IC-9100 HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-9100 all-in-one HF/VHF/UHF transceiver covers not only HF, 6M, 2M, 70cm and 23cm* Amateur radio bands, but also a variety of operating modes including SSB, CW, AM and FM. It also features dual band simultaneous reception, satellite mode operation and RTTY decode on the display. * Optional UX-9100 23cm band unit is required. One of the most exciting features of this model is that it is capable of D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV (Digital voice) mode operation above the 10M band. The D-STAR DV mode allows simplex, repeater, Internet linking between repeaters, operation with low speed data messaging, GPS position reporting and other data communications capability. Icom has also engineered into this advanced model a combination of its IF DSP and double conversion system technology providing performance comparable to Icom’s range of high tier HF/6M transceivers. MULTIPLE-BAND, MULTIPLE-MODE HF to 23cm Multi-Band In One Transceiver
The IC-9100 fully covers HF/6M, 12M, 70cm amateur bands in multiple modes. By installing the optional UX-100 23cm band unit, you can be operational on the 23cm band immediately. Independent Dual Receivers
Two independent receivers in one radio. The IC-9100 receives two different bands simultaneously. In addition, the main and sub-band audio can be controlled with independent volume and squelch knobs, and received audio can be heard separately when external speakers are connected. Satellite Mode Operation
The satellite mode synchronizes the uplink (transmitting) and downlink (receiving) frequencies, and tracks the frequencies in the same tuning step. This function matches both normal and reverse mode satellites. Compensation of the Doppler effect can be performed easily. 20 alphanumeric satellite memory channels store frequencies, mode and tone settings for quick set-up. Optional D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio)
The optional UT-121 provides D-STAR DV mode digital voice and low speed data communication. Linking of D-STAR repeaters over the Internet allows you to communicate virtually anywhere. In addition to 2M, 70cm and 23cm band, the D-STAR DV mode can be used in 10M and 6M band simplex mode. • D-STAR DR mode operation makes it easy to access D-STAR repeaters
• GPS position reporting functions (External GPS receiver can be connected via data 1 connector. Also, position data can be entered manually.)
• One-touch reply function
• Digital call sign squelch
• Received call sign record
• Automatic received message display RTTY Demodulator & Decoder
The built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder allow you to instantly read a RTTY message on the display. No external units or PC required. The built-in tuning indicator visually helps in critical tuning. Ample CW Functions
All of the following CW capabilities are included in the IC-9100:
• 4 channels of keyer with 70 characters of transmit memory per channel
• Multi-function electronic keyer with adjustable keying speed from 6-48 wpm, dot-dash ratio from 1:1:2.8 to 1:1:4.5 and paddle polarity
• Bug keyer and full break-in function Double Conversion Superheterodyne
Much like the technology in Icom’s high-end HF transceivers, Icom has used a double conversion superheterodyne system* and an image rejection mixer in the IC-9100. The IC-9100 has dedicated receiver circuits from the antenna connector to the 2nd image rejection mixer for each band, and this improves inband IMD characteristics by simplifying the electronic circuitry.
* A triple conversion system is used for the 23cm band. +30dBm Class Third-Order Intercept Point
Using receiver design techniques introduced in Icom’s highest grade HF transceivers, the IC-9100 has an IP3 of +30dBm (typ.) in the HF bands. In the VHF/UHF bands, the IC-9100 also provides improved IP3 performance over the previous models. Three First IF Filters (3/6/15kHz) for HF/6M Band
The IC-9100 comes with a built-in 15kHz 1st IF filter and can accept up to two optional filters (3kHz FL-431 and 6kHz FL-430). By changing the first IF filter width according to the operating mode, the desired signal is protected from adjacent inband signals at the later stages. The 3kHz first IF filter is especially effective in the CW and SSB modes. Built-in Antenna Tuner for HF/6M Band
The internal antenna tuner automatically tunes for low SWR in the HF and 6M bands. Once you transmit on a frequency, the tuner can instantly retune the frequency using its built-in memory. Antenna Connectors
Two antenna connectors for HF and 6M bands, with an automatic antenna selector, and one each for 2M, 70cm and 23cm* are included in the IC-9100.
* With optional UX-9100. High Frequency Stability
A high stability TCXO crystal oscillator provides ±0.5ppm of high frequency stability over a wide temperature range (0°C to +50°C). This allows for a long steady operating time in the RTTY or SSTV modes. HF/6M, 2M 100W, 70cm 75W
The IC-9100 uses high efficiency power amplifiers and large heat sink, providing stable output power even during long periods of operation. DSP FEATURES & FUNCTIONS 32-Bit Floating Point DSP & 24-Bit AD/DA Converters
The heart of the IC-9100 is the proven combination of the 32-bit floating point DSP and 24-bit AD/DA converters. This powerful combination supports many digital processing features such as modulation/demodulation, IF filter, twin PBT, AGC, noise blanker, noise reduction, manual and auto notch filters, speech compressor, RTTY demodulator/decoder functions. AGC Loop Management
Digital IF filters, manual notch filter and other digital functions are incorporated in the AGC loop management controlled by the DSP unit. The AGC effectively works for the desired signal and rejects blocking by strong adjacent signals out of the filter passband. The AGC time constant presets (slow, medium and fast) give the flexibility and speed needed for working pile-ups. Digital IF Filter
The IC-9100 DSP allows you to “build your own” digital IF filter. You can quickly choose bandwidth, shape factor, and centre frequency, so that you can work that rare DX station. Three filter memories allow you to change filter settings instantly, a great help during contesting or other tough conditions. Digital Twin PBT & IF Shift
After “building your own” digital IF filter, you can use the digital twin Passband Tuning (PBT) to shift and narrow the IF passband until the interference is gone and you can clearly hear that weak signal. Noise Reduction
The 16-step variable noise reduction can significantly enhance the receiver's signal-to-noise ratio, giving you a clean, clear audio signal that may make the difference between making the contact. Noise Blanker
The digital noise blanker reduces interference from pulse-type noise such as engine ignition. The noise blanker provides significant reduction of pulse-type noise. The noise blanker allows you to change the threshold level as well as blank duration parameter and attenuation level. Manual Notch Filter & Auto Notch Filter
The manual notch filter controlled by the DSP has extremely sharp characteristics and provides more than 70dB of attenuation. The notch filter width is selectable from 2 types, allowing you to select the suitable filter width for the operating mode and band. It eliminates persistent beat tones without affecting the AGC loop function. In addition, the automatic notch filter tracks and eliminates two or more interfering signals, such as beat signals and carriers or tones from digital signals. SOPHISTICATED OPERATION WITH EXPANSION CAPABILITIES Large, Multi-Function LCD
The large multi-function LCD displays frequency, 9-character channel name, channel number, multi functional meter (includes S-meter, RF output, SWR and ALC level) for both the main and sub bands vertically. The dot-matrix portion of the LCD shows the following items:
• Channel name
• Function key assignment
• Band Scope
• RTTY decoder screen
• Memory keyer contents
• Graphical SWR scale
• D-STAR call sign, message, DR list
• GPS position information. Up to 424 Memory Channels*
Each band (HF/6M, 2M, 70cm and 23cm*) has a total of 99 memory channels for storing frequencies, mode and other information. The IC-9100 has 6 scan edge channels for programmed memory, and a call channel for each band.
* With optional UX-9100. USB Connector for PC Control
The IC-9100 has a standard type B USB connector and can be connected to a PC. Modulation input, audio output, RTTY demodulator output and CI-V command can be controlled via the USB cable. Also, the conventional CI-V remote control jack is built in to the IC- 9100. Optional CS-9100 Programming Software
When used with the optional CS-9100 programming software, memory channels, band edges, repeater list for DR mode, D-STAR callsign and GPS memory channels can be easily edited with a PC. A USB cable is required for PC connection. OTHER OUTSTANDING FEATURES:
• Built-in voice synthesizer announces operating frequency, mode and S-meter level
• User programmable band edge beep (Can be disabled)
• VSC (Voice Squelch Control) function
• AFC function (FM/DV mode)
• RF speech compressor
• Microphone equalizer and adjustable transmit bandwidth
• Two preamplifier types for HF/6M bands: Preamp 1: Increases low level signal improving intermodulation characteristics, Preamp 2: High gain preamplifier
• 20dB built-in attenuator
• CTCSS and DTCS tone encoder and decoder
• Triple band stacking register
• Quick split function and frequency lock function
• RIT and ∂Tx variable up to ±9.999kHz
• Audio equalizer function
• SSB/CW synchronous tuning automatically shifts the carrier point when switching between CW and LSB/USB modes
• 1Hz pitch tuning and display
• Program scan, memory scan, select memory scan, mode select scan and ∂f scan
• Automatic tuning steps
• 9600bps data socket
• AH-4 control circuit To download the most up to date cloning/programming files of Icom D-STAR radios and data files of UK D-STAR repeaters and reflectors visit: http://downloads.d-staruk.co.uk/.
- Fully covers HF, 6M, 2M, 70cm, 23cm* ham bands (*Optional UX-9100 23cm band unit is required)
- Satellite mode operation
- D-STAR DV mode (with optional UT-121)
- Simultaneous receive on two different bands (HF/6M +VHF/UHF, VHF+UHF, 70cm + 23cm*)
- Optional 3kHz and 6kHz first IF filters for the HF/6M band
- Built-in band scope
- Built-in automatic antenna tuner for HF/6M band
AG-25 2m mast head pre-amp
70cm mast head pre-amp
Mobile whip & bracket
100W HF Automatic Antenna Tuner can be used with a variety of Icom HF Amateur radios.
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
6kHz 1st IF filter for HF/6M band
The Icom FL-431 roofing filter is 3 kHz wide and operates at the first I.F. for the IC-7410 and IC-9100 transceivers.
Fully automatic 1kW output Linear amplifier for the Icom Range of transceivers. Ideal for connection to the IC-7800, IC-7850, IC-7851, IC-7600, etc.
Data communication cable (RS-232C type)
Accessory extension cable
The PS-126 external switching power supply unit replaces the PS-125.
The RC-28 IP Remote Control System, allows Radio Amateurs to remotely operate selected Icom amateur transceivers with the enclosed RS-BA1 remote control software. The software comes complete with remote control USB encoder and will work with the IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410, and IC-9100 with a USB cable, and with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7000, IC-7400, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850 and IC-7851 with a RS-232C cable.
The SM-30 Desktop Microphone, is an entry level desktop microphone designed to work with Icom's range of HF base station radios.
The Icom SM-50 is a stylish unidirectional desktop microphone with a flexible neck, designed for base station operation with Icom’s range of HF transceivers.
The SP-23 external speaker has been designed for use with Icom base station transceivers and receivers.
Matching External Speaker for the IC-7610
D-STAR board suitable for IC-E91/IC-9100 providing D-STAR DV mode.
Optional UX-9100 23cm band unit for the IC-9100
George Thomas, W5JDX, of Ham Nation and AmateurLogic.tv provides an in depth review of the IC-9100.
- Updates for Icom IC-7100, IC-9100 and IC-R8600 Cloning/Programming Software - 24/03/2022
- Introducing the Icom ST-4002A GPS tool for Android OS Devices - 01/12/2021
- New Update: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.11) - 01/03/2019
- Getting Involved in D-STAR - 01/02/2019
- RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.10), IC-7600 USB Driver (Version 1.30) Updates from Icom Inc. - 28/01/2019
- D-Star QSO Party 2018 Begins Saturday 22nd September 2018 00:00 (UTC) - 19/09/2018
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2018 - 24/07/2018
- Icom UK Sponsor GX3RCM Amateur Radio Demonstration Vehicle - 09/12/2012
- Firmware Update for the Icom IC-9100 and ID-31E Amateur Radio Transceivers - 29/03/2012
- Buy an IC-7410 or IC-9100 and get an IC-E80D absolutely FREE! - 13/03/2012
- Icom Amateur Radios feature in Tim Allen TV comedy show - 14/12/2011
- Contest University UK at RSGB Convention 2011. Sponsored by Icom UK! - 16/09/2011
- IC-9100 HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver, Available Now! - 10/03/2011