours (approx.) inc. BC-06 AC adapter.
The BC-202IP3L is a new multi-connectable rapid charger for Icom’s range of IP/LTE radios and selected Amateur radio products.
Li-Ion battery pack. 7.4V/1150mAh (min.), 1200mAh (typ). Operating time: 4.5 hours in FM and DV mode (Typical operation in 1:1:8 duty cycle). Same as supplied.
Li-ion battery pack 7.4V/1880mAh (min.), 2000mAh (typ.) Li-ion battery. Operating 8 hours in FM mode and 7.5 hours in DV mode. (Typical operation in 1:1:8 duty cycle)
Battery case (LR6 (AA) × 3)
The BP-307 is a high capacity 7.2V / 3350mAh (typ.) Li-Ion battery pack.
Cigarette lighter cable with noise filter (Right Angle Plug)
Durable type earphone microphone with slim L-type connector
Light type earphone microphone with slim L-type connector
The HM-183LS is a waterproof speaker microphone for selected Icom IP, LTE and D-STAR handsets.
Compact type speaker microphone with slim L-type connector.
Remote control speaker microphone with slim L-type connector.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Carry Case for use with ID-31E.
Alligator Style Belt Clip for use with the Icom ID-31E & ID-51E D-STAR handportables
Plug adapter cable. OPC-2006LS is required when using the HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97
Slim L-type plug adapter cable (Regular 2-pin connectors to slim L-type 2-pin connectors)
The OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable.
DC Power lead with fuse
The RS-MS1A (for Android™ devices) allows your Android device to wirelessly connect to a D-STAR transceiver and remotely set DR functions, link with a map app and send/receive messages in DV mode.
Terminal/Access point mode application for Android
Terminal/Access point mode software for Windows PC
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
- Enhance Your D-STAR Experience With iOS/Android Apps! - 17/09/2021
- Introducing the BP-307 High Capacity Li-Ion battery pack - 06/10/2020
- Introducing the Icom BC-202IP3L Multi-connectable Rapid charger - 23/09/2020
- Firmware Upgrades for the Icom IC-9700 and D-STAR range - 27/11/2019
- GB7IC D-STAR repeater, Reaches 3,000 D-STAR callsign registrations - 19/11/2019
- See Icom's Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2019 - 29/08/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- Icom UK D-STAR repeater, Reaches 2500 D-STAR callsign registrations - 13/03/2019
- Getting Involved in D-STAR - 01/02/2019
- See Icom’s Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2018 - 26/09/2018
- D-Star QSO Party 2018 Begins Saturday 22nd September 2018 00:00 (UTC) - 19/09/2018
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2018 - 24/07/2018
- Icom ID-31E PLUS – A Great Entry Point into D-STAR - 16/04/2018
- New D-STAR Support Section on www.d-staruk.co.uk - 12/09/2017
- Icom IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz Prototype transceiver Shown at Tokyo Hamfair - 01/09/2017
- New HM-183LS Waterproof Speaker Microphone for IP100H, ID-51E and ID-31E - 29/06/2016