IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver The IC-7300 is a revolutionary compact radio that will excite HF operators from beginners to experts. This new model has a high-performance real-time spectrum scope and employs a new RF direct sampling system. The IC-7300’s real-time spectrum scope provides top-level performance in resolution, sweep speed and dynamic range. While listening to received audio, the operator can check the real-time spectrum scope and quickly move to the intended signal. The combination of the real-time spectrum scope and waterfall function improves the quality and efficiency of HF operation. The new RF direct sampling system employed by the IC-7300 realises class leading RMDR (Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range) and Phase Noise characteristics. In addition, the IC-7300 features the 70MHz band (European versions only), a large touch screen colour TFT LCD, convenient multi-function dial knob, automatic antenna tuner, voice recorder function and more. Class Leading Real-Time Spectrum Scope
You no longer have to choose whether to listen to the audio or have the spectrum scope sweep for signals as the IC-7300’s real-time spectrum scope offers the simultaneous operations found in higher tier models. This means you can use either the spectrum scope or the waterfall to quickly move to an intended signal while listening to the receiver audio. The IC-7300’s touch screen introduces a “Magnify” function. So, when you first touch the scope screen around the intended signal, the touched part is magnified. A second touch of the scope screen changes the operating frequency and allows you to accurately tune. High-Resolution Waterfall Function
The combination of the waterfall function and the real-time spectrum scope assists in maximum receive performance of the IC-7300 and increases QSO opportunities without missing weak signals. The waterfall function shows a change of signal strength over a period of time and allows you to find weak signals that may not be apparent on the spectrum scope. Audio Scope Function
The audio scope function can be used to observe various AF characteristics such as microphone compressor level, filter width, notch filter width and keying waveform in the CW mode. Either the transmit or receive audio can be displayed on the FFT scope with the waterfall function and the oscilloscope. RF Direct Sampling System
The IC-7300 employs an RF direct sampling system. RF signals are directly converted to digital data and processed in the FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array), making it possible to simplify the circuit construction. This system is a leading technology making an epoch in amateur radio. New “IP+” Function
The new “IP+” function improves 3rd order intercept point (IP3) performance. When a weak signal is received adjacent to strong interference, the AD converter is optimized against signal distortion. Class Leading RMDR (Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range) & Phase Noise Characteristics
The IC-7300’s RMDR is improved to about 97dB* (typical value) and Phase Noise characteristics are improved about 15dB (at 1 kHz frequency separation) compared to the IC-7200. The superior Phase Noise characteristics reduce noise components in both receive and transmit signals.
* At 1 kHz frequency separation (received frequency: 14.2MHz, MODE: CW, IF BW: 500Hz) Large Touch Screen Colour TFT LCD
The large 4.3 inch colour TFT touch LCD offers intuitive operation. Using the software keypad of the touch screen, you can easily set various functions and edit memory contents. Multi-Dial Knob for Smooth Operation
The combination of the multi-dial knob and the touch screen offers quick and smooth operation. When you push the multi-dial knob, menu items are shown on the right side of the display. You can select an item with a touch of the screen and adjust levels by turning the multi-dial knob. SD Memory Card Slot for Saving Data
The IC-7300 can store various contents into SD card such as received and transmitted audio, voice memories, RTTY/CW memories, RTTY decode logs and captured screen images. Personal and firmware updating data can also be stored to the SD card for easy setting. 15 Discrete Band-Pass Filters
The IC-7300 has 15 discrete RF band-pass filters. The RF signal is only passed through one of the band-pass filters, while any out of range signals are rejected. High Q factor coils are used to minimize the loss in the RF band-pass filters. Built-In Automatic Antenna Tuner
The antenna tuner memorizes its settings based on your transmit frequency, so that it can rapidly tune when you change operating bands. The Enforced Tuning function* allows a wide range of temporary antennas to be tuned.
* Do not use the Enforced Tuning function except in case of an emergency. Transmission power may be reduced. Superior Sound Quality
To offer superior sound quality, a new speaker unit has been incorporated and is allocated dedicated space in the aluminium die-cast chassis. Other Features
• New HM-219 hand microphone supplied
• Effective large cooling fan system
• A Multi-function meter
• 101 memory channels (99 regular, 2 scan edges)
• Optional RS-BA1 IP remote control software (the spectrum scope with the waterfall can be observed)
• CW functions: Full break-in, CW reverse, CW auto tuning
- 70MHz band (European versions only)
- Class Leading Real-Time Spectrum Scope
- High-Resolution Waterfall Function
- Audio Scope Function
- RF Direct Sampling System
- New “IP+” Function
- Class Leading RMDR (Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range) and Phase Noise Characteristics
- Large Touch Screen Colour TFT LCD
- Multi-Dial Knob for Smooth Operation
- SD Memory Card Slot for Saving Data
- 15 Discrete Band-Pass Filters
- Built-In Automatic Antenna Tuner
- Superior Sound Quality
- New HM-219 hand microphone supplied
- Effective large cooling fan system
- A Multi-function meter
- 101 memory channels (99 regular, 2 scan edges)
- Optional RS-BA1 IP remote control software (the spectrum scope with the waterfall can be observed)
- CW functions: Full break-in, CW reverse, CW auto tuning
Mobile whip & bracket
100W HF Automatic Antenna Tuner can be used with a variety of Icom HF Amateur radios.
Fiberglass mobile mounting antenna element for use with AH-740.
2-30MHZ Folded dipole antenna
Covers 2.5-30MHz (amateur band). OPC-2321 is required.
CI-V level converter (communications interface)
Hand microphone with UP/DOWN swiches.
For mounting IC-718, IC-7200 or IC-7300 in a vehicle.
Control cable adapter for AH-740
Control cable for connection with AH-4 (10m)
Accessory extension cable
The PS-126 external switching power supply unit replaces the PS-125.
The RC-28 IP Remote Control System, allows Radio Amateurs to remotely operate selected Icom amateur transceivers with the enclosed RS-BA1 remote control software. The software comes complete with remote control USB encoder and will work with the IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410, and IC-9100 with a USB cable, and with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7000, IC-7400, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850 and IC-7851 with a RS-232C cable.
The SM-30 Desktop Microphone, is an entry level desktop microphone designed to work with Icom's range of HF base station radios.
The Icom SM-50 is a stylish unidirectional desktop microphone with a flexible neck, designed for base station operation with Icom’s range of HF transceivers.
The SP-23 external speaker has been designed for use with Icom base station transceivers and receivers.
The SP-33 is a compact, external speaker designed for Icom’s range of HF base stations.
The SP-34 is an external speaker with built in audio filters which has been designed for Icom’s high end Amateur radio base stations.
The SP-35 external speaker replaces the SP-22 or SP-25 external speakers currently supplied with some of our mobile radios. The SP-35 is very similar to the SP-22 or SP-25 but features a more stylish, modern design.
External Speaker with 6m cable
The SP-38 external desktop speaker has been specifically designed to complement the appearance of the IC-7300 as well as improving the listening experience from its large diameter speaker.
Matching External Speaker for the IC-7610
Following on from our initial ‘Introduction to the Icom IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver’ video, we have put together a more in-depth, video called ‘Reviewing the IC-7300’. With the help from Bob McCreadie (G0FGX) of TX Films, this video features Chris Ridley (G8GKC) who goes through the range of functions that the IC-7300, Icom's first Software Defined Radio (SDR) HF radio has to offer and goes on to explain why its recent introduction has been such a game changer.
- Icom AH-730 Automatic Antenna Tuner, New! - 09/08/2022
- ST-4003W Time Adjustment Software For Selected Icom Amateur Radios - 30/11/2021
- New Firmware Updates for the IC-705, IC-7300 and IC-9700 SDR Transceivers - 09/07/2021
- Firmware Updates for the IC-705, IC-7300, IC-9700 to include Smoother FT8 Mode Operation - 30/04/2021
- Icom SDR – Made in Japan! - 01/05/2020
- Latest Icom SDR Amateur Radios Supplied to RSGB National Radio Centre - 28/02/2020
- New Icom Amateur radio, Commercial and Marine Case Studies - 02/12/2019
- Meet the Icom Team at the Martin Lynch & Sons Winter Hog Roast 2019 - 17/10/2019
- Icom to Showcase Amateur Radio Products at RSGB Convention 2019 - 08/09/2019
- See Icom's Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2019 - 29/08/2019
- New Video: ‘Overview of the Icom IC-9700 SDR VHF/UHF Transceiver’ - 18/07/2019
- Icom New SDR Range on Show at West London Amateur Radio Rally 2019 - 08/04/2019
- New Update: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.11) - 01/03/2019
- RS-BA1 Version 2 Control Software (Version 2.10), IC-7600 USB Driver (Version 1.30) Updates from Icom Inc. - 28/01/2019
- IC-9700 VHF/UHF/23CM SDR Transceiver Previewed at the National Radio Centre - 21/01/2019
- Icom Radio Demonstration & Offers at the Nevada Radio Open Day (18th November 2018) - 29/10/2018
- Chance to Win an IC-7300 SDR Transceiver at the RSGB Convention 2018 - 27/09/2018
- See Icom’s Latest Amateur Radio & Receiver Range at National Hamfest 2018 - 26/09/2018
- Two Chances To Win An Icom IC-7300 At Upcoming Amateur Events - 20/09/2018
- Latest Update: Windows 10 Compatibility with Icom USB Drivers - 08/05/2018
- Windows 10 Compatibility with Icom USB Drivers - 02/05/2018
- Icom IC-7610 (Version 1.06), IC-7300 (Version 1.21) and IC-R8600 (Version 1.32) Firmware Updates - 01/03/2018
- Two New Articles about Amateur Radio and Radio Receivers - 02/12/2017
- Youngest Licenced Amateur Rewarded at RSGB Convention - 09/11/2017
- Win an IC-7300 SDR transceiver at the RSGB Convention 2017 - 03/10/2017
- Icom IC-7610 & IC-R8600 to be Shown at National Hamfest 2017 - 13/09/2017
- New Video: Icom RS-BA1. Installing & Setting up Remote Control for your IC-7300 - 15/03/2017
- IC-7610 and IC-R8600 to be shown at Icom Amateur Radio Festival in Akihabara - 14/03/2017
- New Icom IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver Firmware Update (Ver.1.14) - 05/10/2016
- Win an IC-7300 SDR transceiver at the RSGB Convention 2016 - 01/10/2016
- New SP-38 External Speaker for the IC-7300 - 10/08/2016
- Icom IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver Firmware Update (Ver.1.13) - 27/05/2016
- New Video: ‘Reviewing the IC-7300’ - 16/05/2016
- IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver, Available Early April 2016 - 08/03/2016
- Innovative IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver Launched at Tokyo Ham Fair 2015 - 24/08/2015