IC-E80D Handheld Dual band VHF/UHF D-Star Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-E80D handheld VHF/UHF dualband, D-Star transceiver has been designed to be easy to use and contains a new 'DV mode' feature which allows the operator to access D-Star repeaters in just two steps. The IC-E80D has wideband receiver coverage and 5W output power on both VHF and UHF bands. The IC-E80D is capable of providing GPS position reporting functions in DV mode by utilising the optional HM-189GPS. The IC-E80D is ideal for a range of users including foundation licencees, anyone new to D-Star and Ham organisations such as Raynet that are looking for a simple GPS position reporting system. D-STAR DV mode available (Digital Voice + data)
The IC-E80D is compatible with the JARL D-STAR* format and provide DV mode operation with an AMBE® codec. 950bps (approx.) slow data can be sent simultaneously with the digital voice transmission.
* Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio D-STAR repeater list
The IC-E80D can store up to 300 channels/callsigns in the repeater list. Each channel memorizes a repeater frequency, duplex direction, offset frequency, callsign, gateway callsign and RPT1 (Repeater 1) use setting. The RPT1 use setting is a convenient function to flag an often used uplink D-STAR repeater to access. The access repeater scan finds an available D-STAR repeater from the RPT1 use repeater. DR (D-STAR REPEATER) mode
The new DR (D-STAR repeater) mode operation makes it easier to access a D-STAR repeater. When GW (gateway) set is set to “Auto”, it only takes two steps to access the repeater. GPS position reporting functions and GPS A mode for easy D-PRS operation
When connected to an external GPS receiver or GPS speaker-microphone (HM-189GPS for IC-E80D), the IC-E80D shows position data on the display and own and other station’s position information can be sent and received *. The IC-E80D can send the position data either by holding the PTT switch, or at a preset interval (5 seconds–30 minutes), depending on the setting. In addition, the GPS A mode assists in easy D-PRS mode operation, to send your position information to an APRS server from the D-STAR radio.
* GPS data receive only is possible when no external GPS receiver or GPS speaker-microphone is attached. Plotting position information on mapping software
When connected to a PC* via the optional RS-232C cable, the position information can be plotted on mapping software* on a PC.
* Serial port and position mapping software (NMEA 0183 format) are required. GPS memory and GPS alarm
The GPS memory stores up to 50 received or user programmed position information with 6-character channel memory name. The GPS alarm sounds when your own position is close to the specified point or area. Switchable VHF/UHF dualbander
The IC-E80D provides VHF/UHF dual band capabilities (one band at a time) via a simple band switching system. The IC-E80D series covers 0.495–999.99MHz*
*Receiver range depending on versions. See specification page. CS-80/880 free download cloning software
CS-80/880 cloning software is free to download from the Icom Inc. web site Used with this software, various settings can be made from a PC and the memory channels and other settings can be shared between IC-E80D and ID-E880.
* Either OPC-1529R, OPC-478 or OPC-478UC optional cable is required. Total 1052 memory channels
The IC-E80D has a total 1052 memory channels (including 1000 regular channels, 50 scan edges and 2 call channels) with 26 memory banks. All memory channels and program scan can be named with 8-character channel comments. A memory bank can be named with a 6-character bank name comment. Multiple scan function
The IC-E80D supports various scan types for maximum reception and ease of use. • Full scan
• Selected band scan
• Programmed scan
• Memory scan
• Memory mode scan
• All bank scan
• Selected bank scan
• Bank link scan (DMS)
• Program scan link
• Skip scan
• Priority scan
• Tone scan
• Access repeater scan Built-in CTCSS/DTCS encoder and decoder
Built-in CTCSS and DTCS tones are used for accessing a closed repeater or tone squelch operation. The pocket beep alerts you with a beep sound when the transceiver receives a preset tone. 1750Hz tone is also available. Other features
• Monitor function to listen to a weak signal.
• Variable tuning steps (IC-E80D: 14 steps)
• 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
• Key lock function Optional GPS speaker-microphone, HM-189GPS
When used with the new GPS speaker-microphone, HM-189GPS, the IC-E80D shows your position data on the display and offers position reporting function in DV mode. The IC-E80D shows the direction to a memory position or to a received D-STAR station. 5 Watts (typical) output
The IC-E80D provides 5W (typ.) output power both in VHF/UHF bands. The supplied BP-217 provides up to 6 hours* of operating time. When you don’t need full power operation, you can reduce output power to 2.5/0.5/0.1W (typ.) for saving battery consumption.
* Tx high: Rx: Stand-by duty ratio= 1 min.: 1 min.: 8 min. Power save on. External DC power jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation with an external DC power supply (10–16V DC). When used with the DC power cable simultaneous operation during charging is possible. Keypad navigation
The 4-direction cursor buttons on the keypad give you quick and intuitive access to many settings. Additional features
• 4 steps RF power selection (5W, 2.5W, 0.5W, 0.1W)
• Drip-resistant construction, equivalent to IPX4
• Auto power save, power off and power on
• 10dB (approx) built-in attenuator Other digital features
• One touch reply function* (* Cannot call JA stations by using this function.)
• Digital code squelch
- D-STAR DV mode operation (Digital voice + slow data)
- DR (D-STAR repeater) mode for easy setting
- CS-80/880 Free cloning software download from Icom website
- GPS position reporting functions (DV mode)
- GPS A mode for easy D-PRS operation
- One touch reply button (DV mode)
- Wideband receiver
- Optional GPS speaker-microphone, HM-189GPS
- IPX4 drip resistant construction
- 5W (typ.) output and 6 hours (approx.) operating time
Desktop fast charger for IC-E90
Battery case (2 dry or alkaline cells) for IC-E90
Battery pack (Li-Ion;7.4V/1300mAh)for IC-E90
Cigarette lighter cable with noise filter (Right Angle Plug)
- HM-131 (L/SC)
PMR Hand Microphone
The HM-166/L/LP earphone/microphone series have been designed for commercial users and active amateur radio operators who want extra durability at a great price.
Waterproof Speaker Microphone
Speaker microphone with remote control
Headset with VOX/TOT/PTT (lightweight)
Swivel Belt Clip
DC Power lead with fuse
Cloning cable, radio-to-radio.
Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
USB Cloning Cable - 3.5mm plug type
Compatible with a wide range of Amateur and PMR handhelds.