IC-M423 Fixed Mount VHF/DSC Transceiver (Discontinued) The IC-M423 is Icom's next generation VHF/DSC has a new user interface which makes driving this Icom fixed mount incredibly simple. This compact radio features Active Noise Cancelling Technology that reduces background noise by 90%. It also packs 10W from its loud speaker making sure your calls are clearly heard. The IC-M423 also has a Public Address & Fog Horn function so when attached to a hailer horn will expand the usefulness of this new radio. This product is no longer available. If you are looking for a replacement, then please visit the IC-M330GE Compact VHF/DSC Marine Transceiver product page. Read the 5 Stars Premium Product Review of the IC-M423 by clicking on Sailing Today IC-M423 DSC/VHF Review. Active Noise Cancelling Technology
The built-in bidirectional active noise canceller reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming calls. This could be really essential for you, making you heard when you really need to, such as when the weather conditions are poor or if engines are running. New Marine Family Common User Interface
The IC-M423 has an easy to use interface that will be incorporated into future Icom radios. The common Marine Family User Interface provides simple operation for the boat owner. A rotary selector, directional keypad provides intuitive operation. The high definition dot matrix display allows all information to be clearly viewed. 10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn
The IC-M423 has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an additional external speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the additional external speaker. Built-in Class D DSC
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report*, polling request* and DSC test calls.
*Available upon request. Common GPS/NAV Interface
When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the IC-M423's display. When receiving position information from another vessel, the IC-M423 can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity. Compatible with Icom MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder
The IC-M423 can be integrated with the Icom’s MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder allowing you to transmit DSC individual calls to a selected vessel instantly without manual MMSI entry; very handy if you are waiting to contact vessels on the AIS screen, an essential safety feature in an emergency. IPX7 Submersible Protection (1.0m depth for 30 minutes)
The IC-M423 withstands submersion in up to 1.0m depth of water for 30 minutes. It is equivalent to the IPX7 standard. Other Features
• AquaQuake draining function
• Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
• Priority and normal scan
• Built-in attenuator for local communication
• Black and white versions available.
• This product comes complete with a simple plastic flush mount kit. Stainless steel flush mount kits are available as an option.
- Active Noise Cancelling Technology
- New Marine Family Common User Interface
- High Definition Dot Matrix Display
- 10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn Capability
- Built-in Class D DSC
- Newly designed optional HM-195 COMMANDMIC4
- Compatible with Icom MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder
- Available in Black or white
GPS Active Antenna
- HM-195B Command Mic IV
The optional HM-195 COMMANDMIC allows you to use the IC-M423/G, IC-M506 & IC-M400BB from a separate cabin or tower and can be positioned up to 18.3m (60ft) away from the radio.
The HM-195CMI is a compact black box interface that provides multi-station control between Icom VHF/DSC marine radios and two HM-195 Commandmics.
Speaker Microphone. Available in Black or White.
Designed for Non- SOLAS vessels such as pleasure craft, workboats and small vessels, the MA-500TR is a compact, waterproof Class B AIS transponder that actively notifies other vessels of your exact position, thus increasing your safety at sea. The MA-500TR also has a dual channel receiver allowing boat owners to receive AIS information (both Class A and Class B AIS signals) on two channels simultaneously. This real-time information is then displayed on its large, backlit full dot-matrix display giving the boat owner real-time vessel traffic information thus aiding navigation and collision avoidance. The MA-500TR can work independently or connect with a PC or other marine network equipment. When connected to a compatible Icom VHF radio , an individual DSC call can be made easily from the MA-500TR.
Flush mount kit
Flush Mount Adapter for IC-M323(G), IC-M423(G) VHF/DSC radios
Extension cable for HM-162B/SW/E (6m/20ft)
- See the latest Icom Marine Radio Products, and Great Show Offers at this year’s Southampton Boatshow - 15/08/2018
- New Video: ‘What is ATIS and how to enable it on an ICOM marine radio?’ - 29/07/2016
- Second or Third station Radio Capability For Your Vessel with Icom UK’s Dual Station Upgrade Pack - 08/09/2015
- Great Offers and 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios and AIS Products at the London Boatshow 2015 - 08/01/2015
- New Range of Icom VHF Models Featuring Integrated GPS Receiver to be shown at METS Marine Trade Show - 18/11/2014
- Icom Supply IC-M423 VHF/DSC for 'Liquid Inspiration' - 14/11/2014
- Available in White: Icom's IC-M423 VHF/DSC & HM-195W COMMANDMIC - 21/10/2014
- NEW HM-195CMI Multi Station Commandmic Interface for Icom Fixed VHF/DSC radios! - 03/06/2014
- Icoms latest Fixed Mount VHF/DSC Marine Radios available in white - 31/10/2013
- ‘Round Ireland Powerboat & RIB Challenge 2013’ Endorsement for Icom - 09/09/2013
- Experience the Advantage of Icom’s Active Noise Cancelling Technology on its latest VHF/DSC range - 12/07/2013
- New Mounting Bracket to help you upgrade to Icom’s latest range of fixed VHF/DSC Marine Radios - 02/04/2013
- Icom UK Support ‘Round Ireland Powerboat & RIB Challenge’ - 21/02/2013
- Icom, Official Radio Communication Technical Partner to the Vendée Globe - 13/12/2012
- Icom Launch New Training Aids for VHF/SRC Radio Instructors - 30/10/2012
- Icom IC-M423 Fixed Mount VHF/DSC and HM-195SW COMMANDMIC available now in White - 27/07/2012
- Icom Introduces Next Generation VHF Fixed Mount Radio with Active Noise Cancelling Technology and Intuitive Soft-Key Interface - 17/05/2012
- Icom Showcases New Innovative Marine Communication Products at the Powerboat & RIB Show 2012 - 04/05/2012
- Icom’s next generation compact fixed mount VHF/DSC, IC-M423 - 24/01/2012
- Icom launches IC-M91D at London Boat Show - 17/01/2012