IC-7100 HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver In 1995, almost two decades ago, Icom changed the way radio hams thought about mobile HF communication with the introduction of the IC-706. Since that time, the Icom Mobile HF radios have been the Performance HF mobile radio of choice. Now, at the 2012 Tokyo Hamfair, Icom has once again changed mobile HF communications with the introduction of the IC-7100. 70MHz Band in European Versions
A first for an Icom transceiver, the IC-7100 is designed to the 70MHz band in European versions where now, 70MHz is open to Amateur radio enthusiasts. Touch Screen Control Portal
An amateur radio first! The radio control head features a large, multi-function, "touch screen"' DOT-Matrix LCD display that is positioned for easy view and operation. This is an important feature as the controller display not only provides information, but is your control portal to the IC-7100's feature settings and menus. Control Head
Breaking the the concept that a radio panel should be flat, the IC-7100's control head is designed for an optimal view angle for the LCD as well as the spacing for large fingers, and plenty of room to have a large internal speaker along with a CW keyjack, phone/speaker, microphone, and control cable. D-STAR READY
The IC-7100 provides D-STAR DV mode digital voice and low speed data communication. IF DSP Features
The latest 32-bit floating point DSP supports many digital processing features such as digital IF filter, twin PBT, manual notch filters. Of course, those highgrade digital processing features work on all ham bands, from HF to the 70cm band. Other Features
• Built-in SD Card Slot for voice storage and data cloning
• Dual DSP chips deliver versatile digital processing performance
• Built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder
• Multi-function meter
• SWR graphic display
• DSP controller RF speech compressor
• Total of 505 memory channels
• Voice recording and playback functions
• 70-70.5MHz coverage, 50W output power (for Europe versions only, varies according to version.)
• 0.5ppm high frequency stability
• Optional RS-BA1 IP control remote control software Supplied Accessories
• Hand microphone
• DC power cable
• Electronic keyer plug
• Spare fuses
• Key plug
• ACC cable
• Separation cable To download the most up to date cloning/programming files of Icom D-STAR radios and data files of UK D-STAR repeaters and reflectors visit: http://downloads.d-staruk.co.uk/.
- Intuitive Touch Screen Interface
- Innovative Slant Top Controller
- HF/6M/4M/2M/70cm & 70MHz
- D-STAR DV Mode Operation
- IF DSP Digital Processing
- Built in Speaker
- Mounting Base Option
- Built-in SD card slot for voice storage and data cloning
- Built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder
- Multi-function meter
- SWR graphic display
- DSP controller RF speech compressor
- Total of 505 memory channels
- Voice recording and playback functions
- ±0.5ppm high frequency stability
- Optional RS-BA1 IP control remote control
Mobile whip & bracket
100W HF Automatic Antenna Tuner can be used with a variety of Icom HF Amateur radios.
Fiberglass mobile mounting antenna element for use with AH-740.
Covers 2.5-30MHz (amateur band). OPC-2321 is required.
Automatic Antenna Tuner Unit
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
Hand Microphone with PTT and modular (telephone) type plug.
Full Keypad Remote Control Microphone
Mobile mounting bracket
Control Head Mounting Bracket
Suction cup mounting base for a variety of Icom mobile Amateur radios.
Data communication cable (RS-232C type)
Cloning Cable (USB type)
Separation Cable 3.5m (11ft)
Separation Cable 5m (16ft)
Control cable adapter for AH-740
The OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable.
Microphone adapter cable
Accessory extension cable
The PS-126 external switching power supply unit replaces the PS-125.
The RC-28 IP Remote Control System, allows Radio Amateurs to remotely operate selected Icom amateur transceivers. The software comes complete with remote control USB encoder and will work with the IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410, and IC-9100 with a USB cable, and with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7000, IC-7400, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850 and IC-7851 with a RS-232C cable.
The SM-30 Desktop Microphone, is an entry level desktop microphone designed to work with Icom's range of HF base station radios.
The Icom SM-50 is a stylish unidirectional desktop microphone with a flexible neck, designed for base station operation with Icom’s range of HF transceivers.
The SP-35 external speaker replaces the SP-22 or SP-25 external speakers currently supplied with some of our mobile radios. The SP-35 is very similar to the SP-22 or SP-25 but features a more stylish, modern design.
The Icom IC-7100 is an innovative multiband transceiver that offers many exciting features including touch screen control and a first for an Icom rig...the addition of the 70 MHz band. To maintain its commitment to D-STAR, all versions of the IC-7100 will come with standard D-STAR DV mode. This video shows the simplicity of touch-screen operation to control various settings in base operation.
- GB7IC D-STAR repeater, Reaches 3,000 D-STAR callsign registrations - 19/11/2019
- Meet the Icom Team at the Martin Lynch & Sons Winter Hog Roast 2019 - 17/10/2019
- See Icom's Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2019 - 29/08/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- Icom UK D-STAR repeater, Reaches 2500 D-STAR callsign registrations - 13/03/2019
- New Update: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.11) - 01/03/2019
- Getting Involved in D-STAR - 01/02/2019
- RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.10), IC-7600 USB Driver (Version 1.30) Updates from Icom Inc. - 28/01/2019
- See Icom’s Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2018 - 26/09/2018
- D-Star QSO Party 2018 Begins Saturday 22nd September 2018 00:00 (UTC) - 19/09/2018
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2018 - 24/07/2018
- Two New Articles about Amateur Radio and Radio Receivers - 02/12/2017
- Win an IC-7100 transceiver at the 2015 RSGB Amateur Radio Convention 2015 - 12/10/2015
- IC-7100 Firmware Update (E4) and CS-7100 Cloning Software Update (Ver. 1.10) - 22/05/2015
- IC-7100 HF/VHF/UHF All Mode Amateur Radio Firmware Update (Release E3) - 02/03/2015
- OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable, Compatible with RS-MS1A Android software! - 07/10/2014
- Come and visit Icom UK at National Hamfest Exhibition 2013 - 30/08/2013
- Icom UK at the RSGB Amateur Radio Centenary Convention 2013 - 30/08/2013
- Come and see the eagerly awaited IC-7100 touch screen HF-70cm (Including 4 metres!) transceiver at ML&S on Wednesday 17th July - 11/07/2013
- Now available in the UK, the Touch-Screen IC-7100 Multiband All Mode Amateur Mobile Radio! - 05/07/2013
- Update on the Availability of the IC-7100 and ID-51E Transceivers - 20/11/2012
- Visit Icom UK at Martin Lynch & Sons Open Day, Saturday 1st of December 2012 - 20/11/2012
- Come and visit Icom UK at National Hamfest Exhibition - 12/09/2012
- Icom UK at the RSGB Amateur Radio Convention 2012 - 12/09/2012