IC-7610 SDR HF/50MHz Transceiver Whether it is poor band conditions, or battling to pick out a call in a large pile-up, faint signals have always been a challenge for DXers and Contesters around the world. The difference between putting the QSO in the log or having to try another time is the capability of your receiver. One key factor is the RMDR capabilities, the ability to pick out a faint signal in the presence of stronger, adjacent signals. The IC-7610 introduces dual RF direct sampling receivers, achieving 110dB RMDR, rivalling that of top-of-the-line transceivers. Innovative RF Direct Sampling System
Introduced with the IC-7300, Icom’s RF Direct Sampling System has made SDR performance affordable. Direct Sampling means incoming RF signals are digitized by the Analog-to-Digital Converter and immediately processed by the FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array). This process dramatically reduces distortion that naturally occurs in the various mixer stages found in traditional superheterodyne receivers. Astonishing 110 dB* RMDR
The RF Direct Sampling system in the IC-7610 is capable of 110 dB RMDR. This performance gives you the ability to pull weak signals out of the noise of strong adjacent signals. There is a difference you can hear as the desired signal comes out of the pileup!
* Representative value at 2 kHz frequency separation (Received frequency: 14.2 MHz, Mode: CW, IF BW: 500 Hz) Customized VCXO Is Used for the Master Clock
Reducing phase noise in a receiver is always a challenge as it is a natural characteristic of a receiver. The master clock of the IC-7610 utilises a low phase noise VCXO (Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator), combined with Icom’s years of technical expertise to design a common power supply for the VCXO and FPGA, yielding an ultra-low phase noise. Also, a 10 MHz reference signal can be input to the IC-7610 for higher precision. Independent Dual Receiver
Whether listening to both sides of a rare DX station running split or looking for a multiplier on a different band or mode, the dual receivers in the IC-7610 have you covered. Two separate DIGI-SEL preselectors, two separate Band Pass Filter networks, feed two independent A/D converters into the FPGA. DIGI-SEL for Main and Sub Bands
The DIGI-SEL preselectors are RF filters with sharp, narrow passband characteristics preventing Analog-to-Digital Converter overflow from large out-of-band signals when sampling the RF signals. Additionally, the third and higher order IMD components are reduced. This is ideal when strong signals are received in a contest pile-up or from broadcast stations on adjacent frequencies or bands. High-Quality Speaker Sound
To finish out the receiver is an internal speaker cabinet. The cabinet is tuned to reproduce clear, natural sounding audio, and is insulated from the radio chassis to prevent noise from vibration and panel resonance. Digital-Up-Conversion (DUC) for Clean TX –70
Breaking with the tradition of mixing a carrier signal with a local oscillator, a Digital-Up-Conversion (DUC) method is used to generate the required signal from the Digital-to-Analogue Converter. The chart to the right shows the difference made by this new design. Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner
The built-in automatic antenna tuner memorises its settings based on your transmit frequency so that it can recall the tuning setting when you switch operating bands. The emergency tuner function* enables you to work for short periods of time with an antenna with a high SWR.
* Output power not guaranteed and power may be reduced.
7-inch Colour Display with Touch Screen Function
The large 7-inch colour display shows various operating and setting information at a glance in high resolution (800 × 480 pixels.) The display shows multiple features, for example, the dual spectrum scope aligned vertically or horizontally, simulated analogue meters and RTTY, PSK31/63 mode decoded messages. Dual Receivers, Dual Spectrum Scopes
The IC -7610 provides dual reception, on different bands, as does the high-speed, high-resolution spectrum scopes. Whether watching for a band opening, working a rare DX station operating split, or searching for a multiplier, the ability to watch each receiver separately allows the operator to concentrate on pulling in a weak signal. The scopes provide class-leading performance in resolution, sweep speed and a 100 dB dynamic range. To navigate around the band easier, connect a PC mouse to the USB port for point and click tuning of the receivers. Audio Scope Flexibility
The Audio Scope screen shows both an FFT scope with a waterfall along with an oscilloscope for both transmit and receive audio. This makes it easy to monitor AF characteristics such as microphone compressor level, filter width, notch filter, and in CW, you can monitor received CW keying waveforms. Touch Screen and Multi-Dial Knob for Smooth Operation The combination of the touchscreen and the multi-dial knob offers quick and smooth operation. When you push the multi-dial knob, menu items are shown on the right side of the display. You can select an item by touching the screen and can adjust the levels by turning the multi-dial knob. Remote Encoder for Second VFO Knob
The optional RC-28 remote encoder enables you to add an external Sub dial for controlling the Sub-band. Main band and Subband can be switched with the F1 and F2 buttons and can be controlled with the RC-28. The LED above the F1 and F2 buttons turns ON to show the active band. DVI-D Connector for an External Display Connection
The IC-7610 has a DVI-D connector for an external display. Operating frequency, setting information and spectrum scope can be observed on a large external screen. SD Card Slot and USB Port for Saving Data
When used with an SD card or USB flash drive, various contents including firmware updates, memory channels, captured screen images, and other personal settings, can be saved and loaded. TX/RX audio, voice memories, RTTY/CW memories and RTTY decode logs can be saved and used on the SD card. I/Q Signal Output
The IC-7610 enables you to output I/Q signals from the USB connector. They can be used to analyse a spectrum range or to decode signals by a decoder software on a PC.
*This function will be provided in a future firmware update Simplified Remote Control for RS-BA1
Whether from a remote part of your home QTH, or on a remote location somewhere around the world, the RS-BA1 software enables you to operate your IC-7610. Not only can you control the radio settings and have both RX/TX audio paths, but you are also able to display a single band spectrum scope with the waterfall. With the addition of an Ethernet connector, a base station computer is not required. Icom Inc. have published three technical reports on the IC-7610 HF/50MHz SDR Transceiver featuring detailed information and specifications. To download these reports, click the following links:
• IC-7610 Technical Report Volume 1.
• IC-7610 Technical Report Volume 2.
• IC-7610 Technical Report Volume 3.
- Innovative RF Direct Sampling System achieves 110dB (typical) of RMDR at 2kHz frequency separation.
- Independent Dual Receiver monitors two bands simultaneously.
- DIGI-SEL Pre-selector firmly shuts out interference.
- High-speed, High-resolution, Real-time Spectrum Scope.
- 7-inch Colour Display with Touch Screen Function.
- Built-in, High-speed Automatic Antenna Tuner.
- New, large, loudspeaker housing design gives superior sound quality, making the most of the high-purity received signal.
- Digital IF filter and twin PBT for interference rejection.
- IP remote control connection with Ethernet connector.
Mobile whip & bracket
100W HF Automatic Antenna Tuner can be used with a variety of Icom HF Amateur radios.
Fiberglass mobile mounting antenna element for use with AH-740.
2-30MHZ Folded dipole antenna
Covers 2.5-30MHz (amateur band). OPC-2321 is required.
Carrying handle for IC-7600 and IC-7610 HF Transceivers
Control cable adapter for AH-740
Control cable for connection with AH-4 (10m)
The PS-126 external switching power supply unit replaces the PS-125.
The RC-28 IP Remote Control System, allows Radio Amateurs to remotely operate selected Icom amateur transceivers. The software comes complete with remote control USB encoder and will work with the IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410, and IC-9100 with a USB cable, and with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7000, IC-7400, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850 and IC-7851 with a RS-232C cable.
The SM-30 Desktop Microphone, is an entry level desktop microphone designed to work with Icom's range of HF base station radios.
The Icom SM-50 is a stylish unidirectional desktop microphone with a flexible neck, designed for base station operation with Icom’s range of HF transceivers.
The SP-23 external speaker has been designed for use with Icom base station transceivers and receivers.
The SP-33 is a compact, external speaker designed for Icom’s range of HF base stations.
The SP-34 is an external speaker with built in audio filters which has been designed for Icom’s high end Amateur radio base stations.
Matching External Speaker for the IC-7610
The video shows Bob McCreadie (G0FGX) of TX Films interviewing Bob Rogers (M0KKW) HF Engineer of Icom UK about the IC-7610 SDR HF Transceiver that initially gets described in the interview as the ‘IC-7300 on steroids’. This video gives an overview of the differences between the IC-7610 and the IC-7300 and an explanation of some of its new features including the two identical receivers, external display and DIGI-SEL for Main and Sub Bands.
- ST-4003W Time Adjustment Software For Selected Icom Amateur Radios - 30/11/2021
- Icom IC-7850/IC-7851 Firmware Update (Version 1.40) - 07/05/2021
- Icom IC-7610 Firmware Update (Version 1.30) - 27/04/2021
- Icom SDR – Made in Japan! - 01/05/2020
- Meet the Icom Team at the Martin Lynch & Sons Winter Hog Roast 2019 - 17/10/2019
- Icom to Showcase Amateur Radio Products at RSGB Convention 2019 - 08/09/2019
- See Icom's Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2019 - 29/08/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- New Update: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.11) - 01/03/2019
- RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.10), IC-7600 USB Driver (Version 1.30) Updates from Icom Inc. - 28/01/2019
- IC-9700 VHF/UHF/23CM SDR Transceiver Previewed at the National Radio Centre - 21/01/2019
- Introducing the RS-BA1 Version 2 Dualwatch Remote Control Software - 04/01/2019
- Icom Radio Demonstration & Offers at the Nevada Radio Open Day (18th November 2018) - 29/10/2018
- IC-7610 Technical Report (Volume 3) - 25/10/2018
- New Icom Amateur Products Including the IC-9700 to be Shown at Tokyo Hamfair 2018 - 27/09/2018
- Icom IC-7610 (Version 1.1) and IC-R8600 (Version 1.33) Firmware Updates - 01/08/2018
- Watch our latest IC-7610 video on our YouTube channel - 14/07/2018
- IC-7610 Technical Report (Volume 2) - 31/05/2018
- Latest Update: Windows 10 Compatibility with Icom USB Drivers - 08/05/2018
- Windows 10 Compatibility with Icom USB Drivers - 02/05/2018
- New Matching SP-41 Speaker for the IC-7610 - 12/04/2018
- Icom UK to Attend West London Amateur Radio Rally 2018 - 28/03/2018
- IC-7610 Demo Day at Martin Lynch & Sons (24th March 2018) - 12/03/2018
- Icom IC-7610 (Version 1.06), IC-7300 (Version 1.21) and IC-R8600 (Version 1.32) Firmware Updates - 01/03/2018
- IC-7610 Technical Report (Volume 1) - 23/02/2018
- Icom IC-7610 Firmware Update (Version 1.05) - 31/01/2018
- IC-7610 HF/50MHz SDR Transceiver has landed! - 10/01/2018
- Two New Articles about Amateur Radio and Radio Receivers - 02/12/2017
- Download the IC-7610 HF/50MHz SDR Transceiver User Manual - 10/10/2017
- Win an IC-7300 SDR transceiver at the RSGB Convention 2017 - 03/10/2017
- First Impressions Videos of the Icom IC-7610 and IC-R8600 - 22/09/2017
- Icom IC-7610 & IC-R8600 to be Shown at National Hamfest 2017 - 13/09/2017
- Icom IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz Prototype transceiver Shown at Tokyo Hamfair - 01/09/2017
- IC-7610 HF/50MHz SDR Transceiver UK Availability and Projected Pricing - 20/03/2017
- IC-7610 HF/50 MHz SDR Transceiver Previewed at Icom Radio Festival - 21/12/2016
- Icom IC-7610 HF/50MHz SDR Transceiver and IC-R8600 Wideband Receiver to be shown at Icom headquarters Amateur Radio Festival (10th December 2016) - 06/12/2016
- Icom IC-7610, IC-R8600, IC-R30 and ID-51 PLUS2 models shown at Tokyo Ham Fair 2016 - 22/08/2016
- Contest University UK at RSGB Convention 2011. Sponsored by Icom UK! - 16/09/2011