IC-SAT100 Icom & Iridium Satellite PTT Transceiver The IC-SAT100 utilises SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk) which is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks. One-to-Many Communications
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button. Wide Area Global Communication
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited. Real-Time, Low-Latency Communication
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites. Emergency Call Function
The ‘Orange’ key on the top of the radio is an emergency button. You can transmit an emergency call via a specific talk group by pushing and holding down the button, just like a PMR/LMR radio system. Waterproof, Dust-Tight & Durable Body
The IC-SAT100 provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F). 1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments. Long Lasting Battery Life
The supplied BP-300 Li-ion battery pack provides 14.5 hours of operation.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions. TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90 Conventional Radios & IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers. (Planned feature)
*Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems. And More
• Secure conversations with AES encryption
• Short Data Message function
• Voice Recording function
• Multiple language display (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
• Built-in Bluetooth®
• Integrated GNSS receiver
• SMA type antenna connector for an external antenna
• AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
• Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices, including Iridium Extreme® PTT*
* Some specific functions may not be compatible. Checking with your local supplier before purchasing is highly recommended. Management of your Talkgroup and the region of your coverage area can be amended via the Iridium website.
- Real-Time Communication with the Iridium® LEO (Low Earth Orbit) Satellite Network
- Total Global Coverage, including the Poles
- One-to-Many Communication (Up to 15 Groups)
- Emergency Button
- 1500 mW of Powerful Audio for Noisy Environments
- IP67 Waterproof, MIL-STD 810G, and a Durable Body
- Long Battery Life: 24 Hours (Standby Time), 7 Hours (Talk Time (Approx.)
- Multiple Language Display: (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
- Built-in Bluetooth® and GPS Receiver
- Priority Interrupt Calling and Short Data Messages
- SMA Type Antenna Connector for an External Antenna
- Weight: 300 g (with BP-300)
- Compatible with Other Iridium® PTT Models, including Iridium Extreme® PTT
- Interoperability with IDAS™ and Analogue Radios through the Optional VE-PG4, RoIP Gateway
Allows you to use third party accessories with 6-pin Hirose plug.
3.5 mm earphone jack adapter for use with any of SP-27, SP-29 or SP-40 earphone.
Pole mount passive antenna.
Magnet-mount external antenna supplied with 1.5m cable
Active Satellite Antenna System for Using the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio in a Building
Charges up to six batteries (with/without transceivers) at the same time. (BC-157S, AC adapter supplied.)
Rapid desktop charger for IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio.
Docking station solution for the IC-SAT100 including AH-40 mag-mounted external antenna and HM-222 speaker microphone.
7.2 V/2200 mAh (min.) 2350 mAh (typ.)
Earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
SMA type antenna for IC-SAT100
The Icom FA-S103U is a quick release antenna connector kit for the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT radio.
Tie-clip microphone with 2.5 mm earphone jack.
The HM-222 is a waterproof remote speaker microphone.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Alligator style belt clip for the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT radio
Coaxial cable (5D-HFA) for the AH-38.
Connection cable for VE-PG4. 5 m, 16.4ft length.
Coaxial cable (59 m, 193.5 ft)
DC Power Cable (for use with various chargers)
- Satellite PTT Radio System
Icom have partnered with Iridium Communications to provide the world’s only Satellite PTT radio offering real-time communications at the push of a button between a group of individuals, each of whom can be anywhere on the planet.
Tube earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
The SP-27 features a clear acoustic tube that is designed to be hidden behind the ear making it hard to see. This makes it an ideal earphone for security, hotels, restaurants, retail and airports.
Earhook type earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Earhook type earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
Video, presented by James Heming which provides a comprehensive introduction to the Icom IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio system, how it works, features of the radio system, available accessories and a short demonstration of the radio in operation.
- Active Satellite Antenna System for Using the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio in a Building - 02/06/2021
- FA-S103U Quick Release Antenna Connector Kit for the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio - 29/04/2021
- New Case Study: Icom Two-Way Radio Solutions Assist Jaguar Land Rover Global Drive Team - 28/03/2021
- Latest Knowledge Base Article: Why consider Two-Way Radio for Social Distancing? - 06/03/2021
- Introducing the IC-SAT100M Satellite PTT Mobile radio - 28/07/2020
- New Case Study: Icom Satellite PTT Radio Solution Chosen for Japan-Palau Goodwill Yacht Race - 09/04/2020
- New Vehicle Mounting Solution for the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio - 08/01/2020
- Icom Satellite PTT Radio Solution Wins Major Comms Industry Award - 28/12/2019
- Icom LTE and Satellite Radio Solutions on Show at FCS Business Radio 2019 - 06/10/2019
- Latest Video: Icom IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT - 09/09/2019
- Icom to Showcase New Radio Products at the Emergency Services Show - 29/08/2019
- Icom IC-M37E to Launch at the Southampton Boatshow 2019 - 28/07/2019
- Icom IC-SAT100 PTT Satellite Radio, Available Now! - 10/07/2019
- Introducing the Icom VE-PG4 Radio Gateway, Providing Seamless Multi-Protocol Connectivity - 26/06/2019
- Video Introduction to the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio - 09/04/2019
- Download Our New IP, LTE/PoC, Satellite PTT Catalogue - 09/04/2019
- IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio Update - Available in Japan in the Second Quarter of 2019 - 01/03/2019
- Icom and Iridium to Develop New Global Satellite PTT Radio System - 08/11/2018