ID-5100E VHF/UHF Dual Band D-STAR Digital Transceiver Icom’s new ID-5100E VHF/UHF dual band D-STAR digital mobile transceiver enhances core features found in the celebrated IC-2820H mobile and incorporates the user-friendly technology found in the IC-7100. The radio features a large responsive touch screen and also integrated GPS, optional Bluetooth connectivity and support for Android devices. Available in Two Versions:
The standard version comes complete with multi-functional microphone and hanger, DC power and controller cables and CS-5100 cloning software. ID-5100E Deluxe*
Includes Bluetooth features and mounting equipment: MBF-1 Suction cup mounting bracket; MBA-2 controller bracket; MBR-100 Trunion mount; UT-133 Bluetooth unit and VS-3 Bluetooth headset. Saving £126 (inc.VAT)!
*Versions differ outside of UK Intuitive Touch Screen Operation
The intuitive touch screen interface provides quick and smooth operation for setting and editing various functions and memories. The 5.5 inch display (320 × 128 pixel) shows a large easy-to-see software keypad (Qwerty keyboard), and allows you to input alphanumeric characters quickly. VHF/UHF, VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF Dual Receive
The ID-5100E receives 118–174MHz and 375–550MHz* with dual receiver capability that allows you to receive two bands simultaneously (including within a single band)*. Almost all VHF & UHF communications are available to you! DV Dualwatch
The ID-5100E has simultaneous receive for FM/FM and FM/DV modes, and the capability of monitoring two DV signals. The main band audio has priority, if two DV signals come in at the same time. Integrated GPS receiver
The ID-5100E has an integrated GPS which allows you to transmit and receive position data from the built-in GPS receiver. Position, course, speed and altitude are shown on the display. The GPS position information can be used for exchanging position reports, tracing the GPS log and searching for nearby repeater sites. The GPS antenna is located in the remote head, no external GPS antenna required. DV/FM Repeater List Function
The DV/FM repeater list function assists you in accessing near-by repeaters, even where you are visiting an area for the first time. The function searches for near-by repeaters using the repeater memories with the GPS position information. To use the repeater list function, the position data of the repeater is required in the repeater list. Dplus Reflector Linking
Dplus Reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy reflector operation. Use Reflector, link/unlink to Reflector, echo test and repeater information commands are selectable. UT-133 Bluetooth® Unit (Option)
This The UT-133 is the optional Bluetooth® board necessary for operation with the optional VS-3 headset and the optional RS-MS1A, Android™ application. VS-3 Bluetooth® Headset (Option)
The optional Bluetooth® headset, VS-3, can be used for hands-free communication and remotely control the ID-5100E with three programmable buttons. Providing you with convenient communication in a vehicle. RS-MS1A Android™ Application (Free Download Application From Google Play™)*
Connect to the ID-5100E for remote control of DR functions, link with a map application and send/receive messages and images over the DV mode. You can download the free Android RS-MS1A application from Google Play Store.
*Optional UT-133 Bluetooth unit must be installed in the ID-5100E. Some functions may be subject to Android phones and devices used. Other Features
• Menu-driven user interface
• DTMF via microphone or ID-5100 display
• SD Card slot for voice and data storage
• Enhanced D-PRS functions with object, position, item and weather formats
• Convenient memory contents management using CSV data format
• Speech function announces operating frequency, mode and received callsign (DV mode)
• Independent main dial, volume and SQL knobs for A/B bands
• AM airband dualwatch
• CS-5100, cloning software supplied
• 50W output power on both VHF and UHF bands Supplied Standard Accessories
• Hand microphone, HM-207
• Controller cable, OPC-837 (3.5 m; 11.4 ft)
• Microphone hanger
• CD (CS-5100 and instruction handbook PDF)
• Spare fuse To download the most up to date cloning/programming files of Icom D-STAR radios and data files of UK D-STAR repeaters and reflectors visit: http://downloads.d-staruk.co.uk/.
- Two versions available
- Intuitive touch screen operation, Menu-driven user interface
- VHF/UHF, VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF Dual receive
- DV Dualwatch
- Integrated GPS receiver
- DV/FM Repeater list function
- Dplus reflector linking
- Optional Bluetooth Connectivity
- RS-MS1A Android application (Free download application from Google Play)
- DTMF via microphone or ID-5100 display
- Enhanced D-PRS functions with object, position, item and weather formats
- Convenient memory contents management using CSV data format
- SD Card slot for voice and data storage
- Speech function announces operating frequency, mode and received callsign (DV mode)
- Independent main dial, volume and SQL knobs for A/B bands
- AM airband dualwatch
- 50W output power on both VHF and UHF bands
- CS-5100, cloning software supplied
Programming/cloning software for ID-5100E
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
Amateur radio Hand Microphone
Remote Hand Microphone
The MBA-2 is a controller bracket for the MBF-1 suction cup mounting bracket.
Suction cup mounting base for a variety of Icom mobile Amateur radios.
Controller extension cable (3.5m)
Data communication cable (RS-232C type)
Cloning Cable (USB type)
The OPC-2350LU USB Data Communication Cable.
Microphone extension cable (5 metre)
USB Cloning Cable - 3.5mm plug type
Microphone adapter cable
Microphone extension cable (2.5m/8.2ft)
- Pro Equip BT550
Bluetooth headset with PTT and dual connectivity capability.
- Pro Equip BT560
Bluetooth PTT microphone with volume control and 3.5mm connector for headset.
Android application for the ID-5100A/E series
20W rated input power (30W max. input) external speaker
The SP-35 external speaker replaces the SP-22 or SP-25 external speakers currently supplied with some of our mobile radios. The SP-35 is very similar to the SP-22 or SP-25 but features a more stylish, modern design.
The new UT-133A is basically identical to the UT-133 but has the added capability of handling PTT function of Bluetooth enabled headsets.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
A brief introduction to Icom's forthcoming ID-5100 dual band D-STAR mobile which features a large, responsive touch screen LCD, Bluetooth connectivity and second station control through an Android device.
- Firmware Upgrades for the Icom IC-9700 and D-STAR range - 27/11/2019
- GB7IC D-STAR repeater, Reaches 3,000 D-STAR callsign registrations - 19/11/2019
- Meet the Icom Team at the Martin Lynch & Sons Winter Hog Roast 2019 - 17/10/2019
- See Icom's Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2019 - 29/08/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- Icom UK D-STAR repeater, Reaches 2500 D-STAR callsign registrations - 13/03/2019
- Getting Involved in D-STAR - 01/02/2019
- See Icom’s Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2018 - 26/09/2018
- D-Star QSO Party 2018 Begins Saturday 22nd September 2018 00:00 (UTC) - 19/09/2018
- Icom Inc. Announce Dates for D-STAR QSO Party 2018 - 24/07/2018
- New D-STAR Support Section on www.d-staruk.co.uk - 12/09/2017
- New UT-133A Bluetooth Unit for Icom Mobile Radios - 28/06/2016
- ID-5100E Firmware Update Release E3 and CS-5100 Cloning Software Update Ver. 1.20 - 22/05/2015
- New Video, D-STAR and the Icom RS-MS1A Android App - 23/04/2015
- ID-5100E D-STAR Mobile Firmware Update (Release E2) & CS-5100 Cloning Software Update (Rev. 1.10) - 30/10/2014
- ID-5100E D-STAR Mobile Firmware Update (Release E1) - 10/07/2014
- ID-5100E D-STAR Mobile, Available first week of May 2014! - 30/04/2014
- First details of Icom’s New Touch screen ID-5100 Dual Band D-STAR Mobile Radio - 30/01/2014