IP730D/IP740D Hybrid LTE/Digital Two Way Radio Series
IP730D/IP740D Hybrid LTE/Digital Two Way Radio Series The IP730D series from Icom is a new Hybrid radio that can provide nationwide coverage over LTE networks as well as conventional VHF/UHF professional radio mode (IDAS digital/Analogue radio modes) to work locally. The versatility of having two technologies (LTE & IDAS Digital PMR) merged into one, provides a range of options and applications for industries ranging from event and facility management to large utility infrastructure projects. LTE Mode
LTE mode provides secure private push-to-talk communication over an LTE (4G) and 3G network* allowing coverage in areas such as building basements or high-rise floors where conventional radio systems may not reach.
* Network coverage provided by Icom UK custom SIM card. IDAS Mode
IDAS digital mode is a conventional VHF/UHF radio mode using licensed professional radio channels. It provides Individual, Group and All calls with PTT operation. This provides a stable, local alternative for scenarios such as working in remote, mountainous areas where 4G/3G networks are not available. Sub PTT Button for Dual Mode Operation
The IP730D series has two PTT buttons; the main and sub PTT button. You can use one for LTE communication and the other for an IDAS/Analogue channel. The sub PTT button offers smooth switching between talking on LTE and IDAS/Analogue channels. Full-Duplex Communication in LTE Mode
The IP730D series provides full-duplex operation in LTE more so users can talk and receive at the same time, much like a telephone conversation. Built-in Bluetooth Technology
Built-in Bluetooth capability provides wireless operation with a Bluetooth accessory. The optional Bluetooth headset, VS-3 has PTT and programmable buttons. IP67 Waterproof and Dust-Tight Specification
The IP730D series is durable enough to endure water pressure under 1- meter depth for 30 minutes and has dust-tight protection. The radio meets MIL-STD-810 specifications. 1500 mW Powerful Audio
Icom’s high-power capacity speaker delivers a loud 1500 mW audio output with improved acoustic sound clarity for noisy environments.
* Typical at 10% distortion. Emergency Call Features
By holding down the orange emergency button, users can transmit an emergency call. In addition, the radio has three emergency related functions: Man Down, Lone Worker and Motion/Stationary Detection functions. If one of these functions is activated, the radio automatically transmits emergency signals to alert your controller or dispatcher of any potential trouble. Digital Voice Recording/Playback
The IP730D series can record incoming calls of up to 4 minutes, or a maximum of 10 messages, and the user can check recorded communications. Compatible with RMS-IP LTE Radio Dispatcher
The IP730D series is compatible with Icom UK’s RMS-IP LTE radio dispatcher. The IP730D series has a built-in GPS receiver that can automatically transmit position data at programmed intervals allowing you to track, manage and communicate with other users on your Icom LTE radio network.
* LTE mode only RoIP Gateway to Link to Other Systems
With the VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IP730D series can interconnect with an IP phone and various radio systems including WLAN radio, satellite PTT, LTE, IDAS and analogue radios. Dual Mode
The IP730D series can receive both communications from an LTE radio group and IDAS (or analogue) group at the same time (audio mixed). You can press either the main PTT for LTE or the sub PTT button for IDAS or analogue channel to answer in accordance with pre-programming. If necessary, you can press the main and sub PTT buttons to address two groups at the same time. Bridge Function
The Bridge function* relays received IDAS digital audio to the LTE radio group, while transferring the LTE radio conversations to the IDAS group. This function is useful when communicating outside of the LTE service coverage area with an IDAS radio, or temporary cross band connection between two IDAS radio groups using different frequencies or channels.
* When using the Bridge function, operating time will be shorter and output power of the IP730D/IP740D is reduced to 1 W. Bridge function is not available in Analogue mode. General Features
• 136 – 174, 350 – 470, 400 – 520 MHz versions
• 128 Channels/8 Zones
• Rotary encoder with channel announcement function*1
• DTMF code transmission with optional DTMF microphone, HM-245T*2
• Vibration alert function
• Surveillance function
• AquaQuake function prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker IDAS™ Operating Mode
• NXDN conventional
• NXDN multi-site conventional over IP network
• IDAS digital simulcast IDAS™ Digital Functions
• Over-the-Air Programming (OTAP) function updates the radio configuration over the LTE network
• Over-the-Air Alias (OAA) *1 displays the caller’s name without programming
• Up to 500 ID numbers for IDAS mode can be saved in the Call List to show the alias name
• Individual, Group and All calls
• Digital voice scrambler (15-bit encryption) • Talk back Analogue Functions
• CTCSS and DTCS
• 12.5 kHz channel spacing *1 These functions will be available with future firmware upgrades.
*2 DTMF microphone, HM-245T will be available later.
- Hybrid IP radio that combines an LTE radio and a conventional professional radio in one unit (IDAS digital/analogue mode)
- Dual mode operation for simultaneously receiving/transmitting in LTE and conventional professional radio modes
- Bridge mode function relays received IDAS digital audio to the LTE radio group, while transferring the LTE radio conversations to the IDAS digital group
- Built-in Bluetooth wireless technology
- IP67 dust-tight and waterproof specifications that can be used even in environments exposed to rain or dust
- GPS function that can display the location information of the terminal on a PC map software or browser (LTE mode only)
- Compatible with RMS-IP LTE Radio Dispatcher
3.5 mm earphone jack adapter for use with any of SP-27, SP-29 or SP-40 earphone.
UK 12v 1Amp charger.
Connectable type charger (connects up to six BC-226 units).
The BC-227 is a single rapid charger for use with the IC-F52D.
The BC-238 is a 12V six-slot multi-charger for the all new IC-M37 Marine VHF radio.
Lithium ion battery pack for the IP730D Hybrid IP/Digital two way radio series.
Battery case for the IP730D Hybrid IP/Digital two way radio series.
Cigarette Lighter Cable (For use with BC-191, BC-193, BC-219/N, BC-225, BC-227 or BC-240)
Earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
UHF antenna for 400-430 MHz
Subby antenna for the for the IP730D Hybrid IP/Digital two way radio series.
Antenna (160–174 MHz)
Icom VHF Antenna (150-174 MHz).
UHF Antenna (430-470 MHz)
Stubby antenna 160 -174MHz
Cut type antenna for the IP730D Hybrid IP/Digital two way radio series.
Cut type antenna for the IP730D Hybrid IP/Digital two way radio series.
Stubby antenna 450 -470MHz
Tie-clip microphone with 2.5 mm earphone jack.
The HM-184H speaker microphone features a large PTT button which is easy to press when the microphone attached to the shoulder.
The HM-222H waterproof speaker microphone is equipped with an emergency switch.
Tie-Clip Microphone with Sub PTT Button for the IP730D Hybrid IP/Digital two way radio series.
DTMF microphone with sub PTT button.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Provides Hands-free operation.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Carrying case for IP730D/IP740D.
Alligator style belt clip
Leather Belt Hanger. Swivel Type
For IP501H / IP503H. Use with LC-183 / LC-185.
Fixed long leather belt hanger
Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
DC lead for battery chargers
- RMS-IP LTE Radio Dispatcher
RMS-IP is a powerful IP based PC dispatcher that not only allows you to manage your Icom LTE radio network but also serves as an additional virtual radio on your system. RMS-IP enables a controller to communicate with your team, monitor all radio activity in real-time and ultimately manage your day to day business issues more efficiently. As part of Icom's LTE radio system, RMS-IP provides an important addition to your licence free, nationwide, full-duplex communication network.
Tube earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
The SP-27 features a clear acoustic tube that is designed to be hidden behind the ear making it hard to see. This makes it an ideal earphone for security, hotels, restaurants, retail and airports.
Earhook type earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Earhook type earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
The VE-PG4 is a versatile RoIP (Radio over IP network) gateway unit, which seamlessly interconnects LMR radios, LTE radios*, IP communication terminals, IP phone systems and external devices. In addition to the IP Network (LAN/WAN), the built-in LTE module (network coverage provided by a custom SIM card) provides virtually nationwide communication coverage.
*Icom custom SIM card required for LTE systems/use.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
The IP730D series from Icom is a new Hybrid radio that can provide nationwide coverage over LTE networks as well as conventional VHF/UHF professional radio mode (IDAS digital/Analogue radio modes) to work locally.