IC-F12/F22 VHF/UHF Commercial Two Way Radio Handheld (Discontinued) Four transceivers make up this family of products. The series is divided into the IC-F12 (16 channel) and IC-F12(S) (2 channel) for VHF and the IC-F22 (16 channel) and IC-F22(S) (2 channel) for UHF. The 16 channel models can be selected by a simple rotary knob whilst the 2 channel option can be selected by a simple switch at the top of the radio. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then please visit the IC-F1000/F2000 VHF and UHF Commercial Transceivers product page. Simplicity is the key behind the design of these transceivers so users will require little training. There are only three controls; transmit button, volume control and channel selector. This simple interface makes it ideal for high turnover environments and shift work where the radio is constantly passed from person to person. For the retail environment the IC-F12/22(S) is especially useful allowing management and employees to keep in touch without the interruption of a public address system or the expense and complication of a mobile phone. Customer enquiries, inventory checks and special goods handling can be speeded up, providing better service to customers and increasing productivity. The transceivers are extremely lightweight and easy to carry. With a slim-line, curved casing the transceiver fits comfortably in the hand. Durability has been built in as the new series meets tough US Military standards, MIL-810C, D and E for shock and vibration. These factors combine to provide high reliability, even in the toughest environments. Although simplicity is the watchword for this radio, expansion to larger systems is provided for as the range supports multiple signalling and flexible selective calling. All models feature CTCSS and DTCS encode/decode and 5-tone encode/decode as standard. The radios are capable of delivering 5 watts of RF power for VHF or 4 watts of RF power for UHF.
- Ideal for first time users or those who wish to upgrade from SRBR and PMR446
- Very simple to use, only three controls
- 4 versions available
- Two channel and sixteen channel versions available
- Simple operation with a minimum number of switches
- CTCSS, DTCS, 5-tone capability as standard
- Meets MIL STD grade C, D and E for shock and vibration
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- 5W of VHF output power and 4W of UHF output power
- 12.5kHz spacing on each channel
- Wide range of accessories available
- Same options as IC-F3GT series
- Hundred of applications
The Icom AD-98FSC is an innovative adapter which allows you to connect an external antenna to your Icom handportable radio.
Slow drop in charger
Stubby antenna (150–162 MHz)
Stubby antenna 160 -174MHz
Stubby antenna 450 -470MHz
The lightweight earphone mic. has a compact microphone with PTT switch that clips to your lapel.
- HM-131 (L/SC)
Speaker microphone with remote control
Headset with Vox/PTT (lightweight)
Standard type belt clip
Compatible with a wide range of Amateur and PMR handhelds.
- Radio Communication Given Xtreme Action - 11/07/2005
- Radios for the Fast Set – Icom UK and Martin Lynch help GB Children’s Ski Team to communicate! - 09/02/2005
- New Onboard Commercial Solutions from Icom - 10/12/2004
- Storenet - Retail Security from Dawn to Dusk - 05/07/2004
- IC-F22 for the BC Lions American Football Cub - 14/10/2003
- BOY RACERS ON TRACK FOR GLORY - 11/08/2003
- New Zealand Forestry Industry Use Icom - 08/05/2003